LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

i would be so pissed. i kept up with those two teams all year watching that pick get better. to use it and our best asset to move up 3 spots, they better win BIG on who they select at one.

If we do end up picking Vonleh and not a PG with our 12th pick I think this would be our best starting lineup. BTW I really don't understand why Harris is not starting at the small forward position when he is by far one of the most talented player on our team.

Oladipo

Afflalo

Harris

Vonleh

Vucevic

Honestly I think I'd rather let Harkless start and have Harris bring his scoring ability off the bench as 6th man. As a 6th man you pretty much still get starters minutes. Plus it helps because of his versatility to come in and play the 3 and 4.

Right

I don't think there's another guy who balances analytics, actually diagnosing a specific play, and rational opinions as well as he does. It will be a shame when ESPN spreads him too thin by throwing him at Around the Horn, sportscenter spots, pregame shows, etc.

I don't feel like Zach will ever get to that point because he's much more technical in his analysis thanmost people who cover the NBA on TV and I don't think that would be as well received among more casual fans.

Chad Ford saying the Cavs have interest in our 4 + 12 + Afflalo for the 1st pick offer. That's quite a lot just to move up 3 spots...and I'm praying to God that if that happens we don't pick Wiggins.

I'd much prefer something like 4 + Afflalo + we take back Jarret Jack's terrible contract.

God hates you because the Magic will take Wiggins at #1.

Its really not a lot to give up to get an instant stopper on D, and a potential superstar wing.

Chad Ford saying the Cavs have interest in our 4 + 12 + Afflalo for the 1st pick offer. That's quite a lot just to move up 3 spots...and I'm praying to God that if that happens we don't pick Wiggins.

I'd much prefer something like 4 + Afflalo + we take back Jarret Jack's terrible contract.

I'd do it in a heartbeat and grab Parker. Dipo Parker and Vuc would be great to build around.

Its really not a lot to give up to get an instant stopper on D, and a potential superstar wing.

So you really think it's worth up to give up a 19 ppg SG in his prime, the 4th pick who could be Vonleh/Smart, and the 12th who could be Payton/Young?

Let's say this;

Andrew Wiggins

For

Arron Afflalo, Noah Vonleh, and Elfrid Payton

You would do this trade?

Honestly I think I'd rather let Harkless start and have Harris bring his scoring ability off the bench as 6th man. As a 6th man you pretty much still get starters minutes. Plus it helps because of his versatility to come in and play the 3 and 4.

I just think if Harris got put in the starting lineup and had some stability at the 3 spot I think he could become a special player. I know a lot of players these days can play multiple positions but ask any person who has ever played ball before and I'm sure they will tell you that being able to concentrate on one job is a lot easier than having to master 2 spots especially SF compared to PF.

It's a lot to give up for a guy who can't dribble and finished at the rim worse than Jordan Adams.

Some Jazz beatwriter saying on radio we are offering Oladipo plus "a pick" for #1

No way Hennigan trades Oladipo.... right?

Some Jazz beatwriter saying on radio we are offering Oladipo plus "a pick" for #1

He better NOT!!! Oladipo is a special player and I think we would really regret that decision. I'd rather give up VUC

I'm so confident that this won't happen that if it does I'll become a Milwaukee Buck fan.

WAIT NO I TAKE THAT BACK!!!