LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

Nobody's perfect

I know, even without the turnovers Jabari is far from perfect. But the turnovers did happen and people who may not look up the box score and just read this thread should be aware that he wasn't perfect despite being (obviously) very impressive.

very interesting what one GM said reportedly said to chad ford

"I know everyone is so excited to see Jabari and those guys dominate," one GM told ESPN. "I know the old guard is going to play it safe. But maybe I'm young and foolish, but I think Exum ends up being the guy everyone wishes they took in a few years. All of them are going to be great, but when you watch Exum, you see the ability to be a generational talent. My owner might kill me, but I think you take Exum, regardless of what the other guys do this year. Exum's already proved it to me."

we haven't had a lot of Exum talk here. We def need more info about him.

I'd take a star Forward/Center over a superstar PG any day of the week.

I'd rather have Roy Hibbert on my team than Derrick Rose. Call me crazy

I'd take a star Forward/Center over a superstar PG any day of the week.

I'd rather have Roy Hibbert on my team than Derrick Rose. Call me crazy

I'll just take any superstar that's on offer. Assuming that GM knows what he's on about it's high praise to say you think people will regret taking Jabari or Randle (and even Wiggins since I assume 'and those guys' includes him) over Exum.

EDIT: Just thought, that GM specifically said "maybe I'm young and foolish" that at least narrows down who it was a little. I love Exum so I kind of hope it's Henny haha

Another NBA GM on Randle (I hope it's a different one lol):

"I think he's the surest thing in the draft," one GM said. "There's nothing he can't do and there just aren't that many bigs in the NBA with that set of skills. He's going to be a 10-time All-Star and will make a major impact on your team in Year 1. Wiggins might have a little more upside and [Parker] is so attractive as well, but if you take someone else, you're really risking your job."

Seriously?

"I think he (Wiggins) can be a player that plays a lot like Paul George does," one veteran NBA executive told ESPN.com. "He's so smooth that at times it almost looks like he's coasting. But when you watch closer, you just see the game comes so easy to him. With his length and explosiveness, he's going to be able to do whatever he wants once he gets it. And from everything we can gather in looking into his background, he's going to get it. I'm not sure how we could pass on him if we had the No. 1 pick. The other guys might be more ready right now, but in three years, I think he's the best player in this class."

That's 3 NBA execs with 3 different Number 1 overall picks according to Chad Ford. Be interesting to see if one guy stands out from the pack as the season goes on or whether this continues all year.

I love exum. He's my #2 right now. I don't know about generational talent, but he's a 6'6 point guard who scores in a multitude of ways, can run the pick and roll, and can drive and kick. He might be the evolutionary penny hardaway.

• Upvote 1

Not a fan of Exum. And I am Australian! I just think there is too much hype on him. For me he lacks killer instinct and I think a lot of weaknesses will be shown once he gets in the NBA. I think he may flop. Not being able to play in College this year is a good thing for his draft rank, but I do not think so for his development.