Sign in to follow this  
otis_smith

Would you mortgage our future for Kobe?

We should do like the celtics did, give up like 5 players and 2 draft picks to get kobe and keep dwight and Lewis.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

First off, we ain't giving up Dwight to get Kobe. If we have to do that I say no.

But what if Kobe forces the Lakers hand? From what I've been reading, now that his boy Garnett is gone that is a strong likelihood.

Wouldn't the Lakers have to take the best offer they could get?

I know the Bulls have a lot nice pieces but Kobe just might want to play with a big man.

I'd say give L.A. anything they want except Dwight.

That Laker situation with Kobe is gonna be very interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Junkie, would you do the deal I proposed?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

Yes

Ha-Ha, funny stuff Nyce! I would too.

By the way, how old is Kobe?

Kobe turns 29 in August.

The best player in the NBA, an all-star and the best big man in the East. 2 are in their prime and one is only what 22.

You can go ahead and sign me up for that please!!

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:

First off, we ain't giving up Dwight to get Kobe. If we have to do that I say no.

But what if Kobe forces the Lakers hand? From what I've been reading, now that his boy Garnett is gone that is a strong likelihood.

Wouldn't the Lakers have to take the best offer they could get?

I know the Bulls have a lot nice pieces but Kobe just might want to play with a big man.

I'd say give L.A. anything they want except Dwight.

That Laker situation with Kobe is gonna be very interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Junkie, would you do the deal I proposed?

When I first looked at it I thought Oh crap, giving up Rashard. But after letting it sink in you would just be giving a scorer for another "much better" scorer! I say yes.

But Smack, you and I both know Otis isn't gonna break the bank on Rashard and then turn right around and trade him. At least I don't think he would.

I still think if Kobe forces the Lakers hand they are gonna have to take what they can get. As with the T-Wolves the longer they wait, the less they're gonna get.

As I said earlier, the Laker situation is gonna be very interesting to see how it all unfolds.

I would go your deal though.

Don't get me wrong. Rashard is good, but Kobe is all world. He plays defense like no other SG in the league. He also rebounds & distributes. He is an all-around player and not just a scorer.

Since Otis did overpay for Rashard, atleast his salary would be close to Kobe's. I still think that with Hedo & Ariza filling the SF position, we don't need Rashard. We need a friggin SG. There isn't anyone better at that position than Kobe.

It would basically cost us Rashard and two first round picks (one future and one past, JJ).

That would be pretty good value for LA, and as I mentioned, we could always throw in an expiring contract or two to sweeten the deal for them.

Imagine the rivalry between Miami & Orlando if that happened. Wow!

quote:

Don't get me wrong. Rashard is good, but Kobe is all world. He plays defense like no other SG in the league. He also rebounds & distributes. He is an all-around player and not just a scorer.

Since Otis did overpay for Rashard, atleast his salary would be close to Kobe's. I still think that with Hedo & Ariza filling the SF position, we don't need Rashard. We need a friggin SG. There isn't anyone better at that position than Kobe.

It would basically cost us Rashard and two first round picks (one future and one past, JJ).

That would be pretty good value for LA, and as I mentioned, we could always throw in an expiring contract or two to sweeten the deal for them.

Imagine the rivalry between Miami & Orlando if that happened. Wow!

If we only gave up Rashard and 2 1st round picks, then I wouldn't mind. But I don't want to give up guys like Reddick, Ariza, and Nelson. Theres too much potential there.

I love Smacks trade, I would definetly trade Lewis and Reddick and 100 first round picks for Kobe.

That is a no brainer, and then Ariza gets the start, Bogans backs up Kobe, and if we cant get a pf in free agency, why not add one of there big men, give them a pg they are a little short in that area.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

If we only gave up Rashard and 2 1st round picks, then I wouldn't mind. But I don't want to give up guys like Reddick, Ariza, and Nelson. Theres too much potential there.

What kind of crack are you smoking???

We're talking about Kobe freaking Bryant. He scores 80 points on off nights and plays 42 minutes per game, and you're worried about not trading Redick????????????

You jokers need to grab a clue.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

What kind of crack are you smoking???

We're talking about Kobe freaking Bryant. He scores 80 points on off nights and plays 42 minutes per game, and you're worried about not trading Redick????????????

You jokers need to grab a clue.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

I'd go after Barron Davis too.