bhnole

Official 2013 NBA playoffs Thread

Are Heat fans crying yet.

What I'm seeing out there is the Miami Cavaliers. Nothing but LeBron shooting is not going to get it done in a championship series. We all know the result of that.

You cannot doubt the brilliance of Greg Popovich..

Wow, they got SMASHED

You aren't kidding! Thought I was watching the ORL/SAC game when we hit all those 3s. Except this was in the Finals, against the supposed best team in the league. Spurs were mad about Sunday, and exacted their revenge.

Best thing they can do now is forget it ever happened and get ready for the next game, pretend it's 0-0...

I can't take credit for it. I found it online and found it too good not to share.

I didnt think you created... just good work in finding it and sharing... just as you eluded to.

You know watching the series so far, I will have to say that most people should not be shocked by last nights 3pt murdering. The Spurs have always had a good touch from the 3pt line where Robert Horry made his fame from. For the most part thats part of what they look for to keep the paint clean for Timmy and Tony.

If the Spurs were not so rusty in game one making only 7 or 23 3pt shots, game 1 would of been blown a bit more open than what it was in the 4th. The Spurs worst shooting 3pt game was a 3-13 in game 4 against Memphis... and they still beat them by 7. In one game in that series the Spurs attempted 29 3's... then the next game 25.

The 3pt has been very great to the Spurs, they do not have "Magic" moments (.9% from 3pt in playoffs).

However, its not the 3 that set's this team up. Its Tim Duncan and his inside presence that set's their 3pt shot up. The Spurs willingness to keep going in the paint to either a Post up Tim, or via pick and roll is what sets them apart from everyone else. And the fact that the Spurs play within the game, they dont buy into the whole "getting into your head" games... making them do something that they dont... like have a Chicago Melt Down smile_gortatmad.png.

These are all bad things for Miami, who hasnt played against a team who will use their inside man to the full extent. And when Miami try's to temp the Spurs into a shoving match, it doesnt work and only shows up Miami on the national stage.

The Spurs against the Heat is like a Dynasty verse an MTV Music Video.

The Heat have alot of great players, who at one time or another were the focal point of a team. But now they are all on the same team, so they don not get those same touches (hence Ray shooting at a wall during the game). When you do one thing well for so long, and then you have to leave or not do as much of it... well then your mastering of that one thing slips... the shot that use to be Money is now only 75 cents...smile_sos.gif

Wade needs to Step up, Bosh need to play harder, Lebron needs to be more aggressive, the role players need to provide some spark.... How can one team do all these things with 1 ball?smile_panicworker.gif

Has anyone noticed the crazy lineup changes that have taken place so far in this series. First we had Shane, then Ray, now Mike. You split the load of Chalmers and Cole, then throw that out the window.

And look at their play... How sloppy can the Heat become in the finals? Wade faking for a foul, jumps, gets caught with no where to go and drops the ball... only to touch again for another turn over.

There is nothing the Heat can do at this point, they are who we thought they were... a flash in the pan.:unsure:

I'm not ready to count the Heat out yet, but I do think that this is their last chance at a title.

The Spurs will be this good at least one more season.

The Thunder will be back and better with Westbrook healthy.

The Bulls will have Rose back and will go head-to-head with the Pacers for the Central crown and a top-2 seed.

The Grizzlies are in the midddle of their window and who knows, the Warriors may be about to entire theirs.

Meanwhile, only LeBron will be better (or the same) next year for the Heat. The rest of their roster is clearly on the decline.

• Upvote 2

I'm not ready to count the Heat out yet, but I do think that this is their last chance at a title.

The Spurs will be this good at least one more season.

The Thunder will be back and better with Westbrook healthy.

The Bulls will have Rose back and will go head-to-head with the Pacers for the Central crown and a top-2 seed.

The Grizzlies are in the midddle of their window and who knows, the Warriors may be about to entire theirs.

Meanwhile, only LeBron will be better (or the same) next year for the Heat. The rest of their roster is clearly on the decline.

So, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5...

I love it!

Heat have to win now and Lebron is famous for choking in "Must Win" games.

Their 2nd game at home was a must win, same for game 6 in Boston last year.

LeBron may be a douche or whatever, but I can't really **** on his basketball skills