Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

*Gulp* Adonal Foyle released. Should we...get...him?

OK, last few weeks there's been a lot of talk about Otis waiting to see which "washed up" big man would "fall" into our laps, or something like that. Our less than inspired salary cap maneuvering has left us in that position.

So my question is: Is Foyle better than people were expecting, or does he fit into the "washed up big man" category? I personally don't know much about him.

Height: 6'10"

Weight: 270

Some Career stats (all with Golden Stage)

Minutes per game: 19.1

Rebounds per game: 5.0

Blocks per game: 1.7 (most impressive stat)

Points per game: 4.4

quote:
Originally posted by JJZ:

OK, last few weeks there's been a lot of talk about Otis waiting to see which "washed up" big man would "fall" into our laps, or something like that. Our less than inspired salary cap maneuvering has left us in that position.

So my question is: Is Foyle better than people were expecting, or does he fit into the "washed up big man" category? I personally don't know much about him.

I don't think Otis is looking for a long term solution via trade or FA, but instead a vet who can provide depth until we can see if Gortat, Augie or Fran (next year hopefully) can step up as a long term solution.

At 32 Foyle can still come off the bench as a defensive prescence when needed. He is a cheap and easily attainable fix to our big man depth problem without using our trade assets.

Or this could be a message Otis is sending Denver to stop stalling and come to terms on the Evans deal.

He can't be washed up,cause he was never a bigtime player,but he would be a good pickup for us on the defense end,but lacks the scoring.

quote:

Well my fellow Daytona Beach friend, you can't really be washed up if you were a never was. He is a overpaid big man who has NO offense whatsoever. BUT, he is a big man who can swat a few shots and eat up the lane with his size.

For cheap? He's a good pickup.

For more than what he's worth? Absolutely not a good pickup.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:

I don't think Otis is looking for a long term solution via trade or FA, but instead a vet who can provide depth until we can see if Gortat, Augie or Fran (next year hopefully) can step up as a long term solution.

At 32 Foyle can still come off the bench as a defensive prescence when needed. He is a cheap and easily attainable fix to our big man depth problem without using our trade assets.

Or this could be a message Otis is sending Denver to stop stalling and come to terms on the Evans deal.

Two points I want to make:

1.) I don't see why you can't have both Foyle and Evans if that's what Otis wanted. We still have 2 roster spots available. If we trade Garrity your just replacing him with Evans. Then you'd still have two roster spots left. One of them goes to Foyle.

2.) I know Otis conducts his business in private, but I find it almost "comical" that Magic beat writer's have to get their Magic news from NBA executives of other teams.

Im not sure there's a lot of love right now between the two parties.(lol)

And of course, it doesn't bode well for us guys on these boards cause that basically leaves us with nothing to talk about except threads for the imagination or opinion. Nothing with facts behind it.

quote:
2.) I know Otis conducts his business in private, but I find it almost "comical" that Magic beat writer's have to get their Magic news from NBA executives of other teams.

Where the hell is our friend Magic Confidential???