LaVar

2014 Draft Thread

You could take the worst 5 guys in the NBA and they would beat a college team by at least 20 points. The level of basketball is not even close. The argument is tired and ridiculous.

I disagree with this but agree with your overall sentiment.

I disagree with this but agree with your overall sentiment.

I agree to disagree too! The 5 worst players in the NBA should not even be in the NBA. On the other hand I've played ball with some guys that never even went to college (grades, money, etc) that shoot lights out, have handles, and play great D that are as good or better than the guys in the NBA that warm the bench.

On the other hand I've played ball with some guys that never even went to college (grades, money, etc) that shoot lights out, have handles, and play great D that are as good or better than the guys in the NBA that warm the bench.

What makes you qualified to say this? I've seen plenty of dudes fitting this description at my local Y.

I agree to disagree too! The 5 worst players in the NBA should not even be in the NBA. On the other hand I've played ball with some guys that never even went to college (grades, money, etc) that shoot lights out, have handles, and play great D that are as good or better than the guys in the NBA that warm the bench.

Oh boy

James Augustine was all-Conference. So was Pat Garrity. And lets not forget the legend of Adam Morrison.

The notion that any college team could beat any pro team is baffling; the best college team ever might have 6 guys on it who might eventually be NBA level players.

The worst NBA team will have at least 10.

You could take the worst 5 guys in the NBA and they would beat a college team by at least 20 points. The level of basketball is not even close. The argument is tired and ridiculous.

I disagree overall, but if one of those NBA players is Chris Duhon, that college team has more than a fighting chance. :partypepsi:

• Upvote 1

What makes you qualified to say this? I've seen plenty of dudes fitting this description at my local Y.

That's exactly what I'm saying. There are many many ballers out there that never went to college but have some serious game and could probably hang with the NBA's worst. We had a guy in our Y league that played a little for the Bulls and Spurs and he was far from the best in the Y league.

People still argue about the pros vs. college stuff? Most of the upper echelon players in college basketball either never make it to the NBA, or they can't survive very long once they do. And those are the best players in college (there aren't many). Most college teams have rosters full of guys that don't play much ball after they graduate.

The worst NBA team still has at least 10 professional players on it (let's say the 11th and 12th man shouldn't be there), that still leaves two times the amount of pro players that even the best college team will have. The NBA team wouldn't even have to try very hard to win rather easily.

I remember when people were saying Alabama could give Jacksonville a run for their money. The thing is, they'd have to call the game off early, otherwise, they'd be putting the health of the college players at risk.

Why don't we ever ask this question about women's basketball?

Do you mean the question of whether or not women could play in the NBA? We have and the answer is absolutely not.

Do you mean the question of whether or not women could play in the NBA? We have and the answer is absolutely not.

No, I meant can a women's college team beat a WNBA team. I feel like the talent level is much more even.