Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

I watched a lot of Thomas back in the day, and his game was more like a Tyson Chandler than Noel. Noel has a lot more ball skill.

If Noel somehow falls to us ( I doubt this), the Magic will grab him.

If not, I hope it is BenMac.

If we take Oladipo, I wouldnt be stunned if we traded him to Minny for 2 picks.

+1. But I think the Cavs are taking Noel and think they knew they were taking him a long time ago.

@SportsWhispers

#NBA: The Timberwolves are in discussions with the Magic about axquiring the #2 pick in Thursday's Draft.

@WojYahooNBA

Orlando has been doing a great deal of work on players in late lottery-mid 1st round range, weighing possible deals out of No. 2 spot.

@JoshuaBRobbins

As I wrote today in the paper, I think the Magic still are considering trading the 2nd overall pick. Keep an eye on the T-Wolves.

STRAP IN!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is pretty weird that at number 2 we are likely picking from a group of 5 guys ( Noel, Mac, oladipo, porter, Bennett) usually it's one or two guys. The other weird thing is there's a good chance every guy will be available when we pick.

Assuming that's true, is that just Big Shot Rob doing his due diligence, (exploring all his options) or is that a sign that we might not be all that high on anyone at #2, and see more value in acquiring other assets?

If we're already strapped in should we just tighten the belt a knotch?

definitely. exhale all the oxygen out of your body to get tighter.

Calipari is going to say a lot to push his guy to be drafted as high as possible.

Of course but he is not going to make a fool of himself either. One reason his players get drafted so highly is due to how well he works with NBA teams. He has a good rep for disclosing everything he can about his players.

So even if he is exaggerating about 240. 225-230 is realistic. And the main point is that people are making a bigger deal out of the weight than it is.

If the Bledsoe deal goes down then I hope we stay at #2 and take either Olidipo or McClemore.

If it doesn't the the T Wolves deal looks a little better since it is likely that either Burke, McCollum or MCW will be available at #9 then we get more assets in Williams and possibly the #26 pick.

I am big believer that we need to come away with a PG tomorrow ideally through the Bledsoe trade.

If the Bledsoe deal goes down then I hope we stay at #2 and take either Olidipo or McClemore.

If it doesn't the the T Wolves deal looks a little better since it is likely that either Burke, McCollum or MCW will be available at #9 then we get more assets in Williams and possibly the #26 pick.

I am big believer that we need to come away with a PG tomorrow ideally through the Bledsoe trade.

I think you'll see a trade with the T-pups, and we land MCW.

An interesting thought is that Wolves may be drafting LEN and not Oli if they get #2.