LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Thanks captain obvious. :)/>/>

Penny's best years were 15-20 years ago - you and I have been around that long, but not everyone has. Thank you, major smarta-- :P

How much would you guys say Parsons is worth, and how much would it cost to get him away from Houston? I don't think he'd leave what's being built over there, but for the right money, and his hometown team....it's possible he considers it and we could steal him away.

The Spurs are built on great passing, shooting, and high IQ plays by all players on the court. With a good draft (Exum,Stauskas), and key FA acquisition (Parsons), I think we'd be on our way down the right path to our goal.

Exum/Jameer/Price

Oladipo/Stauskas/Lamb

Parsons/Harkless

KOQ/Harris*/Nicholson

Vucevic/Dedmon/Maxielle or vet big man?

*Harris, no doubt, is more talented than Kyle, but I like KOQ in the lineup to add more balance to the starting 5. Harris, will be our Manu off the bench and still get those 30 mins.*

My roommate played 10 years overseas (he's 31 now) in various places (Germany, Austria, Portugal, S. Korea and Uruguay). While he didn't play in Australia, he keeps up with the league.

Anywho, he said that Exum is the real deal and he'll be a great grab for whomever BUT, he says that the Australian league is more physical than what we're used to watching (he said basically the refs ref it like 80s-90s NBA), so he sees Exum being in a lot of foul trouble his first couple years in the NBA. A lot of his development will depend on how he deals with that.

LOL, your roommate keeps up with the league and doesn't know Exum played 19 and under FIBA this year?

OK.

:svgsad:

How much would you guys say Parsons is worth, and how much would it cost to get him away from Houston? I don't think he'd leave what's being built over there, but for the right money, and his hometown team....it's possible he considers it and we could steal him away.

The Spurs are built on great passing, shooting, and high IQ plays by all players on the court. With a good draft (Exum,Stauskas), and key FA acquisition (Parsons), I think we'd be on our way down the right path to our goal.

Exum/Jameer/Price

Oladipo/Stauskas/Lamb

Parsons/Harkless

KOQ/Harris*/Nicholson

Vucevic/Dedmon/Maxielle or vet big man?

*Harris, no doubt, is more talented than Kyle, but I like KOQ in the lineup to add more balance to the starting 5. Harris, will be our Manu off the bench and still get those 30 mins.*

I think that since he is currently showing as restricted, I think it will take too much to keep Houston from matching. I think Morey will let any offer for Parsons sit on the table for the full week(?), thereby tying up the cap space of whoever makes the offer, and then match at the last minute. That gives him a week to pursue other free agents/options with one less competitor.

I am also a little surprised that you have Lamb, Nicholson, and Maxiel on your list, but not Afflalo? Do you really think Lamb and Nicholson have done enough to warrant keeping them?

Exum considered attending college in the U.S., and he took his lone college visit to Indiana University, where he met Hoosiers star Victor Oladipo.

Oladipo, who just completed his rookie season with the Magic, and Exum developed a rapport — one strong enough that Exum has said he’s interested in playing for Orlando.

via Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel

@adamosgp: Dante Exum's 3/4 court sprint: 3.19. Markel Brown only guy faster at 3.18 so far. Victor Oladipo last year? 3.25 #NBADraftCombine #Magic

I think our target is Exum. However, if we somehow end up with Embiid, might it make sense to try and trade Vooch for Ibaka? OKC needs a true center, while we could use Ibaka as a true PF next to Embiid. Just a thought.

I think our target is Exum. However, if we somehow end up with Embiid, might it make sense to try and trade Vooch for Ibaka? OKC needs a true center, while we could use Ibaka as a true PF next to Embiid. Just a thought.

They'd never do it

Pffffft

@JoshuaBRobbins: Dante Exum said his interview with the OrlMagic last night went well & the team would like to bring him to CF for a visit

@DraftExpress: Dante Exum's standing (31.5 inches) and max vertical (34.5) are just middle of the pack. Standing vert is the same as MCW, max much lower.