LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

[/size]

Rather do a deal with Charlotte for #9 than take on Gibson's long term deal.

Me too because that's what I just predicted we'd do like three pages ago (and then draft Randle). ;)/>

For those wanting Embiid, please research that specific injury. It's one of the death nails for bigs. Pelton has a good article on it. No way I want him.

I am hearing different. This is a big 180 on Embiid since the surgery now. His bone should be fine after 4 months according to most orthos. Its not a death nail in any way. The only death nail is Cartilage. People compare Embiid to Oden and it's not even close to the same situation. The Magic could have Embiid sit all 2014 and then bring him back in slowly for the second half of the season. They could spend most time rehabbing his body and teaching him the game and building him up for an 82 game season.

The anti vonleh people can be happy. I think the Magic are getting comfortable with the fact that they may get the best player in the draft at pick 4 and could go with Embiid. The uncertainty casts a big shadow on everything, but his draft stock has really yo yo'd from 1 down to 7 and back 3 or 4.

It's crazy.

Interesting report from Ric Bucher that seems to fly in the face of the "Smart didn't impress at Orlando workouts" report:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2101412-bucher-draft-buzz-marcus-smarts-stock-rising-in-pre-draft-workouts#ooid=RjOW5jbjrJfdlfuXfqWAmZAmLGvnv5o6,E0OW5jbjo_p81WUfHHR4omC0TN8XBzxp

Makes me hopeful that Orlando sees what I see in him.

You made a really long post about pre draft speculation and then post Ric Bucher. :svgsad:/>

• Upvote 2

The big question here is how does this impact the Bulls’ drive to get Carmelo Anthony? Trading for Afflalo — assuming the Bulls give up something like one of their two first round picks, 16 and 19, as well as Mike Dunleavy Jr. or another player — makes getting Anthony more difficult. This doesn’t remove salary from the Bulls’ payroll, which is what they need to do to bring in Anthony. Maybe this is the first in a series of moves.

Minnesota is said to be interested in Afflalo as part of a Kevin Love trade.

The other question is what is being exchanged for Afflalo? The Magic are rebuilding and have some nice young pieces — Victor Oladipo, Nikola Vucevic, Tobias Harris — as well as the No. 4 and No. 12 pick in the draft. They would welcome another pick but that’s not enough to get a deal done, it is going to take a salary like Dunleavy. Maybe Orlando has interest in Jimmy Butler, who like Afflalo plays the two.

Afflalo would be a great fit next to a hopefully healthy Derrick Rose, as well as with Joakim Noah and the rest of the Bulls.

This trade conversation raises a lot of questions, but it’s ongoing and out there.

http://probasketball...o-from-orlando/

I am hearing different. This is a big 180 on Embiid since the surgery now. His bone should be fine after 4 months according to most orthos. Its not a death nail in any way. The only death nail is Cartilage. People compare Embiid to Oden and it's not even close to the same situation. The Magic could have Embiid sit all 2014 and then bring him back in slowly for the second half of the season. They could spend most time rehabbing his body and teaching him the game and building him up for an 82 game season.

The anti vonleh people can be happy. I think the Magic are getting comfortable with the fact that they may get the best player in the draft at pick 4 and could go with Embiid. The uncertainty casts a big shadow on everything, but his draft stock has really yo yo'd from 1 down to 7 and back 3 or 4.

It's crazy.

You made a really long post about pre draft speculation and then post Ric Bucher. :svgsad:/>/>/>

I'd love to see us draft Embiid and then find a way to move up for Smart. That would be killer! I think drafting Embiid forces Henny to be extra aggressive in walking away with a second top tier player out of this draft in case things don't work out with Embiid. It's gonna be a crazy five days leading up to the draft!!

Seriously, I hope we don't take any I these proposed Bulls deals. None of their assets entice me, and if thy want to dump salary in us we better be getting something good in return

Taj Gibson is pretty good, especially with say the 16th pick that we could hopefully package with the 12th to move up into the 7-9 range. Just my opinion.

I'd do Dunleavy, Snell and a 1st round pick (or both preferably) for Afflalo. That's pretty similar to the Redick deal and Dunleavy would have some value at the deadline with a contender as well. I'd use the picks either to trade up or draft and stash, don't want more than 2 rookies on the team this season really.

You made a really long post about pre draft speculation and then post Ric Bucher. :svgsad:/>/>

Hah. That's good. Actually, though, that was kinda my point with both posts. I don't necessarily put any more stock in the Bucher report than the one (was it Ford?) that said we didn't like Smart's workouts. I hope the Bucher one is more accurate, because it would be in step with my own thoughts; but I don't TRUST it. I just posted it because it was relevant to the previous stuff I was saying about reports on workouts that the reporters didn't even see. One guy says Orlando was disappointed, another says Smart is killing it in all his workouts. My opinion isn't changed by any of them, nor should be that of anyone else. Look with your eyes, Arya.

I'd love to see us draft Embiid and then find a way to move up for Smart. That would be killer! I think drafting Embiid forces Henny to be extra aggressive in walking away with a second top tier player out of this draft in case things don't work out with Embiid. It's gonna be a crazy five days leading up to the draft!!

I would lose my ****. I would need a diaper for game 1 2015 with a Smart/Olapido/Embiid core. Smart and Oladipo on the break would be scary, and the defense in general, with Embiid protecting the rim behind those two guys, would be legendary. I'm not that much of an optimist, no matter how feasible it sounds; so I'm not going to count on that happening. You're right, though. It would be an amazing draft. Pants-****tingly good, really :)

Hah. That's good. Actually, though, that was kinda my point with both posts. I don't necessarily put any more stock in the Bucher report than the one (was it Ford?) that said we didn't like Smart's workouts. I hope the Bucher one is more accurate, because it would be in step with my own thoughts; but I don't TRUST it. I just posted it because it was relevant to the previous stuff I was saying about reports on workouts that the reporters didn't even see. One guy says Orlando was disappointed, another says Smart is killing it in all his workouts. My opinion isn't changed by any of them, nor should be that of anyone else. Look with your eyes, Arya.

I don't have a problem with Smart. I just don't think we take him at 4. Looks more like Embiid is climbing back up the ranks and we could get him or Exum as a result.

FWIW, bulls have an insider on their RealGM board and he said Melo is going to Chicago via S&T using Boozer. Phil is trying to get anything of value back. He also said Orlando/Chicago were talking trade. He said all this 2 days ago, before the Woj report. Them sending out Boozer makes it possible for them to get Afflalo and Melo.

A mod on their board verified the legitimacy of the poster and his source.

Give me Gibson all day. However, I do like Mirotic's game. Stretch 4 with toughness and high bball IQ.

Catman, has Rob met with Embiid? Gotta think an interview is required.