LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Smart in for a 2nd workout?!?! Do we really use #4 on him? Or, take a PF at 4 and make a move up to get Smart? The double workout could be to ensure he's really what we think he is before giving up a significant piece to move up for him? Or, is this all smoke screen?

e8n3et.gif

33n94zb.gif

2njbsw5.gif

• Upvote 2

If we take Smart at 4, this is the ultimate "trust Henny" situation and we will all have to deal with it.

Reality is the Magic from what I have heard down here really think Exum could be gone before they pick.

Also - yes they could trade up to get Smart with their second pick and get Parker, Wiggins, Embiid at 4.

I would not be stunned to see Smart go at 4, but I guess the word would be underwhelmed.

If we take Smart at 4, this is the ultimate "trust Henny" situation and we will all have to deal with it.

Reality is the Magic from what I have heard down here really think Exum could be gone before they pick.

Also - yes they could trade up to get Smart with their second pick and get Parker, Wiggins, Embiid at 4.

I would not be stunned to see Smart go at 4, but I guess the word would be underwhelmed.

I agree. Smart at 4 would underwhelming but I trust Henny fully. If he feels Smart is better than whoever falls to us, then so be it.

Smart/Oladipo/Harris/KOQ/Vucevic.....until further notice

I think the worst case is Embid still being there at 4....if that happens it means his back has teams worried.

I think the worst case is Embid still being there at 4....if that happens it means his back has teams worried.

Another possibility is Cavs pass on him to go with a more ready wing player, and the other 2 teams pass because they didn't work him out and have their doctors vouch for his health.

If that's the case, and we didn't work him out, would you take him at 4, or ride with Smart?

Or the following occurs:

1. The Wolves trade Love for the #1 pick and pieces and draft Parker

2. The Bucks draft Wiggins

3. Philly drafts Exum

4. And Orlando drafts Embiid

Then we somehow trade up and snag Smart

I'd be excited with Exum & PF draft. I'd move back to Orlando and buy season tickets for top 3 + Smart draft.

Such a weird draft with tiers that I'd be angry if we draft Smart at 4 but fine if we traded up and drafted him at 5.

Another scenario. We draft Embiid but trade him to LA for Smart.

We then move Aaron for pick 9 since Victor needs to start, grab our PF and then get our shooter at 12.

And we will seriously need a shooter at SF with a Smart/Dipo backcourt - at least in year 1.

• Upvote 1

Another possibility is Cavs pass on him to go with a more ready wing player, and the other 2 teams pass because they didn't work him out and have their doctors vouch for his health.

If that's the case, and we didn't work him out, would you take him at 4, or ride with Smart?

Bigs with back issues scare the crap out of me...glad Henny's job would be on the line making that call and not me!

• Upvote 1