LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Aaron Harrison anybody ????…How can the same kid hit a game winning 3 with the season on the line in three consecutive NCAA playoff games !!!!!….That is unheard of even in NBA standards.

We've beaten 3 consecutive top ten teams without Cauley-Stein….Not to take anything away from Willie because he's gonna be a really good NBA player….Sky is the limit for him….I actually thought his injury was gonna be the cause of us losing all 3 of the games he was out, Louisville, Michigan and Wisconsin….But as Cal keeps telling everyone, we've got depth, lol !!!

Back to the Magic's draft this summer….I agree that Randle is a 'little' undersized…But something I noticed last night….Dude has a big butt to go along with all that strength…It creates space for him ala the way Charles Barkley used to play in the post….Barkley was only 6'4"…..Now, Randle can't shoot from range like Charles did…But he's not a bad shooter either….Heck, Cal has been inbounding the ball to Julius with these playoff games on the line because he is confident Randle will knock them down(free throws).

Nothing against Emory here but the Wildcats are a lot more than Cauley-Stein and Rob better recognize that when the draft rolls around….Heck Rob, use 1 of those 1st rounders on a Kentucky kid if you're smart, lol.

GO UK !!!!….They got a chance to do something Monday night that even the "Fab 5" of Michigan back in the day couldn't do….If my memory serves all the guys on that team went on to have good to great NBA careers….Webber, Juwan Howard, Jalen Rose to name a few.

Hats off to Kentucky. Those kids far exceeded the expectations I had for them in this tournament. They definitely deserve to be in the finals....and I'm pretty surprised UConn beat them. That is a very talented team. I still have serious reservations about the Harrison brothers and Randle in the NBA but they had a heck of a season. Congratulations.

From ESPN's Pelton, Elhassan and Ford on Smart:

Kevin Pelton: As disappointing as Smart's sophomore season was, he still lands atop my statistical draft rankings, ahead of any of this year's touted freshmen.

Amin Elhassan: For someone who didn't play point guard until he got to college, Smart's not bad. I just don't know if he has the lateral quickness or skill to be a highly successful pro, and doubt his enormous size/power advantage will carry over to the next level.

Chad Ford: His draft ceiling will ultimately depend on how much he improves his jump shot and playmaking skills. He's such a hard worker and so dedicated to the game that most NBA scouts believe he's going to fix these deficiencies with time. Expect him to go somewhere between No. 6 and 10 on draft night.

http://insider.espn...._360MarcusSmart

I'd say Kyle Anderson compares much more to (a taller) Andre Miller than Smart.

I would agree with that. Smart seems more in the Westbrook mold to me, 'poor man's', whatever that really means.

So it seems like Smart is a much more physical Andre Miller

Smart reminds me more of Chauncey Billups....the problem is that I am not sure Chauncey would have had the career he did under the current hand checking rules.

Well that makes one of you.

We'll most likely have the 11th or 12th pick so go ahead and show me a mock draft from a reputable analyst or draft site that has him projected in the top 10. Go ahead, I'll wait.