Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Carlos speaks about demotion, Dooling will play more, Darko still hurt-(Denton blog)

quote:
Originally posted by OsoTommy:

I'm just waiting for Dooling to take the regular position of pont guard and Jameer to be demoted as well with Carlos. Our problem from the begining is in our point guard position. None of them have done things the way they need to. Jameer can hug Coach Hill all he wants, but if he doesn't perform on the court he should be out of the rotation. I would re-activate right now Diener and have him running the team along with Dooling. We all know that Dooling is not a point guard so he (UNFORTUNATELY) won't last too long there, BUT in the meanwhile let's run the court and who ever can't run with the team go and have a Gatorade and watch the game from the bench. If we would have had traded Jameer and Carlos or Diener for a good point guard when we had the chance we wouldn't be now worried on making the playoffs. All it took was a player like Dooling, who is not even a great point guard, to make this team play the game they should have being. Forget about waiting for Dwight to post! That style doesn't work! He makes TOO MANY MISTAKES! HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO PASS THE BALL TO THE OPEN MEN! Push the ball evertime we have and give Dwight the ball in the trailer for a dunk! That's a better way to score for him.

Good post very Team like not Hating like some ignorant posts before this one.

quote:
Originally posted by djmase20:

Its BS that Carlos Arroyo didnt win Miss Universe last year. Brain Hill must have been a judge.

vida-guerra-playboy.jpg

Ha! Carlos with makeup, boobs and the comparable hoops skills.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Sorry, but I need to vent a little bit. I'm just so sick and tired of the Carlos fans and their sense of entitlement over buying tickets and Arroyo jerseys to go watch a player that they idolize that has never amounted to anything in the NBA.

Now, one day after a great team game Arroyo thinks it appropriate to whine to the media about how he is not happy. This is his second time this year pulling such an act. Now we'll get to hear from all his fans about how he was treated unfairly.

Instead of recognizing that Arroyo doesn't fit and doesn't excel unless it's on the international stage playing with all his peers, we get to hear about what a travesty it is that he hasn't been shown the proper confidence from any of his 22 NBA coaches. Give it a break. I'm sick of it.

Now you understand what Piston fans and everyone else was saying.

Sure, you picked up Darko and who knows, he may turn into something great. But I wouldn't put money on it. Regardless, he wasn't going to resign with Detroit anyhow.

Now with Darko still very much a question mark and possibly requesting(likely) a ridiculous contract, that's a risky proposition. So, recieving a possible lottery pick from Orlando doesn't look like that bad of a deal.

Now, we factor in the Arroyo factor. A guy everyone was happy to see go and you can see why. Not only is he a cancer, his "fan club" is full of some of the most irrational people you will ever come across. Literally, there is no reason to use common sense with them.

I felt it was an even trade before and I think more so now. Hell, outside of Dwight Howard and maybe Darko, Orlando should package Arroyo with anybody and try to find a taker. But at this point, he might have burned all his bridges.

I am a puertorrican but not a Carlos Arroyo fan, with taht said we have to realize a fw things, Carlos has not played worst than Jameer has all season long, At one point I heard BHill saying that he doesnt plat JJ because the game is played on both sides of the court, Tonight Jameer scored 23 points but it was M Bibby who sparked the run to beat us tonight. Also Hedo Torkoflu has not ben effective throug out the season and he has not been benched, Grant Hill is a constant distraction an also lacks leadership, he is not even good in mentoring teamates. If Brian Hill dos not need Carlos he needs to put him on a suit and not bring him on the court with 38 seconds after he made some bad coaching moves that cost us the game.

We need to ask the Magic team why we are seeing doubl standards and why the coach hasnot been able to achieve a team work athmosphere, They look as they have no trust on each other, maybe is time to clean the house, keep the core of Trevor, Dwight and Darko and put everybody else on the tradin block and bring players with work ethic and a coach who can teach team work.

