LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Dante at 7? Sounds like Bilas is a Lakers fan.

Nah, ESPN just spreads him too thin. No time to check out intl prospects.

If bilas knew about intl guys there would be no Fran fraschilla

Nah, ESPN just spreads him too thin. No time to check out intl prospects.

If bilas knew about intl guys there would be no Fran fraschilla

And Fran Fraschilla does nothing but over-hype international players, so basically just take the average of the two.

Henny should be doing............just what he is doing in leaving basically everything out there to assumption, with the hopes of Embid or Exum falling to us in all the smokescreens!

I also would like to feel comfortable with Vonleh, but I struggle! I also beleive that one or the other will fall to us in either Joel or Dante on Thursday....or at least I hope so! It's a win win either way!

Swing for the fences Henny!!!!

At this moment, I rather have Vonleh's potential to grow and gain more skills than Embiid's back, foot, blood work (if that's true) and his diva like attitude about wanting only Boston/LA to see his medical records (if that's true as well).

Henny should be doing............just what he is doing in leaving basically everything out there to assumption, with the hopes of Embid or Exum falling to us in all the smokescreens!

I also would like to feel comfortable with Vonleh, but I struggle! I also beleive that one or the other will fall to us in either Joel or Dante on Thursday....or at least I hope so! It's a win win either way!

Swing for the fences Henny!!!!

One or the other has to be there

1. Wiggins, 2. Parker (or vice versa with Wiggins) 3. Exum/Embiid 4. Whoever isn't taken 3rd

I say just take Embiid and don't gut the team to move up 2-3 spots. He's absolutely worth the risk IMO.

I get depressed reading 6'ers board and seeing them high on Exum.

I'm hoping they make a trade with Cle because that almost guarantees the Cavs take Embiid @ #3.

At this moment, I rather have Vonleh's potential to grow and gain more skills than Embiid's back, foot, blood work (if that's true) and his diva like attitude about wanting only Boston/LA to see his medical records (if that's true as well).

Yeah, I get that whole "Diva attitude", but great talent comes at a price. I am not that concerned with who sees the medical reports, but if he falls to the 4 spot, I think Henny will have the most current medical information at hand, and I still think he takes him. As I think about it, why would he only want Boston and LA to see his medical report? Has he been assured that he will fall that far? Or is that just Agent talk?? More than likely the latter! Good points!

I get depressed reading 6'ers board and seeing them high on Exum.

I'm hoping they make a trade with Cle because that almost guarantees the Cavs take Embiid @ #3.

True! Very true, but it will also cost Philly the #10 spot as well, I think Cleveland would want another first round big in the mix!

How are ya Nyce1? Long time huh??

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I get that whole "Diva attitude", but great talent comes at a price. I am not that concerned with who sees the medical reports, but if he falls to the 4 spot, I think Henny will have the most current medical information at hand, and I still think he takes him. As I think about it, why would he only want Boston and LA to see his medical report? Has he been assured that he will fall that far? Or is that just Agent talk?? More than likely the latter! Good points!

Because if he is not going to go top 3 then his agent is going to shoot for the first major market to make up the lost income from the draft spot. Why else would his agent not want to provide information to a team that could potentially draft him? This has heartbreak and nightmare written all over it, I'm actually shocked that there are so many people on the board that would be excited about this. The draft is a gamble because you don't know if these guys will pan out. We are talking about adding in an injury history to go along with the potential gamble. Even if his potential is what all of the experts say it is, what do you think the likely hood is that he is going to stay healthy? He hasn't played an 82 game season yet and he has 3 stress fractures under his belt. Is whatever is out of alignment with him going to magically fix itself when he starts to get pounded on for 82+ games?? Does your car fix itself when something is wrong after you drive it more??

Someone mentioned it when this all started, it's not like he hurt the foot by dropping a dumbell on it, he hurt it either running or cutting, does anyone actually think that is going to improve with age??

Because if he is not going to go top 3 then his agent is going to shoot for the first major market to make up the lost income from the draft spot. Why else would his agent not want to provide information to a team that could potentially draft him? This has heartbreak and nightmare written all over it, I'm actually shocked that there are so many people on the board that would be excited about this. The draft is a gamble because you don't know if these guys will pan out. We are talking about adding in an injury history to go along with the potential gamble. Even if his potential is what all of the experts say it is, what do you think the likely hood is that he is going to stay healthy? He hasn't played an 82 game season yet and he has 3 stress fractures under his belt. Is whatever is out of alignment with him going to magically fix itself when he starts to get pounded on for 82+ games?? Does your car fix itself when something is wrong after you drive it more??

Someone mentioned it when this all started, it's not like he hurt the foot by dropping a dumbell on it, he hurt it either running or cutting, does anyone actually think that is going to improve with age??

Everyone here is a podiatrist and an orthopedic surgeon so they know everything about his injury and how it's going to magically get better. Even if he has the potential to be Hakeem, he can't do anything from the bench if he's injured.

• Upvote 1

Exactly, all we do know for sure about the guy is...he gets hurt a lot.

Has there ever been a single player in the history of the league that sustained multiple serious injuries like this before getting drafted and went on to stay relatively healthy? Not injury free, just healthy enough to be there when you need him. I honestly can't think of a single one. Oden and Roy are the first ones to pop into my head when I start thinking about this guy.