Sign in to follow this  
Marc Acres 3:16

The Simpsons Movie!!

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Peter Griffin "owns" Homer Simpson.

....sorry guys, had to let that one out.

Wow, TITY, Just, Wow.

Am I gonna have lay the smackdown on you again?

Peter Griffin was made in the same mold as Homer Simpson. He isn't even an original character.

Peter isn't even the best character on that show. I could argue that Stewie, Brian, even Quagmire are more entertaining.

Besides, the cutaways on Family Guy are just downright idiotic in the new seasons.

C'mon TITY, I had more faith in you than that.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

It has to be animated! Those live action ones always come out lame.

I can't believe it is getting such good reviews, I've seen 3 out of 4 stars, 5 stars, I figured it would get ripped.

I'm not, the critics have always loved the Simpsons. The show is just irreverant enough that fans love it and critics don't find it crude. Actually its kind of funny because alot of people used to find the show highly offensive when it first came out. Now that its been on the air for so long and cartoons like South Park and Family Guy take way more chances, the Simpsons are very mainstream.

quote:
Definitly, even though, *gulp* i'm not the BIGGEST fan of season 1. The animation was just rough for me.

I'm not either. I think the show really came into its own in season 2.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:

Wow, TITY, Just, Wow.

Peter Griffin was made in the same mold as Homer Simpson. He isn't even an original character.

Peter isn't even the best character on that show. I could argue that Stewie, Brian, even Quagmire are more entertaining.

Besides, the cutaways on Family Guy are just downright idiotic in the new seasons.

I love family guy, but Simpsons owns it for one reason, Originality. Family Guy makes it life bashing other shows, and on stereotypes, funny yes, but original, not so much.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

quote:

Wow, TITY, Just, Wow.

The sooner, the better. I'm gonna have to set you straight.

As for comparison, there is none. Originality or not, the most bizarre family are the Griffins.

As for the new season, I haven't seen a single episode. It's all about the classics baby!

Oh yeah, and ThisIsTheYear "owns" Osprey......sorry, had to get that one out.

quote:
Oh yeah, and ThisIsTheYear "owns" Osprey......sorry, had to get that one out.

Must be nice living in a dream world all day........

I love Family Guy, but Homer just owns Peter Griffin so hard. Only episode I found Peter to be funny was when he was "teaching" Meg how to drive for her driving exam lol. Others, I find Stewie more entertaining.

Homer, on the other hand, is legit. I always felt the show would stink if they remove Homer. He's the backbone of all the jokes in the show. Only thing I don't get is why Homer takes the brunt of all the jokes about being fat when Barney, Comic book guy, and even Chief Wiggums are all fatter than him.

I used to really like the Simpsons but now the jokes are just beginning to get a little tedious. The ideas just don't seem as good anymore. I still like most of the classics but even they've began to lose their touch after constant repeats on Sky 1 (the British network that pretty much worships the Simpsons).

Family Guy is much funnier in my opinion. It's so random and always has me in fits of laughter.

Still though I have to say that the Spider-Pig thing is pretty **** hilarious.

The movie was hilarious, very impressed with Groening and the writers for raising the bar once again!

"Spider-Pig, Spider-Pig. / Does whatever a Spider-Pig does. / Can he swing / from a web? / No he *can't*, / cause he's a pig. / Look out! / He is the Spider-Pig!"