Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

What about absorbing Thomas Robinsons Contract as a way to bolster our 4 spot with a young 22(?) year old player?

Is this an option/being talked about?

The fourth best option on a playoff is exactly what he is. With McLemore's shooting, atletisiscm, and ability to play within an offense I don't see him with that low of a ceiling.

Just like Corey brewer, Wes Johnson, rashad mccants, Jarvis Hayes, etc...

Robinson sucks, there's a reason he's about to be on his third team in less than a year.

Free chance to see for ourselves. Sometimes a change in scenery helps. There was a reason Tobias Harris was riding the bench. Right?

Yes. And I would be thrilled

What would we give them? I'd take a flyer on him. If nothing else, he's depth

Robinson sucks, there's a reason he's about to be on his third team in less than a year.

I disagree. When he got burn for a while before he was traded he was putting together a nice stretch of games. He can play. And we COULD use a 4 like TR. I don't even know if its a remote possibility but if we did it I would be on board with it.

Were trying to accumulate as much talent as possible and see who works and who doesn't. If you can get a top 5 pick from last years draft for next to nothing. You do it. If it works out, awesome. If not, who cares.

I personally think TR will be a solid NBA player.

• Upvote 1

Free chance to see for ourselves. Sometimes a change in scenery helps. There was a reason Tobias Harris was riding the bench. Right?

+1 billion for this.

If were going by the "Robinson" sucks logic because he hasn't played much, then that would have meant Harris sucked too.

Dude was a top 5 pick, bring him on. If he can't make it here with our young roster, than we can say he sucks.

I disagree. When he got burn for a while before he was traded he was putting together a nice stretch of games. He can play. And we COULD use a 4 like TR. I don't even know if its a remote possibility but if we did it I would be on board with it.

Were trying to accumulate as much talent as possible and see who works and who doesn't. If you can get a top 5 pick from last years draft for next to nothing. You do it. If it works out, awesome. If not, who cares.

I personally think TR will be a solid NBA player.

I agree completely with this logic

• Upvote 1

Just like Corey brewer, Wes Johnson, rashad mccants, Jarvis Hayes, etc...

If you are referring to the later part of my comment then all of those guys were much different prospects. Brewer has never been a shooter and doesnt have a comparable game. McCants is 6'2 and tends to think he is a dominant player when he is far from that. His biggest issue in college and now is he isnt a very intelligent player and takes many bad shots. Dudes just an idiot. Jarvis Hayes I don't think anyone ever projected him as anymore than a solid team guy. Wes Johnson is kinda interesting. He was kind of a do it all forward in the college who has become a do nothing sg in the pros.

And lets bring Thomas Robinson down here. That would be a good pick up.

Can someone explain why we need someone like Thomas Robinson. His FG% at the rim was lower than Bargnani's for crying out loud. The only thing he might be is a Kris Humphries clone but he doesn't appear to be smart enough to even get to that level given there was a report that when he got to training camp in Sacramento he was surprised that he had to watch game film in the NBA. He got by in college because he was bigger than everyone else.