Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Carlos speaks about demotion, Dooling will play more, Darko still hurt-(Denton blog)

I'm just waiting for Dooling to take the regular position of pont guard and Jameer to be demoted as well with Carlos. Our problem from the begining is in our point guard position. None of them have done things the way they need to. Jameer can hug Coach Hill all he wants, but if he doesn't perform on the court he should be out of the rotation. I would re-activate right now Diener and have him running the team along with Dooling. We all know that Dooling is not a point guard so he (UNFORTUNATELY) won't last too long there, BUT in the meanwhile let's run the court and who ever can't run with the team go and have a Gatorade and watch the game from the bench. If we would have had traded Jameer and Carlos or Diener for a good point guard when we had the chance we wouldn't be now worried on making the playoffs. All it took was a player like Dooling, who is not even a great point guard, to make this team play the game they should have being. Forget about waiting for Dwight to post! That style doesn't work! He makes TOO MANY MISTAKES! HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO PASS THE BALL TO THE OPEN MEN! Push the ball evertime we have and give Dwight the ball in the trailer for a dunk! That's a better way to score for him.

Nice post Oso that is what really matters the team wining and just finding the perfect rhythm if a player dosnt feet so be it but its all about wining!

quote:
Originally posted by Undisputed4:

Marc, im perfect. Sorry to ruin ur theory

Ok, just because me and Marc are buds, doesn't mean it is OK to confuse us for each other.

So much for the veracity of your statement.

quote:

My mind is screwed up right now. Duke lost in the first round for the third time in 27 years. Im depressed. My world is upside down

In total and complete seriousness, that IS a valid excuse. My condolences.

quote:

My mind is screwed up right now. Duke lost in the first round for the third time in 27 years. Im depressed. My world is upside down

It's OK. You guys deserve it for having Greg Paulus on your team. He thinks hes JJ Redick... but he has 1/8 the game. I don't care that it hurt my bracket, Paulus deserved to lose for the way he acted tonight.

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

This is the second time in this thread that someone has called out another poster for having a problem with an Arroyo fan. Both times, the poster mentioned something about "owning or running the boards."

There should be no difference between a member who has been here two months or one who has been here 12 months. But there is a perceived difference nonetheless.

Part of the difference is that the members who have been here longer have had to listen to more of this constant back and forth between the Arroyo fans and those that would prefer Jameer. Believe me, it has gotten old. It has been a constant issue since the trade, now well over a year ago.

But there is nothing wrong with an Arroyo fan venting. The problem is when things get contentious. Likewise, there is nothing wrong with another member venting about the Arroyo fan venting.

What we don't need is a third party coming in and making things worse, especially when the thread is already contentious.

Nothing is perfect about these boards...I guess you could say that we are really mirroring the team right now. But we should still respect the right for others to post their feelings, so long as those posts adhere to the rules that were set up by the people behind orlandomagic.com, who DO happen to own these boards.

My deear friend moderator,

If you look at the begining of this thread it started very nice with some points and media information about the situations that occured last game, like the demotion of Arroyo and his comments about it after being asked of the situation, and Darko's back problems among others. All was fine and everyone was making their respected comments UNTIL someone who is notorious in this board to provoke the Arroyo's fans with his comments did exactly what it was expected from him. When I read it I laughed because I knew this was comming. Our friend kberto posted several messeges provoking the Arroyo, and I quote: "Now that the Arroyo leach mob is back it's time to attack away." LOL!! He always makes me laugh with his silly comments. After this Smackdaddy and others took it where kberto left it. I don't understand why you are trying to act surprised or like if no one knew this was comming. When I read it I was just cheking every hour to see the ridiculous war starting again. This will never end while there are players and FANS on the teams. It's just the norm. I'm just glad that my favorite player keeps showing what I have said since he came from NY. Ariza will be a super star better than Arroyo, Jameer, Dooling, Diener, Reddick, or Darko. LOL!

About Arroyo's comments, to be honest I have no clue why people here are trying to make it a big thing. He didn't say anything bad. Just that OBVIOUSLY he's not happy with his demotion. If he said that he was happy and that this is the best thing could happen the team I would fire him right there! NOT ONE OF YOU would feel great if you are a player and you are demoted. Let's cut the cra-p! Saying that he's not happy about it has no negative effect on this team. EVERYONE in the management knows that he was not going to be happy. EVERYBODY in the entire world that watches the NBA games knows that he can't be happy about it. So why are you trying to make it look like he commited a capital sin? Grow up! Nether Arroyo nor Jameer should be playing as regular point guards. The faster this team hears me (LOL!) the better this team will be. YES, because I'm the ONLY TRUTH HERE! I KNOW IT ALL ABOUT BASKETBALL AND NONE OF YOU SHOULD SAY A WORD AGAINST ME! LOL! Just moking those who talk like that in here. Have fun now trying to mock me... Good hunting...

quote:
But there is nothing wrong with an Arroyo fan venting. The problem is when things get contentious. Likewise, there is nothing wrong with another member venting about the Arroyo fan venting.

Well except that a moderator has now indicated that the feelings of Arroyo fan are " getting old" (which does imply something is wrong with an arroyo fan venting and does take a side with an older poster - you can't have it both ways - but I trust that slip was unintentional or you were not writing as a mod - which isn't really possible anyway.)

The magic have embraced the support of the Puerto Rican community that supports Arroyo so I had no idea that objecting to the blasting of an entire demographic of their fan base would be innappropriate but you would know that better than I however I can certainly see where the idea that older posters have more privilege than younger would be natural conclusion even from that response. I never read the other one but came to it by my own observation

To both OsoTommy, and Magicmaninmiami,

Thanks for responding. I was speaking as a board member. The fact that I am a moderator has in no way affected how I post (yet!!). In fact, I have taken the team to task many times in my Fan Voice Blog in the blog section of the boards.

Yes, there are definitely those that provoke or otherwise contribute to this problem. I would say that they come from both sides of this particular argument.

It was not my intent to contribute to the problem. But in case I have, I try to clear it up a bit now. First off, Miami, if you re-read my post, what I said was "getting old" was the constant back and forth between those on both sides of the issue. Please don't misconstrue that.

Often, the PG argument and all its factors (Diener and Dooling have been included as well) have overshadowed any success the team has had this year. If we win and one PG played good, it means that one should play more. If we lose and one PG played bad, he should sit the bench. It would appear that it will not end until we have a PG who consistently performs well and contributes to a winning team. The sad - or scary - thing is that we can't be certain that we even have one of those on the roster!

Hear me now. I have ben reading all your posts about Arroyo this Arroyo that. But all I see Is a lot of hipocresy when the men do good he is great when he do bad he have an attitude. Same thing with Nelso, Hedo and others. DH (aka Magics god) never do antything wrong even thoug he makes half of the Magics Turn-Overs and can not shoot in the Free trow (Shaq Clone??). Well for the Puerto Ricans Arroyo is something like DH is for the Magic, our only NBA Hero. Kids back in PR try to emulate him. He is the longest NBA "star" that we have had in a long time. You guys are trying to put down the dreams of Puerto Ricans Kids. Look have any of you know how big is Puerto Rico?

is only 100 miles long and 35 miles wide (170 km by 60 km). Come on Orlando by itself is 100.9 mi