Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

1. Shabazz

2. Bennett

3. Burke

4. McCollum

5. McClemore

No offense, but this is a joke right? Oh and...

1. McLemore

2. Oladipo

3. Noel

4. Burke

5a. McCollum

5b. Schroeder

It was tough to not mention Anthony Bennett on my list. I think he has the potential to be a #1 scoring option with his offensive arsenal I just wish he'd put in some effort on defense and take less stupid shots. Plus I don't think he's any better than Harris.

Yea Ive had a tough time gauging Bennett. I mean he has a mans body and should be able to play a psychical game like Zach Randolph, but that's just not the style or the way he plays. Something about Bennett I just don't seem to really like idk, maybe the thought of another soft Canadian PF is it I'm not sure. I do think he could be a good player, but like you said he doesn't play physical enough especially defensively.

I thought the exact same thing.

Hey to each their own fellas. I don't agree with it but whose to say Shabazz doesn't end up the best player in this class? Not like he couldn't be no matter how down on him we all are. I give the dude props for going against the grain.

Shabazz is one of those guys I really wanted to add to my late lottery area wishlist, but I don't think that he will drop that far down. I'm guessing there's a good chance that someone before that 13-ish pick will bite on the name recognition and the potential to grow a Harden-like beard. Of course the big concern would still be whether his personality fits in with other NBA egos...

I can't really see Shabazz fitting in Orlando. It's all well and fine to have the "number 1 guy" mentality, except he's a dime-a-dozen NBA player. Coming out of high school I was really high on him, but after a year in college we've learned that he's either a slow, majorly under-skilled SG or an undersized SF who doesn't like to pass or play D. Everyone is obviously free to their own opinion, though.

• Upvote 1

It was tough to not mention Anthony Bennett on my list. I think he has the potential to be a #1 scoring option with his offensive arsenal I just wish he'd put in some effort on defense and take less stupid shots. Plus I don't think he's any better than Harris.

What's your opinion on him? I see Bennett as a bigger Tobias Harris. I feel his offensive game and the way he moves is everything Tobias is except a little bigger, therefore making him less versatile (he's a clear stretch 4, I don't see him being able to guard 3s IMO). We all gushed over Tobias so I'm surprised he's not getting much consideration here.

What's your opinion on him? I see Bennett as a bigger Tobias Harris. I feel his offensive game and the way he moves is everything Tobias is except a little bigger, therefore making him less versatile (he's a clear stretch 4, I don't see him being able to guard 3s IMO). We all gushed over Tobias so I'm surprised he's not getting much consideration here.

He does not play the defense that harris does and does not dribble as good. He duplicates what we already have. I do have him 5th because of talent.

He does not play the defense that harris does and does not dribble as good. He duplicates what we already have. I do have him 5th because of talent.

Wasn't aware that Harris really played defense.

Tobias Harris is clearly a small forward with his combination of speed, handles and ability to create from the perimeter. Bennett is basically Paul Millsap without a motor.

uhm okay? I said their offensive games are very similar. Both are explosive, have range, good handles and IMO very underrated athletically. I'm not necessarily saying draft him, but I think he would complement very well with some other star draft player. Say we draft him and our lineup looks like Bennett, Vuc, and Harris, + Harkless and Nelson. That's a lot of spacing because all those guys can shoot. Harris and Bennett can do multiple things on offense. And defensively I like it too, because you know Bennett is going to be a 4. You can play Harkless and Harris because both are very athletic and have the potential to guard either 2 or 3, whatever the matchup dictates. His new draftexpress video is out and I like it very much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fmWXFy5amI

on a side note: Whenever we discuss players you always say something absolute, like your statement "Bennett is basically Paul Millsap w/o a motor." Like, what exactly does that mean? and why is that relevant? You're comparing a veteran player to a 20yr old and I just don't see the connection. If you mean specifically his defense, then yea it's something he needs to work on (mostly just effort). If it's rebounding, i'm indifferent since we have Vuc to gobble up most boards, and Harris who is a pretty good rebounder for his position. Bennett is a very good offensive rebounder which complements nicely.

Yea Ive had a tough time gauging Bennett. I mean he has a mans body and should be able to play a psychical game like Zach Randolph, but that's just not the style or the way he plays. Something about Bennett I just don't seem to really like idk, maybe the thought of another soft Canadian PF is it I'm not sure. I do think he could be a good player, but like you said he doesn't play physical enough especially defensively.

I wouldn't say soft... more so just lazy. Does that make it any better? :P

But that same characterization is exactly why it may be wise to shy away from Bennett - even though he may very well turn out as the best offensive player in this draft. Our front court appears to be soft/lazy enough as it is ;)

That being said, if the staff feels that he is the BPA, I can't much object to collecting assets.