3. Embiid

4. Randle

5. Parker

6. Vonleh

7. Gordon

8. Smart

9. Young

10. Harris

Exum over Embid and Parker is just funny IMO. We get it, you like him, but let's lay off the Exum juice a bit.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24580994/draft-options-what-can-the-orlando-magic-do-with-the-no-4-pick

Not sure if this was posted or not but I think it's worth the read for the most part.

Good Gosh !!!….If you're a UK fan it's a great read !!!…..See below:

Draft Julius Randle: Count me in for this plan. Randle pairs beautifully with Vucevic, and their skills complement each other perfectly. Vucevic is big with a long wingspan, Randle has T-Rex arms but can bully to the rim. Randle works in the pick and pop with Oladipo and can run the floor with the Magic's young guns. Tobias Harris provides coverage for longer stretch fours defensively and Randle gives the Magic a guy with a ruthless approach to scoring. His mentality and approach is needed on the Magic, and he makes them better right away.

This is a pretty tremendous fit.

Whats crazy is this Matt Moore guy is about as neutral as you can get….Writes for a National website….At least I don't think he graduated from UK, lol….And the rest of the article about things the Magic can do were also interesting….Especially the part about Exum's agent being the same one Kobe has and about Exum eventually ending in L.A…..Can't wait for draft night !!!…Gonna be good.

• Upvote 1

Draft Julius Randle: Count me in for this plan. Randle pairs beautifully with Vucevic, and their skills complement each other perfectly. Vucevic is big with a long wingspan, Randle has T-Rex arms but can bully to the rim. Randle works in the pick and pop with Oladipo and can run the floor with the Magic's young guns. Tobias Harris provides coverage for longer stretch fours defensively and Randle gives the Magic a guy with a ruthless approach to scoring. His mentality and approach is needed on the Magic, and he makes them better right away.

Whats crazy is this Matt Moore guy is about as neutral as you can get….Writes for a National website….At least I don't think he graduated from UK, lol….And the rest of the article about things the Magic can do were also interesting….Especially the part about Exum's agent being the same one Kobe has and about Exum eventually ending in L.A…..Can't wait for draft night !!!…Gonna be good.

He did say that Exum would probably stay on the rookie contract for 8 years with the Magic. I think it's safe to say by that time Kobe probably won't have as much influence on his decision. Especially if he wins a couple of rings with the Magic.

I'm sorry but the article is not that good and simply reeks of a guy throwing darts at a wall. Right now a "tremendous fit" for the Magic is NOT a PF who does not provide a significant level of interior defense.

The closest thing to a tremendous fit is Exum if he deliver on potential. He is a perfect compliment to Oladipo. Another fit I would consider more tremendous than Randle is Smart. This is a PG league, and both of these PGs are ideal to play next to Victor, since they would immediately make a difference to the Magic's woeful Defense, and be able to develop as offensive initiators.

At one point in the article he suggests trading pick #4 for a veteran player. If you have any idea of what the Magic are trying to do, you would know better to even suggest this would happen.

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry but the article is not that good and simply reeks of a guy throwing darts at a wall. Right now a "tremendous fit" for the Magic is NOT a PF who does not provide a significant level of interior defense.

The closest thing to a tremendous fit is Exum if he deliver on potential. He is a perfect compliment to Oladipo. Another fit I would consider more tremendous than Randle is Smart. This is a PG league, and both of these PGs are ideal to play next to Victor, since they would immediately make a difference to the Magic's woeful Defense, and be able to develop as offensive initiators.

At one point in the article he suggests trading pick #4 for a veteran player. If you have any idea of what the Magic are trying to do, you would know better to even suggest this would happen.

He clearly said in the article when he suggest "trading pick number 4 for a veteran player", that there would be no reason to do that. He was simply laying out any and all possibilities.

I would agree a PG would be the more ideal fit but honestly I don't think either exum or smart are tremendous fits with OlaDipo. Neither can shoot and both could be seen more as combo guards. I think based on this draft class most magic fans (me included) want 1 of those 2 but I would never say either are tremendous fits. A tremendous PG fit next to Vic would be one that possesses all the necessary PG traits but could also shoot the ball very well which neither Smart or Exum know how to do.

