LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Plus when did the plan change? It has not changed, if anything it has stayed very much the same. Henny's plan was never to get back in the playoffs as quick as possible, but to build a championship contender. Yes we could have probably easily positioned ourselves to challenge for stop 6-8 next year in the East, but where would that leave us in the future..... I doubt up the top. I don't need to watch winning right now, I get more enjoyment at seeing players develop. I would much prefer to go for a team orientated based, more than idividual, I also find it much easier supporting a team of good people compared to a team of jackasses.

I like watching a winning team with no jackasses but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Look, I know how rebuild's go. I've been a part of them my whole damn life being a fan of this team. I like seeing players develop but I like seeing the team compete too.

Do people here even realize payton had huge rebounding, steal, and free throw drawing numbers for a PG?... in other words he's one of the most athletic players at his position in this entire draft...AND HE KNOWS HOW TO PLAY PG, he is not a fake PG like smart

i can't wait to watch this forum after summer league and the realization that we're going to be one of the most athletic teams for the next 10 years

I like watching a winning team with no jackasses but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Look, I know how rebuild's go. I've been a part of them my whole damn life being a fan of this team. I like seeing players develop but I like seeing the team compete too.

I think you will see the team compete. It may not equate to wins next season, but I bet the last thing you think will be "the Magic just gave up.", the culture being built will prevent that. I think when it is time to rise it will end up being a very quick transition from being lottery to being top 4 in the East.

I think you will see the team compete. It may not equate to wins next season, but I bet the last thing you think will be "the Magic just gave up.", the culture being built will prevent that. I think when it is time to rise it will end up being a very quick transition from being lottery to being top 4 in the East.

So we agree, Durant in 2016? Eh, I'm off to bed. Yall take it easy.

Gordon was a smart pick at 4. Great athlete and defender. Gives the team a great sense of versatility. Able to play the 3 or 4 in the nba. Can step up to defender the pick n roll or slide back to protect the rim. One of those who guys who just gets it and knows how to play. Will need to improve his shot but its not far off to think he can be a decent 3 pt shooter in a few years. With his skill set decent is all he needs. Also Hennigen great roster flexibility because he can play with anyone. So if we are able to land a top fa he can take on a myriad of rolls to compliment that player.

Do people here even realize payton had huge rebounding, steal, and free throw drawing numbers for a PG?... in other words he's one of the most athletic players at his position in this entire draft...AND HE KNOWS HOW TO PLAY PG, he is not a fake PG like smart

i can't wait to watch this forum after summer league and the realization that we're going to be one of the most athletic teams for the next 10 years

he also played at a small school, in a small conference. Let's put that in perspective.

Here is my curve ball prediction. If we end up keeping our picks we take Aaron Gordon at number 4. Mostly gut feel based on his work rate, personality and upside which all fit the Henny mold.

Also saw this today:

"Gordon, 18, is receiving consideration from the Orlando Magic (pick No. 4) and is not expected to get past the Sacramento Kings with the eighth selection, sources said."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/arizona-s-aaron-gordon-learns-lessons-from-brother-s-nba-draft-nightmare-002416910-nba.html

Doesn't mean anything but I think he is a bit of a dark horse

Picked it. Really think Aaron is going to be one of the best players in the draft. Arguably the best athlete, the best defender (#1 D win shares), super versatile and fantastic passer. He has real Point Forward potential. I see a lot of Kawhi and Marion in his game. If he can develop a reliable jumper he is going to be unstoppable in the Pick and Roll.

Gordon was a smart pick at 4. Great athlete and defender. Gives the team a great sense of versatility. Able to play the 3 or 4 in the nba. Can step up to defender the pick n roll or slide back to protect the rim. One of those who guys who just gets it and knows how to play. Will need to improve his shot but its not far off to think he can be a decent 3 pt shooter in a few years. With his skill set decent is all he needs. Also Hennigen great roster flexibility because he can play with anyone. So if we are able to land a top fa he can take on a myriad of rolls to compliment that player.

Using the 4th pick on a role player is never a smart idea.