Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

*Gulp* Adonal Foyle released. Should we...get...him?

quote:
Originally posted by Rafael17222:

I can't see myself getting excited over someone who averaged 10 minutes, 2.2 points, 2.6 rebounds and 1.04 blocks per game.

Is it me?

You have to remember why he only averaged 10 mins. He doesn't fit into Nelson's style at all. He is not a running center, so he didn't get any mins. For the vet min, he is more than a capable backup center.

quote:

I can't see myself getting excited over someone who averaged 10 minutes, 2.2 points, 2.6 rebounds and 1.04 blocks per game.

Is it me?

If you don't get excited about players with those kinds of stats, then you're not a real magic fan.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:

Is it me?

You have to remember why he only averaged 10 mins. He doesn't fit into Nelson's style at all. He is not a running center, so he didn't get any mins. For the vet min, he is more than a capable backup center.

Isn't it our goal to run a fast tempo offense next year?

I guess beggers can't be choosey. But isn't it a shame that this time last year we were the envy of the NBA with 2 promising big men and now we have to settle for scraps.

I think at that price tag, Foyle is worth a shot. He doesn't fit into our fast tempo approach that we want to instill, but Gortat does so the two of them can potentially be used to counter the differing styles of our opponents.

Most of all, we would get some defensive help because it looks like we will need it with a names we are considering starting.

Talk about golden parachutes....Isn't it great how guys like Foyle, Webber, and Francis are getting paid to not be on their teams anymore.

As for Foyle for the vet minimum sure why not. His defense and shot blocking could go a long way if the team needs to slow the game down. He also has a great name and would be a pillar in the community.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Is it me?

I guess beggers can't be choosey. But isn't it a shame that this time last year we were the envy of the NBA with 2 promising big men and now we have to settle for scraps.

That is one of their goals, but they also want to be able to play different styles and be able to have different looks. Like Black and Blue just said Gortat can play up tempo and Foyle can play slow. It works out for us.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Think about it. It could be like.

The Orlando Magic looks to Foyle the Heats plans on making the playoffs.

And have you met his brother, Aluminum?

quote:

quote:

quote:

Is it me?

We want to be fast, but not Golden State fast...

quote:

That is one of their goals, but they also want to be able to play different styles and be able to have different looks. Like Black and Blue just said Gortat can play up tempo and Foyle can play slow. It works out for us.

Also if Howard should need to miss some games and Gortat has not fully developed, we will need to have an experienced BIG man to substitute.

Also when you have big leads and you want to go on defense and give Howard some rest or when Howard has picked up 2 quick fouls.

Also back to back games, you want to limit minutes for your starters.

Also Battie will be missing some games, he generally does.

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

Where the hell is our friend Magic Confidential???

I've been wondering the same thing. Did Catman meet him in a dark alley one night and snuff him out?