I would like to see who is going to be blamed for the lose tonight. OBVIOUSLY, bringing Dooling to be the replacement PG is not going to solve our problems. We need A REAL POINT GUARD TO START! Jameer is our problem and until he's out of the rotation we are not going to be any better than we are right now. Is not Carlos but Jameer the one we need to trade. We need a point guard (not Arroyo either) that knows how to run a team. A point guard that does not think on how many points I'm going to score tonight, but on how many assists I'm going to make EVERY night. Jameer can score in the NBA, but that doesn't make him a playmaker. There are lots of players like him on the street that can play on a team and score some points here and there, but when you ask them to be a playmaker, that's when they all fail. As we get closer to playoff time, comes out his problem of trying to guard taller guards than him. NO, Diener is NOT the solution eighter, so get over it. WE NEED A REAL POINT GUARD. Jameer is like a cancer, the faster we can cut him, the faster we can heal. OUR SECOND PROBLEM, is what? I want to hear you all saying it! BRIAN HILL!!! Yes! He's from the school of Mike Fratello (bad one). We need someone who is in-tune with the playerd abilities of today. The run and gun strategy fits better than Hill's strategy of walk to the offensive side, pass the ball to Dwight and watch him play. It's just ridiculous! Oh, and pray that he doesn't try to pass the ball because it'll turn into a turn over. Kareem, Shak, Mutombo, Divas, Yao, Moses, Parish, McHale, Lambeer, Walton, and Chamberlain; what all these great centers (ok ok, and strong forwards) had in common that made them be super stars in their position? Besides their ability to rebound, score, and block shots; they ALL knew how to pass the ball while posted. You can not be called a super star just because you can dunk the ball only. Darell Dawkins not only dunk almost everytime he took a shot but he chattered a few backboards. Did that made him a super star? No. It made him notorious and well known, but he lacked of the other skills needed to be considered a super star. He was a very good center, specially for a man of his hight. That's why we are struggling, because our offense is rounded on a man that doesn't know how to pass the ball and who has big problems protecting the ball from smaller players when he's doubled and a point guard who is not a playmaker but a shooter. In the meanwhile we have an extraordinary athletic player like Ariza (and others) screaming to all winds how good he (they) can be if... but our offense stays frozen in time. Until we solve those two situations we are going to see more this year and the next and the next... I predicted that Dooling's move was not going to give us anything, only a little breeze and a clear day for a game, or two, but the storm would be back again. Tonight I heard the thunders again...

quote:
Originally posted by Big Unit:

I am a puertorrican but not a Carlos Arroyo fan, with taht said we have to realize a fw things, Carlos has not played worst than Jameer has all season long, At one point I heard BHill saying that he doesnt plat JJ because the game is played on both sides of the court, Tonight Jameer scored 23 points but it was M Bibby who sparked the run to beat us tonight. Also Hedo Torkoflu has not ben effective throug out the season and he has not been benched, Grant Hill is a constant distraction an also lacks leadership, he is not even good in mentoring teamates. If Brian Hill dos not need Carlos he needs to put him on a suit and not bring him on the court with 38 seconds after he made some bad coaching moves that cost us the game.

We need to ask the Magic team why we are seeing doubl standards and why the coach hasnot been able to achieve a team work athmosphere, They look as they have no trust on each other, maybe is time to clean the house, keep the core of Trevor, Dwight and Darko and put everybody else on the tradin block and bring players with work ethic and a coach who can teach team work.

Anyone with some intelligence could see the two standards with ease.

When any other player struggle is OK but when Arroyo does he hits the bench hard. This is only the coach fault. I don't have to mention who has struggle this year, you all knoe and you also know what happens with those players (NOTHING).

I didn't want Arroyo to be part of this S@@@ tonight having to play the last 30 seconds of this game. The coach is the only responsible for all this desitions putting the blame on the players to get the focus out of him.

I hope Arroyo finds another team to play and I also hope they fire this coach soon and get my team fixed.

We stopped Sacramento 5 loss consecutive game record. Just like we did to the Bobcats.

Who to blame now??????????

quote:
Originally posted by reality check:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Sorry, but I need to vent a little bit. I'm just so sick and tired of the Carlos fans and their sense of entitlement over buying tickets and Arroyo jerseys to go watch a player that they idolize that has never amounted to anything in the NBA.

Now, one day after a great team game Arroyo thinks it appropriate to whine to the media about how he is not happy. This is his second time this year pulling such an act. Now we'll get to hear from all his fans about how he was treated unfairly.

Instead of recognizing that Arroyo doesn't fit and doesn't excel unless it's on the international stage playing with all his peers, we get to hear about what a travesty it is that he hasn't been shown the proper confidence from any of his 22 NBA coaches. Give it a break. I'm sick of it.

Now you understand what Piston fans and everyone else was saying.

Sure, you picked up Darko and who knows, he may turn into something great. But I wouldn't put money on it. Regardless, he wasn't going to resign with Detroit anyhow.

Now with Darko still very much a question mark and possibly requesting(likely) a ridiculous contract, that's a risky proposition. So, recieving a possible lottery pick from Orlando doesn't look like that bad of a deal.

Now, we factor in the Arroyo factor. A guy everyone was happy to see go and you can see why. Not only is he a cancer, his "fan club" is full of some of the most irrational people you will ever come across. Literally, there is no reason to use common sense with them.

I felt it was an even trade before and I think more so now. Hell, outside of Dwight Howard and maybe Darko, Orlando should package Arroyo with anybody and try to find a taker. But at this point, he might have burned all his bridges.

This is not true, and it is disrespectful generalization with racist overtones. I have been reading these boards for months, and most (though certainly not all) of the people who follow Arroyo -and they do so just like all the Texans who specifically followed Nolan Ryan- speak quite fairly.

Hey Reality Chick!

Wwwwaaaaa! Carlos is a cancer!

Wwwwaaaaa! His fans are irrational!

Get real dude! You can trade Carlos Today for all I care. That will not change the trayectory of this franchise. Real fans like you should be focussing on the real issues affecting this team. Stop blamming an irrelevant back up point guard for everything wrong that happens on this team. In fact, let me give you some stats that will really give you a reality check.

