bhnole

Official 2013 NBA playoffs Thread

The Clippers need help. They're on the verge of being eliminated by the Grizzlies again because their half court offense is "Chris Paul go make something happen". They need a new coach and they need CP3 on board with the decision otherwise he'll be playing his basketball elsewhere next year.

Be difficult to see which team he could join that are in a better position to compete. I guess there are teams like the Mavericks or Hawks that are in need of a player like him, but him joining alone would not make either team any more of a legitimate contender than the Clippers are right now.

Personally I think the Clippers will keep hold of him. All they need to do is find another dominant player to go alongside him and Blake Griffin and they might be in a better position. Not sure about their cap space and who they could get this off season, but if they could manage to persuade a guy like JJ Hickson ©, Josh Smith (SF), Al Jefferson (PF/C), or Monta Ellis (SG); then they could improve their scoring prowess and defense with the right addition.

Like you say, the Clippers need help for CP3 and Griffin if they are to lift their first NBA title.

Be difficult to see which team he could join that are in a better position to compete. I guess there are teams like the Mavericks or Hawks that are in need of a player like him, but him joining alone would not make either team any more of a legitimate contender than the Clippers are right now.

Personally I think the Clippers will keep hold of him. All they need to do is find another dominant player to go alongside him and Blake Griffin and they might be in a better position. Not sure about their cap space and who they could get this off season, but if they could manage to persuade a guy like JJ Hickson ©, Josh Smith (SF), Al Jefferson (PF/C), or Monta Ellis (SG); then they could improve their scoring prowess and defense with the right addition.

Like you say, the Clippers need help for CP3 and Griffin if they are to lift their first NBA title.

Never thought of this until now, but I wonder how Paul would look in a Rockets uni.

Never thought of this until now, but I wonder how Paul would look in a Rockets uni.

It's intriuging to think about but the Rockets owe Jeremy Lin more than a back-up is worth so not sure how that'll work.

I hadn't thought of that either. If they went in for Paul instead of Howard, then a guard combination of CP3 and Harden would be arguably one of the best in the league. Certainly an improvement on Lin and Harden.

the clippers have 28m tied up in Griffin and Jordan. Besides Bledsoe, the rest of the team is a bunch of vets.

meanwhile, the hawks, mavs, and rockets have a ton of cap space/young players to grow with.

It doesn't look so clear cut to me.

Thunder up by 1 with 11 seconds left... If they win this game it will have been the great escape. Looked down and out most of the 2nd half.

I don't think the thunder can outlast the grizzlies. Too much power inside, and not enough scoring for OKC. Kevin Martin had a great game but I don't think he can do that for 3 more games.

Close game, could easily have been a Grizzlies win if not for a mistake or two. Going to be a tough series for the Thunder, I can see it going to a decider.

One thing's for sure, for the Thunder to win this series they need better shooting nights out of Serge Ibaka. Kevin Durant needs help with the scoring, he shouldn't be expected to score 35+ points just to give the team a chance of winning.