Sign in to follow this  
FENDI

Official Trade Proposals Thread

I am having Marion hunger pains again. Here's a nasty thought:

Marion

for

Arroyo, Garrity, Turk and a #1

Why would they do it? To clear major cap space, to move Diaw back to the 4, to get a solid 3 in Turk, and to get a good back-up pg in Los. Why would we do it? To get one of the most unbelievable teams in the NBA. Can you imagine this line-up:

PG: Jameer

SG: JJ or Trevor

SF: Rashard

PF: Shawn

C: Dwight

Oh, that sounds so good.

Dude I just thought about that too. We would be the new phoenix suns in the east, instantly.

However, the only snag is Marion's HUGE salary due this season and next. Those guys you mentioned in the trade would not equal out Marion's salary, so we would probably be skinny dipping into luxury tax and we all know RDV doesn't want that.

But the thought of marion on our team does give me extreme chills.

quote:
Originally posted by Nick Anderson 4 President:

Dude I just thought about that too. We would be the new phoenix suns in the east, instantly.

However, the only snag is Marion's HUGE salary due this season and next. Those guys you mentioned in the trade would not equal out Marion's salary, so we would probably be skinny dipping into luxury tax and we all know RDV doesn't want that.

But the thought of marion on our team does give me extreme chills.

The trade works according to salaries, but I do think it would push us into cap trouble next year when the extensions kick in.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I am having Marion hunger pains again. Here's a nasty thought:

Marion

for

Arroyo, Garrity, Turk and a #1

Why would they do it? To clear major cap space, to move Diaw back to the 4, to get a solid 3 in Turk, and to get a good back-up pg in Los. Why would we do it? To get one of the most unbelievable teams in the NBA. Can you imagine this line-up:

PG: Jameer

SG: JJ or Trevor

SF: Rashard

PF: Shawn

C: Dwight

Oh, that sounds so good.

I like this A LOT, but I think to get Shawn, we're gonna have to take on Banks too.

I didn't know this, but apparently the Magic were after him when we were trying to trade McGrady away:

"It may go nowhere and it hasn't for weeks after being initiated last month but it did occur. The Suns' flagship station, KTAR-AM, was the first to mention it today. Lots of things get thrown out for the sake of consideration in summer front offices. It just seems that, in Phoenix, they frequently involve Shawn Marion. It goes back to at least when he was a part of an offer to Orlando for Tracy McGrady that the Magic rejected (they wanted Joe Johnson too, not Casey Jacobsen) and has been an annual staple through this summer, when he came up in Kevin Garnett trade talks until his agent (according to sources elsewhere in the league) said Marion would not go to Boston without an extension."

Can't get this link because the window didn't open right, but it's an article on hoophype

Is this what the league is all about now? We have 6'7 215 lbs power fowards now? I really like Shawn Marion but at the pf, i just dont know. Thats just too undersized for that position.

H e ll the whole damm Suns team are undersized in every position except pg. So everybody is using the run-and-gun offense now? Could that be the reason the Suns put up so many points mostly 3s and fastbreak points but dont have a good defense except about 2-3 players. Is this really the type of offense we want here in Orlando? Hey if it works im all for that then. Its like every team is playing 5 on 5 pick up ball now. We know the Suns have mastered this style of offense but what is the reason why they cant seem to make it to the Finals. We definitely have better defensive players then they do so maybe i guess it might work.

"Hey if i cant convince yall in the way i think we should play, i might is well join yall". "Whatever works I just wanna win".

Unless you are a run and gun team, Marion can not play the 4. I like Jameer Nelson, but let's face the facts, he is no Steve Nash. Also, Marion is not getting any younger, so I think Arroyo, Garrity, Turkoglu, and a #1 is way too much for a guy with maybe 5 years left. Would I give that for Amare Stoudamire? Now you are talking, but I doubt Phoenix would go there.

quote:
Originally posted by jmmagicfan:

Unless you are a run and gun team, Marion can not play the 4. I like Jameer Nelson, but let's face the facts, he is no Steve Nash. Also, Marion is not getting any younger, so I think Arroyo, Garrity, Turkoglu, and a #1 is way too much for a guy with maybe 5 years left. Would I give that for Amare Stoudamire? Now you are talking, but I doubt Phoenix would go there.

Marion excelled way before Nash went to Phoenix. Plus, when everything is added up in his game, he is rated as one of the best players in the league. He's only 29 yrs old. Realgm.com has him statistically rated as the 15th best player in the league. Too much??? Hedo is rated #123 and Arroyo is #224. What gives?

Marion excelled before Steve Nash because he is a good player. I never said he wasn't. What I said was, he can't play the PF position unless you are a run & gun team. While I look for SVG to make us more of an up-tempo team, to be as crazy up-tempo as Phoenix, you need a Steve Nash. I will admit, I was thinking that Marion was 31+, so I would be more inclined to consider it if he has 6-7 good years left; but I think it creates more problems than it solves. You are basically bringing in another SF, where you already have Lewis and Ariza. If you are trading Turk, why not fill another hole. Unless you think that Marion can play the SG??

Nelson/Dooling

Marion/Reddick/Bogans

Lewis/Ariza

Gortat/Battie/Augustine

Howard/Foyle

That could work. I just hate to give up two guys who were in your rotation, and a pick; especially if you are gonna play the guy out of his normal position.