LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

When I look for insights into the inner workings of Orlando management, I go to a SF Bay Area beat writer's blog.

Yup. This is nothing more than speculation.

I'm really disappointed we won't be getting Wiggins. Man crush aside, if Exum is the guy, I won't be crying.

Well, not a top two choice which would have been ideal but at 4 we will get one of the two players most coveted by the majority of the fans here.

So, will Philly grab Parker or Exum? I would take Exum if I were them (or the Magic over Parker), he would slide in next to MCW nicely, and with Thad the Impaler still there at SF Parker doesn't make much sense unless PHI felt he's going to walk in FA the following year. Would you walk with a dynamic backcourt and a top prospect center when your team has ample cap space?

I bet we will be stuck with Parker, for better or worse. Would be happier with Exum.

Embiid

Wiggins

Exum

Parker

Randle

Smart

Vonleh

Gordon

McDermott

Young/Harris

Harris/Young

Stauskas

Hood

LaVine

I'm really disappointed we won't be getting Wiggins. Man crush aside, if Exum is the guy, I won't be crying.

Right.

I'm still not counting out a trade with Cleveland but ending up with exum is great. We'd be able to have oladipo defend a point guard or a shooting guard without having to change up our lineup

Well, not a top two choice which would have been ideal but at 4 we will get one of the two players most coveted by the majority of the fans here.

So, will Philly grab Parker or Exum? I would take Exum if I were them (or the Magic over Parker), he would slide in next to MCW nicely, and with Thad the Impaler still there at SF Parker doesn't make much sense unless PHI felt he's going to walk in FA the following year. Would you walk with a dynamic backcourt and a top prospect center when your team has ample cap space?

I bet we will be stuck with Parker, for better or worse. Would be happier with Exum.

Embiid

Wiggins

Exum

Parker

Randle

Smart

Vonleh

Gordon

McDermott

Young/Harris

Harris/Young

Stauskas

Hood

LaVine

For all we know, Milwaukee might love Parker and Embiid will fall to us.

Embiid

Wiggins

Exum

Parker

Randle

Smart

Vonleh

Gordon

McDermott

Young/Harris

Harris/Young

Stauskas

Hood

LaVine

Ironically, while everyone is talking about how great Parker is, I do indeed think he falls to us, and that's depressing since we already have a guy in Harris who does pretty much the same thing. The only way that this becomes an acceptable reality is if Marcus Smart slides down or we trade up to grab him. Other than that, I wouldn't be overly excited to have a draft of Parker/Stauskas or so.

i'm excited about the possibility of adding 8 or 9 for affalo. we could get 3 really good prospects with 4, 8/9, and 12, considering some are bound to slide. imagine embiid, smart, gordan. or exum, venloh, stouskas. or parker, randle, ennis. or...

Embiid

Wiggins

Exum

Parker

Randle

Smart

Vonleh

Gordon

McDermott

Young/Harris

Harris/Young

Stauskas

Hood

LaVine

Except Thaddeus Young plays a lot of his time at PF for Philly. He is kind of a tweener. Last year they started Hollis Thompson at the SF position, and their depth chart shows Jason Richardson backing him up. I don't see them passing on Parker.

Has anyone thought of the reality that if Parker drops to us at #4, that instead of drafting Parker, we would have Utah trade an arm and a leg to have him and trade back to one down at #5? I'm thinking Derrick Favors, the #5 pick, and a future 1st rounder might do the trick.

In this way, if we pick Smart, our future starting line-up becomes:

Smart

Oladipo

Harris

Favors

Vuc

@ FTW It's possible, but I assume you mean CLE would love Parker thus Embiid falling, right? To me there is very, very little chance of CLE taking anyone other than Embiid, if for no other reason than to leave the door open for Lebron. He'll come play with a franchise changing big and top-ish pg; that is a balanced team. Wiggins might be a terrific player but he plays similarly to Lebron, which may keep ole number 23 away. Embiid is the best prospect if healthy ahead of Wiggins; even if they did like Parker better for some reason they would probably take Embiid anyway and facilitate a trade to maximize value. The only way it wouldn't work out that way was is if their desired talent was Wiggins, which would likely not elicit much value in a trade nor fit their pursuit for Lebron.

I think Embiid would be taken by Philly as well if he were to fall (unless Wiggins was somehow ALSO available). They would run a front court of Embiid, Noel, and Young happily with an awesome pg in MCW. Pickup a SG with all their cap space and be back in the playoffs in no time. I don't think it really matters because if CLE doesn't take Embiid then MIL most certainly would with presumably Wiggins off the board-once again assuming no injury. Wiggins is one thing next to Giannis, but Parker?!? Maybe if they were drafting 3rd but even then Exum would probably be a better fit for them...which brings US back to Parker.

What is the possibility we trade down from number 4? Lets say Parker does end up in the 4th spot, we could trade down one or two spots and get our PF of the future and an additional asset, get our scorer from the plethora of scorers around at 12, by my count 4 decent ones (no order: MCD, Young, Stauskas, Hood)

I don't mean to sound down on Parker, he will be a very good player for us! Not the best out of the group, but good nonetheless. That being said, if we get Parker IMO Harris will become entirely expendable-if he already isn't. I don't see Rob giving up on Mo, and with Parker there is really nothing left for Harris. Maybe pick Parker with #4 and use Harris and the #12 to move up to 5-7 and get young buck (randle vonleh or gordon).

Wow, this is long.