LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

I think I see Dirk just because he has that stroke from range and that face up game. I love a guy who can dribble to the elbow and nail shots like Dirk can. It's just unstoppable once you do it for a few years.

His lift is not too great, but I'm on board with him and believe the Magic are too. We could be a serious force with him and Vuc down low because they will get every rebound.

Well I'm coming around a little with today's Embiid news since Exum probably won't be an option any longer at 4. I like Vonleh as part of a larger plan to add Reggie Jackson or trading AA, and whoever, to add a pick at the 7,8,9 slots if Smart is still available. I don't like the idea of leaving this draft without our future PG though (unless we're trading for RJ).

Well I'm coming around a little with today's Embiid news since Exum probably won't be an option any longer at 4. I like Vonleh as part of a larger plan to add Reggie Jackson or trading AA, and whoever, to add a pick at the 7,8,9 slots if Smart is still available. I don't like the idea of leaving this draft without our future PG though (unless we're trading for RJ).

This is where it gets interesting. I think the Magic have trades they are trying to line up for a vet at PF (Lee) SF (Gallinari) or PG (Jackson). Thats just 3 examples of guys they would like in a trade.

So you are on the "extend the tank one more year" boat.

I'm on the YOLO boat lol. Haha nah, I'd be fine with Smart. His stock only dropped because he would handle Donald Sterling a little differently than most. That never bothered me.

This is where it gets interesting. I think the Magic have trades they are trying to line up for a vet at PF (Lee) SF (Gallinari) or PG (Jackson). Thats just 3 examples of guys they would like in a trade.

Gallinari? Just off of ACL surgery Gallinari? We get #11 too?

Vonleh and Dirk? The thing about Dirk is his height. That's what makes his shot so hard to stop. Being 7 foot with such a high release is very difficult to defend. Vonleh is 6'9. Although Vonleh still can grow a inch or two.

I dunno. I just see too much Andrew Nicholson in his game.

On Embiid...This has got to hurt his stock but then again, Cleveland is Cleveland and might do what Philly did with Noel. Draft Embiid and stash him until he heals up but I doubt it.

Vonleh and Dirk? The thing about Dirk is his height. That's what makes his shot so hard to stop. Being 7 foot with such a high release is very difficult to defend. Vonleh is 6'9. Although Vonleh still can grow a inch or two.

On Embiid...This has got to hurt his stock but then again, Cleveland is Cleveland and might do what Philly did with Noel. Draft Embiid and stash him until he heals up but I doubt it.

The Cavs are trying to lure Lebron back and keep Irving happy. There's no way they are entering tank mode.

Difference is that we're talking about the first pick in a very solid draft class this year. I think this certainly increases the odds of a Philly/Cleveland (or Cleveland and anyone)deal as Wiggins would presumably be plan B for the Cavs and Philly wants him badly. Cleveland could still walk away with Exum or possibly even Parker in this scenario. If Cleveland is still thinking about Embiid they can certainly get him at a much lower pick and walk away with assets by trading back.

No its not his height. It is his release point which is a result of height.

Vonlehs release point is very high - like Rashard Lewis's.

I see why you are saying about Nicholson, but Vonleh is far more talented. Nicholson was just the BPA in that draft at the time.

And yeah the Embiid thing - wow.

Just heard via ESPN...now what

Per Woj, Cavs now want to work out Exum for #1 pick.

***** the CAVS