Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

The Official VC to Orlando thread. ~merged~

quote:
Originally posted by MagicmaninMiami:

Being new here I need a bit of assistance. are insulting PMs allowed on these boards? Rather than debate things intelligently in the open SmackDaddy is not resorting to name calling by PM. Its beneath me to even entertain that dialogue. Is there another tool besides the ignore tool to just block PMs?

Keep any debates in this thread. If you are infantile enough to start with phrases like meathead due to a disagreement on Bball there really is no interest for me to receive PMS from you. i don't particpate on kiddie boards so if this is one someone please let me know.

Awwwwww....

I called you a meat head and a pea brain. I'll get you a box of Kleenex so you can dry your tears. You called me an imbecile and infantile. Therefore I think we're even. Quick question though...Why does your moral high ground extend so much higher than mine?

And to answer your question, PM's are used quite often to settle personal disagreements without the entire board needing to be subjected to the arguement.

This was in the NYPost.

quote:
NO-VIN SITUATION?

CARTER DEAL 50-50; JASON DOUBTFUL

By FRED KERBER

February 21, 2007 -- The Nets' possible trade of Jason Kidd has made almost as much news as Britney Spears' self-inflicted haircut. But figure Kidd stays around longer than Britney's latest look.

Vince Carter is another matter.

While several NBA execs put a damper on the possibility of Kidd moving anywhere by tomorrow's 3 p.m. deadline - one labeled a potential deal as "highly doubtful" - other league sources claimed new talks were initiated regarding Carter, despite his ability to opt out of his contract at season's end.

One exec said there was a 50-50 chance of a trade.

It was not immediately clear what teams pursued Carter, who will make $16.36 million next year if he bypasses free agency.

Nets president Rod Thorn insisted there was "nothing, not at all" on the horizon, but added, "You never know, things can develop."

Carter yesterday spoke only about the Nets' resuming their playoff quest starting tonight in the Meadowlands against the Hornets and former Nets coach Byron Scott. Oh, yeah, games. Remember them? Well, just two more days before games dominate the situation again.

Monday, Carter said he was tired of the trade/free agency questions.

"Just to have that be over with and we can move on, either way," he said. "Hopefully, we all do. I'm just tired of hearing about it."

But often, NBA stuff happens when you least expect it.

"A lot of times when there's the most talk nothing happens," said Richard Jefferson who was continuing his rehab at the practice facility. "And then when there's little talk - no one knew we were going to get Vince Carter. No one knew we were going to get J-Kidd. Sometimes when there's a lot of talk very little happens."

Most of the talk has been about Kidd, whose departure would recall the Nets nightmare days. The franchise had one playoff series victory and never had won 50 games in a season. Players were overpaid because of their public-relations savvy or skill in one area, however limited.

The franchise was better known for mistakes and foibles, for whom they didn't draft - Reggie Miller, Kobe Bryant - more than for whom they did - Dennis Hopson, Chris Morris. Then Kidd arrived and everything changed.

"The guy is the heart and soul of the franchise," said coach Lawrence Frank. "People who were here pre-Jason and then during know the difference. This guy, he turned the franchise around.

"What separates him from 99 percent of the players in the NBA is he has a will like no other," Frank added. "When your captain comes to play every single night, it puts pressure on everyone in that locker room to do the same. You can't put a statistic on that. You can't put a value on it, other than when you have Jason Kidd you feel you have a chance to win."

Man this anticipation is killing me.

26 hrs and counting....

I have not heard or read about Brian Hill not wanting Carter anywhere except from Magicman28. I even listened to Buchner on 1080 am this morning and didn't hear that. I want a 2nd source to confirm that this is actually true.

I don't blame you. Theres got to be someone else who heard it. It was on NBA Coast to Coast last night on ESPN2.

I just read this on Newsday, posted about 10 hours ago.

"The team that we have on the floor is the team that we'll have on Friday," Magic GM Otis Smith said last night at the Garden. Asked how certain he was, Smith said, "Ninety-nine-point-nine. Is that good enough?"

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/ny-spkidd21510...basketball-headlines

More tightlippedness (sp?) from OS? Or foreshadowing quote?

I guess we find out in a matter of hours.....

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

"The team that we have on the floor is the team that we'll have on Friday," Magic GM Otis Smith said last night at the Garden. Asked how certain he was, Smith said, "Ninety-nine-point-nine. Is that good enough?"

Why not just say 100%?

****...I hate reading stuff like this.

quote:
Why does your moral high ground extend so much higher than mine?

Maybe because I just generally am on higher ground? icon_smile.gif I responded not initiated. Have no problems with it on open board but don't spam my email address with invitations to your nonsense. Stay on point and on thread.

Have an answer for the back up player you are sure the Magic can get that will solidify the lineup with the MLE and justify the trading away of a promising first round pick? Dying to hear it.

Dooling is gone this offseason. Hedo can be taken off the books. Grant's contract finished. Now show us you can do some maths and post how far the Magic would have to go over the cap to have a killer inside and outside game that doesn't sell the future of the team for a player that you still can't vouch won't bolt or as 30 something year old players often do won't get injured and wreck the team ala Grant Hill?

quote:
Originally posted by Magicman28:

quote:

Why not just say 100%?

Me too, I was getting ready to catch Vinsanity and now it seems him coming here is less and less likely.

But this may end up a blessing in disguise with a delayed reward. We don't lose any part of our young core.

Sometimes you have to thank God for unanswered prayers.

quote:

quote:

Why not just say 100%?

Cheer up MagicMan, this just Otis being a GM. Would it be smart if he came out and said, "Some players won't be on this team on Friday"? Then all hell would break loose. I don't read anything into this other than there are some things in place.

25 hrs and counting...

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why not just say 100%?

Me too, I was getting ready to catch Vinsanity and now it seems him coming here is less and less likely.

But this may end up a blessing in disguise with a delayed reward. We don't lose any part of our young core.

Sometimes you have to thank God for unanswered prayers.

Honestly, I'm getting tired of hearing about our "young core". Its so overstated that I almost get sick everytime I read or hear the word now. I mean yeah, we got a "young core". Great. We are also lacking a SG. Theres none available in the FA outside of VC and we don't have any picks. We are also on the verge of being ousted from the playoffs once again. Young core is great, I want to IMPROVE.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:

quote:

Why not just say 100%?

Cheer up MagicMan, this just Otis being a GM. Would it be smart if he came out and said, "Some players won't be on this team on Friday"? Then all hell would break loose. I don't read anything into this other than there are some things in place.

25 hrs and counting...

No which is why I still leave a little hope because he didn't say "100% certain". He just keeps messing with my emotions lol. If he does pull it off, hes a **** good bluffer.