LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

@JoshuaBRobbins: PG Tyler Ennis has been working out in Long Island. He worked out recently w/Magic forward Tobias Harris, a Long Island native.

If T-12 had pull with Henny that would be a nice way to evaluate Ennis and get a feel for his skills

If T-12 had pull with Henny that would be a nice way to evaluate Ennis and get a feel for his skills

From what we've heard of T-12's work ethic, just the fact that Ennis is trying to work out with Tobias is a positive.

@ESPNNBA: "I know I'm gonna get killed for comparing him to Michael Jordan, but he's got an it factor you're intrigued with." @franfraschilla on Exum.

Man, im in love with adding Exum to this roster. Can't wait to hear about his private work out with us.

Exum and Stauskas are my 2 leading picks. Vonleh & LaVine also intrigue me.

@ESPNNBA: "I know I'm gonna get killed for comparing him to Michael Jordan, but he's got an it factor you're intrigued with." @franfraschilla on Exum.

I like Exum, but this hype is nuts. Why even say something like that?

List of players Magic have or will interview according to reports I've seen:

Smart

Exum

Payton

Vonleh

Randle

Apparently Stauskas was in high demand so the Magic weren't able to schedule one with him. Pretty sure Stauskas will be a hot commodity on draft night, he brings everything a playoff team wants in a guard off the bench, great jumpshog, can score and pass out of the pick and roll and unselfish.

Man, im in love with adding Exum to this roster. Can't wait to hear about his private work out with us.

Exum and Stauskas are my 2 leading picks. Vonleh & LaVine also intrigue me.

Man I feel the same way. although if we draft both exum and stauskas, we'd all the sudden have a logjam of guards, we'd definetly have to trade AA .

but im more worried that our picks might be out of reach for both.

@JoshuaBRobbins: PG Tyler Ennis has been working out in Long Island. He worked out recently w/Magic forward Tobias Harris, a Long Island native.

MCW worked out with Tobias before last year's draft too.

The problem is that Stauskas isn't better nor will he be better than Gary Harris or James Young; I don't see those three getting off the board before 12. Maybe two, not 3. 12 is going to be very valuable this year, as McDermott is in the same mold and should be around as well, although at the SF spot technically. As long as we have AA and Oladipo I don't see SG being a spot that we attack at all. PG, SF and PF yes-SG, C no. The obvious exception is if we can get Embiid.

Any comparison greater than Penny is vastly overreaching for Exum and is most likely smoke screening for the advancement of the player or projected teams in play.

Man I feel the same way. although if we draft both exum and stauskas, we'd all the sudden have a logjam of guards, we'd definetly have to trade AA .

Jameer likely won't be back. Moore is a FA. Lamb sucks. We'd have a 4-guard rotation and Afflalo would be dealt at the deadline because of his pending opt-out option next summer.

I don't get all the sudden love for Nik Stauskas, everything I've seen and read reminds me of JJ Redick when he came out. Great shooter, good off pick and rolls, good off screens, but lacks foot speed/lateral quickness to be a good defender. Stauskas is about an inch taller than JJ, and will need to put in the same kind of effort to be even an average defender. I am a big fan of Redick, but it took JJ several years to stop being a defensive liability, and to adjust to the speed of the NBA on the offensive end, what makes you think this kid can do it any faster?

The problem is that Stauskas isn't better nor will he be better than Gary Harris or James Young; I don't see those three getting off the board before 12. Maybe two, not 3. 12 is going to be very valuable this year, as McDermott is in the same mold and should be around as well, although at the SF spot technically. As long as we have AA and Oladipo I don't see SG being a spot that we attack at all. PG, SF and PF yes-SG, C no. The obvious exception is if we can get Embiid.

Any comparison greater than Penny is vastly overreaching for Exum and is most likely smoke screening for the advancement of the player or projected teams in play.

I would absolutely take Penny Hardaway 2.0 any day of the week. Remember Hardaway was all-NBA several years running.