B.Hill record as a coach (Post Shaq)= 97w - 205L

J.Nelson numbers - 13.3 ppg (ranks #63) 4.1 apg (#43)

D.Howard - 18.2 ppg (Ranks # 32) 3.7 topg (#5)

H.Turkoglu - 12.6 ppg (#57)

G.Hill - 14.2 ppg (Not ranked. To qualify: a player must be on pace to play 70 games or score 1,400 points.)

T.Battie - 6.0 ppg ( Same as above)

There you have your FAB FIVE. Lets deal with this first, then we cant talk about Carlitos all you want.

The situation for me is simple.

Starting the season, around the first 15-20 games, Orlando had a great start. Go to the stats, you'll see the stats of Arroyo, he was having a great season start. Whatever happenned between him and Hill is still to be understood; however, all of a sudden, he is being used less and less.

People, you got to understand it, Nelson will never, ever be a playmaker like Arroyo can be. So, what's the problem then? Why doesn't Hill try Arroyo as a starter?

Befor answering, let face some real facts first.

On Utah, he had a great final season, why did he have problems with Sloan? The answer will be the same.

On Detroit, he was supporting a great cast, and a great playmaker in Billups, but we has having a good season until he started facing problems with Larry Brown. Why did it started? The answer will be the same.

Sloan is a proven racist, there are documented facts about it, it was known long before Carlos got into the team.

Unfortunately, during the 2004 Olympics, when the Puerto Rico team beat US convincingly, led by Carlos, and Carlos had his "jersey" moment, that loss was offending to the US team, and the US nation as well. Why? because of racism against Puertorricans, period.

Hill has prejudice against Carlos, as Sloan had and as Brown had. Just as Sloan had prejudice against Jose "Piculin" Ortiz when he was with the Jazz, he was a proven great player, successful in all his seasons after he left the NBA. Brian Hill is racist, period.

I have the impression that Dallas' coach Johnson is an open minded and mature individual. If not the same thing will happen to JJ Barea.

I know this is hard to swallow to some people, but you all need to face reality. Racism is certainly alive in the continental US and people like Hill prove this.

I am going to Orlando for a convention and had planned to see Orlando, but with this situation, I will not pay to see a game wher Hill is offending Carlos and the Puertorricans fans by putting him to play the last 38 seconds of the game. If this is not a clear insult in the face , nothing is. This is the type of act that a person like Hill is capable of doing just to spank somebody. Sad but true, racism is well alive on the 21st century, unbelievable.

quote:
Originally posted by Just Reality:

The situation for me is simple.

Starting the season, around the first 15-20 games, Orlando had a great start. Go to the stats, you'll see the stats of Arroyo, he was having a great season start. Whatever happenned between him and Hill is still to be understood; however, all of a sudden, he is being used less and less.

People, you got to understand it, Nelson will never, ever be a playmaker like Arroyo can be. So, what's the problem then? Why doesn't Hill try Arroyo as a starter?

Befor answering, let face some real facts first.

On Utah, he had a great final season, why did he have problems with Sloan? The answer will be the same.

On Detroit, he was supporting a great cast, and a great playmaker in Billups, but we has having a good season until he started facing problems with Larry Brown. Why did it started? The answer will be the same.

Sloan is a proven racist, there are documented facts about it, it was known long before Carlos got into the team.

Unfortunately, during the 2004 Olympics, when the Puerto Rico team beat US convincingly, led by Carlos, and Carlos had his "jersey" moment, that loss was offending to the US team, and the US nation as well. Why? because of racism against Puertorricans, period.

Hill has prejudice against Carlos, as Sloan had and as Brown had. Just as Sloan had prejudice against Jose "Piculin" Ortiz when he was with the Jazz, he was a proven great player, successful in all his seasons after he left the NBA. Brian Hill is racist, period.

I have the impression that Dallas' coach Johnson is an open minded and mature individual. If not the same thing will happen to JJ Barea.

I know this is hard to swallow to some people, but you all need to face reality. Racism is certainly alive in the continental US and people like Hill prove this.

I am going to Orlando for a convention and had planned to see Orlando, but with this situation, I will not pay to see a game wher Hill is offending Carlos and the Puertorricans fans by putting him to play the last 38 seconds of the game. If this is not a clear insult in the face , nothing is. This is the type of act that a person like Hill is capable of doing just to spank somebody. Sad but true, racism is well alive on the 21st century, unbelievable.

I don't like to mention or bring the racism issue here. I would say that the coach is a bad leader and that he used Arroyo and Bogans as the scape goat to get the focus out of him but no more than that.

I currently live in the states and they are good people. I'm from PR but I do have great friends here. That's my personal experience.

I understand how you feel after seing the two standards but that's the coach or the GM's fault. Once the GM got involved that cra@ came up.

It's getting to the point were the responsible is Mr.Smith for doing nothing about it. Or we could blame Arroyo again for having 0 points 0 assits and 1 PF in 30 seconds. At least Bogans was out of it, he did better.