LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

"If thou drafteth for defense and intelligence,

athleticism and unselfishness,

thy scoring shall be like the desert.

Dry and barren, thy players shall never improve,

and thy wins shall be scarce like the refreshing waters.

So sayeth the Lord of Assumptions!"

Draft Analysis 4:27

Awesome

I said it on draft night and I'll say it gain, this is the first time in a long time where I think we have a good player at every position. If JV is smart I say he puts this lineup on the floor from day 1, Payton, Oladipo, Harris, Gordon, Vucevic

Let these 5 grow together and we could have something really special in a year or two.

I said it on draft night and I'll say it gain, this is the first time in a long time where I think we have a good player at every position. If JV is smart I say he puts this lineup on the floor from day 1, Payton, Oladipo, Harris, Gordon, Vucevic

Let these 5 grow together and we could have something really special in a year or two.

If harris's jump shot has improved. I think it can happen but if not there is no spacing.

If harris's jump shot has improved. I think it can happen but if not there is no spacing.

You can add to that Vuc's developing mid-range shot to unclog the paint will allow for Victor, Payton and Harris to create in the paint! Advantage Orlando hands down!

I of course am now placing the rebounding responsibilities on Gordon until his game develops. We look good, we really do!!!

You can add to that Vuc's developing mid-range shot to unclog the paint will allow for Victor, Payton and Harris to create in the paint! Advantage Orlando hands down!

I of course am now placing the rebounding responsibilities on Gordon until his game develops. We look good, we really do!!!

we need more than one shooter. I do think victor will be a much better shooter and defender this year. He used a lot of energy last year creating offense. Tired legs will be fresher this year.

we need more than one shooter. I do think victor will be a much better shooter and defender this year. He used a lot of energy last year creating offense. Tired legs will be fresher this year.

You know, this is probably the most exciting part of the process, seeing who will step up to become the #1 offensive threat in O'town!

The real question is, what happens when they start to gel/blend and become familiar with the league and themselves? I think we held back last season, especially after the all star break, sitting players, DNP's CD's and crazy rotations! So, what I am saying is that this could be the season that we take off the training wheels.

I think we become players in the East this year! Good point s LaVar, lets hope our returning players improved in the off season, and lets not forget we are also bringing in Fournier, who is a big combo guard with respectable 3pt range and he is also 21 years old! We have some good stuff happening here! Would you agree?

I think a lot of people are forgetting that we have a lot of cap space to sign a few shooters to a 1 year contract.

Yeah and Parsons can shoot too if he's our target.

I honestly think Harkless will be a much improved shooter as well. Just a gut feeling

Yeah and Parsons can shoot too if he's our target.

Man I hope so bro;

Starters to BEGIN the season IMO if we get Parsons:

Vucevic

Gordon

Parsons

Oladipo

Nelson

Bench:

Harris

Harkless

Payton

Fournier