• Upvote 1

I think Randle could be a good fit, but not at 4. The crazy thing is that I don't think I would be upset if we had the 5th pick and took him.

I think Randle could be a good fit, but not at 4. The crazy thing is that I don't think I would be upset if we had the 5th pick and took him.

noah is a much better fit. imo. He can block shots, rebound, play center, and shot.

noah is a much better fit. imo. He can block shots, rebound, play center, and shot.

Randle wouldn't be my first choice at 5 but I wouldn't be upset with the selection. That's my point because I would be upset with taking Randle at 4. I don't think that kind of thing happens very often in a draft. There's actually a few players that I would love to take at 5 that I don't want at 4.

#4- Vonleh

Trade AA/Nicholson to Sac

#8- Smart (I think he slides once we pass at #4)

#12- Young/Stauskas

Smart/Nelson

Oladipo/(Stauskas/Young)

Harkless/Harris

Vonleh/O'Quinn/Harris

Vucevic/Dedmon

This team has the potential to be lethal on the defensive end, especially if Vonleh can become the help defender/rim protector he has the chance to be. If Smart is taken 5,6,7 go in for Bledsoe and hang onto Afflalo (for now).

#4- Vonleh

Trade AA/Nicholson to Sac

#8- Smart (I think he slides once we pass at #4)

#12- Young/Stauskas

Smart/Nelson

Oladipo/(Stauskas/Young)

Harkless/Harris

Vonleh/O'Quinn/Harris

Vucevic/Dedmon

This team has the potential to be lethal on the defensive end, especially if Vonleh can become the help defender/rim protector he has the chance to be. If Smart is taken 5,6,7 go in for Bledsoe and hang onto Afflalo (for now).

I like the look of that team. I think we have potential and depth at each position. The question would be what offense threat that team could ultimately bring, but with a years worth of development, that could be addressed in free agency if the team decided to upgrade the small forward position.

The alternative if Smart is gone, could be to go with a combination like McDermott at #8 and Ennis/Payton at #12. That would give us a PG to nurture into Nelson's long term replacement, and a player capable of scoring either from the bench or as a down the road starter. The main problem with this scenario is that we would then we left with the problem of finding enough minutes for McDermott, Harkless and Harris - especially if Vonleh and O'Quinn are rotating the PF position. But we would have depth and talent at both forward positions, and potentially valuable future trade assets if the team wants to make moves to acquire players at other positions. The other problem is the depth at SG, though could that be addressed in free agency?

The other route could be to take on the project that is Zach LaVine at #8. He has top tier athleticism and the potential to become a very good player. The issue is that he is raw, but he could sit behind Nelson for a season or two while he learns his trade, and that would allow the team to draft Harris, Stauskas or Young at #12 giving us the shooting guard to back up Oladipo and give the team scoring power from the bench. That could a decent line up as well, because if LaVine utilizes his potential, then him and Oladipo in the back court could be scary.

He clearly said in the article when he suggest "trading pick number 4 for a veteran player", that there would be no reason to do that. He was simply laying out any and all possibilities.

I would agree a PG would be the more ideal fit but honestly I don't think either exum or smart are tremendous fits with OlaDipo. Neither can shoot and both could be seen more as combo guards. I think based on this draft class most magic fans (me included) want 1 of those 2 but I would never say either are tremendous fits. A tremendous PG fit next to Vic would be one that possesses all the necessary PG traits but could also shoot the ball very well which neither Smart or Exum know how to do.

It gets so old reading about how guys coming into the NBA "can't shoot". Its such a lazy, armchair, cliche analysis. Both players will develop their shot. If you just watch the NBA you will see guys who come into the league with no stroke and become knockdown shooters. Ariza is the easiest example. Harkless is developing his shot as well. Exum and Smart are already further along in their strokes development than the prior 2 guys when they entered the league.

You have to understand that most NBA draft picks "can't shoot" when they first come into the league - Dwayne Wade, Lebron, Mcgrady - prime examples.