Sign in to follow this  
otis_smith

Would you mortgage our future for Kobe?

I think this would be great for both teams if we get this trade to happen. We can give 5 players and I don't really care how many draft picks. They won't ever compare to Kobe in there whole careers. The Lakers have next summer to get a top free agent like Gilbert Arenas, so why not take that risk?

Orlando with Kobe will be the sickest team in the East and the West. I think we would be a better team than the Boston Celtics. This would be a Dream come true for Magic fans. This without a doubt in my mind would be a dynasty if it happens.

Please Otis make this happen, but don't lose Howard and Lewis in the process.

quote:
his would be great for both teams if we get this trade to happen. We can give 5 players and I don't really care how many draft picks. They won't ever compare to Kobe in there whole careers. The Lakers have next summer to get a top free agent like Gilbert Arenas, so why not take that risk?

Why keep three tropical depressions when you can trade them for a for a Category 5 hurricane times two

I know Otis ain't gonna do nothing but there's a lot of Kobe questions in Ric Bucher's ESPN Insider chat going on right now. Check this:

quote:

Chris, LA: KG was an obvious move for Ainge and a good one, do you see the Kobe Lakers doing a GOOD move like AK, or any other not including Odom (BWallace)? Thanks

Ric Bucher: (3:06 PM ET ) I don't see how the Kobe-will-never-play-in-a-Lakers-uniform-again premise is looking shaky. He's simply decided to let the Lakers make his case for him, concentrate on Team USA and stay out of the news. I plan to write a column later today on why the Lakers' inability to make a move and the bittersweet experience of playing with JKidd in Vegas leaves us exactly where we were last time Kobe spoke.

quote:

sukhreet: bakersfeild,CA: Ric, do you think kobe will change his mind if lakers some how get jermaine oneal and sign webber?

Ric Bucher: (3:18 PM ET ) No.

quote:

Phil (LA): Ric, you didn't answer my question... Any talk between the Lakers and other teams about a possible trade? What are the chances we land Oneal without giving up both Odom and Bynum? Will that ever happen?

Ric Bucher: (3:19 PM ET ) The Lakers are offering Kwame and Bynum. The Pacers want Odom and Bynum. I'm told that will never happen.

quote:

Jim: It seems like Chicago has the piece to go get a post player, so what are they waiting for?

Ric Bucher: (3:21 PM ET ) My guess is that Chicago is waiting to see how the Kobe saga unfolds. My sense is that's where he ultimately would like to go, and despite a lot of innuendo otherwise, the Bulls would love to have him if they don't have to give away their entire team to get him.

Laker fans got a problem with Ric Bucher of ESPN:

quote:

PK (Seoul, Korea): Had Lakers traded Bynum for JKidd at the Feb. deadline and kept Kobe from publicly bashing the Lakers management, could KG conceivably been willing to force his way into LA after realizing it was time to move on? I know that's a huge if, but after how everything unfolded in Celtic's acquistion of KG, as a Laker fan, I just have to wonder.

Ric Bucher: (3:55 PM ET ) If the Lakers had traded Bynum for JKidd, you wouldn't have Kobe wanting out. In either case, KG wasn't coming to LA. They simply don't have anything Minnesota wanted.

And for someone else who asked about why I hate the Lakers, just stop it. I can't help that your team is in a bad way. When I was proclaiming that the Lakers were better than the Kings back when Sac mattered, then I was a Lakers' homer. I don't have personal interests in any team, in part because I grew up in Cincinnati without a team, in greater part because I'm just not wired like that as a journalist. But this is probably a topic for my next podcast with Simmons.

Kobe anybody? Straight from the mouth of Ric Bucher, ESPN

quote:

Steve( Alabama): What are the chances that Kobe stays a Laker? 1-10, 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest.

Ric Bucher: (3:59 PM ET ) I can only go by what he has said, which is he never intends to play for them again. So give me a 10.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

Steve( Alabama): What are the chances that Kobe stays a Laker? 1-10, 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest.

Ric Bucher: (3:59 PM ET ) I can only go by what he has said, which is he never intends to play for them again. So give me a 10.

Get him with what?

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:

quote:

Get him with what?

Anybody but Dwight. I'd do it in a hearbeat.

Smack had a great trade scenarion yesterday when we were talking about it.

Did you see it?

Here it is from Smack:

I think we could get this done in a different way entirely that would appeal to both teams.

We trade Rashard/Redick/a future 1st round pick (and an expiring or two if they require it) for Kobe.

Then we have a lineup that looks like this.

Jameer/Arroyo/Dooling

Kobe/Bogans

Ariza/Turk

PF with vet min/Battie/Augie

Dwight/Gortat

I think if we made that move, we would automagically become front runners to land any free agents still available on the open market.

I am not positive on this one, but I am pretty sure Rashard can't be traded for a year per the CBA. Not to mention virtually every max contract like that has a no trade clause that the player has to agree to waiving.

Kobe is a pipe dream unless you want to give up Dwight.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:

quote:

Get him with what?

Anybody but Dwight. I'd do it in a hearbeat.

Smack had a great trade scenarion yesterday when we were talking about it.

Did you see it?

Here it is from Smack:

I think we could get this done in a different way entirely that would appeal to both teams.

We trade Rashard/Redick/a future 1st round pick (and an expiring or two if they require it) for Kobe.

Then we have a lineup that looks like this.

Jameer/Arroyo/Dooling

Kobe/Bogans

Ariza/Turk

PF with vet min/Battie/Augie

Dwight/Gortat

I think if we made that move, we would automagically become front runners to land any free agents still available on the open market.

Is this new line up really makes us a balanced team because we have a guy that can add 15 more points/game than would the Rashard-Reddick combo? Have we improved the defense around the post here? I grant you he will be ticket seller but thats it.