bhnole

Official 2013 NBA playoffs Thread

A whole lot of great basketball analysis...

I'll agree but then add Pop to the list of "Who's to Blame" as well. First, leaving Manu out there when he is CLEARLY sucking it up, then compounding it by taking Duncan out not once but twice. I don't care about "But Ed, Miami needed a 3 and they had all their shooters out!" Go back to that Indiana series again. They took Hibbert out, because Miami needed a 3, and it cost them. Tonight it cost SA twice. Two times the Heat shot a 3, two times they missed. Two times they managed to get the rebound because the Spurs' best rebounder was parked on the bench (I had the game muted for a second and I thought he had fouled out and I missed it, I was so confused), and two times Miami turned that offensive rebound into a made 3 pointer.

Put your best 5 players on the court in crunch time. Those are most likely the 5 that got you to that point to begin with. We never, that I can remember, took out Howard, even if the other team was down 3 with 1 second to go in the 4th.

And for once, I don't feel like the refs had an impact. There were plenty of calls and non-calls for both teams. The Spurs (65% Ginobili and 35% Pop) literally gave this game to Miami. They won't win game 7. They just blew their shot at the hardware.

Manu will bounce back and have a solid game 7.

Unless he's getting a comfy retirement bonus to throw it.

I also noticed that Lebron isn't even going with his signature forearm clear out anymore, now he's just trying to break ribs on every drive (and getting away with it of course).

He still clears out.. to then complain about others. He also throws elbows (see Danny Green's great defensive).

I didn't complain about the entire game's officiating. I think calls came and went and I honestly don't pity the Heat because of all the calls they get through the year. What I say is those were clearly fouls and it's just sad that the NBA refs have this habit of calling whatever they feel just because it's the final minute.

The Heat did not play good defense. They fouled. They should've been punished for that because that is basketball. Instead they are rewarded, and that can only give teams confidence that they can foul the last minute because they won't get called unless it is an intentional foul or.. well.. the referee's arbitrary will. It hurts the game.

I do think SA shouldn't have put themselves in that position. Every time you can win against MIA in the 4th and don't you risk a Lebron/Wade huge overtime period or a close game where the officials favor the biggest stars. Sadly Manu disappeared again and it was an overall Murphy's law for the Spurs.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

I understand being bitter about the Heat winning, I don't think a lot of us like them very much. Hinting that the refs favored Miami last night is ridiculous, though.

The Spurs got A LOT of 50/50 calls throughout the entire game, many of which were pretty clearly bad calls. If we're going to complain about the Manu drive at the end, let's at least mention the massive travel he got away with on the play and the fact that there truly wasn't that much contact. As far as Bosh's block, he got some of Green's body, but you're simply not getting a whistle in that scenario, especially when the block is totally clean on the ball.

I really didn't expect to see officiating used as an excuse from last night... seemed pretty clear to me which team got the benefit of most whistles.

OMG you're so right.

The Heat hate is astonishing. You can hate them but being biased shouldn't be right.

Manu clearly took 3 steps and he didn't get fouled lol. If he got fouled than Danny Green also fouled LeBron

I said this like 3 or 4 times yesterday: The Spurs can't complain about the refs tonight. Whoever watched the game should agree

---

Anyways, that LeBron triple double was one of the most padded things I've seen and the proof that stats don't lie, but sometimes they don't tell the whole story.

Also, I think the Heat win game 7 but the way this series has been going... you never know.

What if manu goes 2-2 from the line... then we are all cheering and get some before bed time. Instead our wives are pissed because we are screaming at the tv which= worst night ever, wakes up the little guy and the heat win.

Could it have gotten worse??

• Upvote 1

The only reason the Manu contact should have been called was the fact that Allen had his arm over Manu's. I know they let a lot of things go toward the end of big games, but if you can't bring your arms up to shoot because the defender is pulling them down, it might be a foul.

Not blaming the refs, just simply pointing out why I think that call should have been made.

Here's hoping the Heat keep up their lose one, win one pattern, and that Ginobli comes back with a HUGE game in game 7.

The only reason the Manu contact should have been called was the fact that Allen had his arm over Manu's. I know they let a lot of things go toward the end of big games, but if you can't bring your arms up to shoot because the defender is pulling them down, it might be a foul.

Not blaming the refs, just simply pointing out why I think that call should have been made.

That would have been a foul even in the Jordan days. I mean, they were letting the Heat play at the end there, but it was a parade to the free throw line for the Heat at the end. Otherwise, pretty well-called game.

And can they please fire (clearly a Heat fan) JVG? Out of a cannon? Into the sun?

I don't even know what to say to the people claiming it wasn't a foul.

Also blocking a shot by engaging in full contact with the shooter is much easier than a clean block.

Btw, I understand the point about Jeff.. but at least he acknowledge the fouls.

Some people doesn´t realize that when Miami plays hard defense sometimes, is almost impossible to score for the other team.

Manu is the only one in the Spurs that can take the ball and distribute. Parker can´t distribute the ball has Manu can.

Manu did awful mistakes on offense making bad passes, but you have give credit to the Miami defense.

Manu needs to show up, if he can, the Spurs can win in game 7. Also Parker needs to show up for Spurs.

I don't even know what to say to the people claiming it wasn't a foul.

Also blocking a shot by engaging in full contact with the shooter is much easier than a clean block.

Btw, I understand the point about Jeff.. but at least he acknowledge the fouls.

I totally agree. Was a obvious foul, noone can deny it.