LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Arron Afflalo for their pick??

I'm a fan of this idea, though I don't know about the talent we get. Additionally, their core with Burke and co is still a couple of years away and Afflalo will be fading by that point in terms of his max playing level.

With the Kings putting their No.8 pick on the block I think Affalo to them makes a ton of sense. They want a replacement for Terry, Affalo works IMO.

With the Kings putting their No.8 pick on the block I think Affalo to them makes a ton of sense. They want a replacement for Terry, Affalo works IMO.

They have a log-jam of good talent that just doesn't seem to gel. If anything, I think they will be looking for a PG, especially since Isaiah, while he's good, is not their PG of the future.

They have a log-jam of good talent that just doesn't seem to gel. If anything, I think they will be looking for a PG, especially since Isaiah, while he's good, is not their PG of the future.

Isaiah Thomas: 20.3PPG, 6.3APG, 45FG%. I agree they have talent that won't gel. I think AA could help them a lot and is an instant upgrade over Terry. Cousins could use a guy like Affalo around. A scenario I'm sure Henny would look into if something is there.

There should be a rule against a team getting 3 1st overall picks in 4 years. Although I do enjoy the thought of the collective groan of Parker, Wiggins and Embiid as they see Cleveland get the #1 pick. I'm worried about the Magic's shot at Exum though at 4.

Cleveland will go Wiggins or Embiid I think since they make the most sense.

Bucks will probably take the remaining player out of Wiggins and Embiid.

76ers could very well take Exum if they don't like Parker. (I think with a shot blocker like Noel, Parker makes sense but they're apparently very high on Exum too)

Magic have one of Parker/Exum.

That's how I see it going down. Kind of wish the Cavs hadn't fired their GM so they could have drafted Julius Randle at #1.

Isaiah Thomas: 20.3PPG, 6.3APG, 45FG%. I agree they have talent that won't gel. I think AA could help them a lot and is an instant upgrade over Terry. Cousins could use a guy like Affalo around. A scenario I'm sure Henny would look into if something is there.

Isaiah has to be underrated or Lillard has to be overrated otherwise someone please explain the what separates them to me.

Isaiah has to be underrated or Lillard has to be overrated otherwise someone please explain the what separates them to me.

Their height and the fact that one of them plays for a playoff team. Plus Lillard has made a few game winners.

Their height and the fact that one of them plays for a playoff team. Plus Lillard has made a few game winners.

Does height matter when you produce the same?

I understand there are a lot of different opinions on here but it seems weird the range in which these two have been seperated. People have suggested that Lillard is worth a top 3 pick and yet the Kings could let Isaiah walk.

Almost OT but there's a vid on Draftexpress of Jonathan Givony getting an interview with Rob at the draft and they clearly know each other (probably since Givony does a lot of International scouting and Rob was head of international scouting for the Thunder) and then I remembered that last year, out of the blue Givony had us drafting Osby in the 2nd round (even though he'd never even added a scouting report on him or given him a draft page) and cited a "tip off" that that's who we'd draft. Probably nothing since I'm sure Givony knows a lot of our scouts as well but still something that intrigued me.

From Draft guru Chad Ford…

4Dante ExumOrlando Magic (23 - 59)COLLEGE: AustraliaHT: 6-6WT: 196POS: PG

The Magic want a point guard and I think Exum would be a good long-term fit next to Victor Oladipo. Neither is a pure point guard and neither is a great shooter, but they offer length and the ability to get to the basket. Both still have a lot of room to improve. Marcus Smart is also a possibility here, though it might be a bit high.

12Dario SaricOrlando Magic (23 - 59)COLLEGE: CroatiaHT: 6-10WT: 223POS: PF

This is Orlando's second lottery pick, so they can afford to gamble a little bit here. Saric's situation remains cloudy. Will he be coming to the NBA next season or is he staying in Europe for a few more years? If he can assure teams he is coming to the NBA next season, he could go this high or higher. He is an amazing talent and with so many athletes on the roster already, getting someone as skilled as Saric to help facilitate things would be a terrific fit in Orlando.

A backcourt with athleticism but that can't shoot….Great !

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft/mock/?season=2014&version=6&sourceId=1

Look past the stats. Isaiah is one of those players who can put up good numbers on lottery teams for his career.