Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

I dont see any free agents coming this year or next. Having said that if we get Bledsoe, draft BMac this year, Parker/Wiggins next, and Hark and Harris improve I could see a big name coming in 2015 if there is any big names in 2015?

If you build it... He will come.

tumblr_m8g2o5MssD1r3b51oo1_1280.jpg

Bledsoe would be a great player to add. We just need to wait until next year. I don't want anybody who might do something like win us a couple of games and knock us out of a top 3 pick in 2014.

Agreed, but Afflalo's value won't hold as his contract winds down.

Do you guys really think that ANY free agents are going to come to Orlando in the next couple years? The NBA has turned into a league where all the superstars want to play on the same team. I don't see it I am not trying to be negative just realistic. This team has to build through the draft and get superstars there.

Bledsoe is no superstar. He would come here in a second and take that playing time in a heartbeat.

We do not want any free agents anyway. That won't happen until 2014 maybe 2015. This is a 2-3 year rebuild and Bledsoe will do nothing to change that but at least we can see what he can be. You have him for 2 years at rookie wage anyway. Also I think Afflalo would thrive in LA. He loves playing there and his professionalism would rub off on those other guys.

Trade almost makes to much sense to happen anyway.

• Upvote 2

If what you are saying is true then just maybe we are rubbing off a little common sense. To me McLemore is clearly the pick unless he goes number 1. Burke is average at best. Otto Porter is going to suck. Oladipo is an energy guy with no offensive talent whatsoever. Bennett is a little interesting but not for my liking.

With Oladipo, I dunno - it seems like offense is a lot easier to teach a guy, especially if he has the basics down, than defense. I'd rather have a defense stopper whose offensive game needs work, than a guy that's done nothing but focus on offensive skills.

Do you guys really think that ANY free agents are going to come to Orlando in the next couple years? The NBA has turned into a league where all the superstars want to play on the same team. I don't see it I am not trying to be negative just realistic. This team has to build through the draft and get superstars there.

And I'm on board with this, too.

I mean, the last time we had a major signing was when we managed to get a max-paid, completely injured Grant Hill and a max-paid roleplayer from Toronto. Yes, McGrady panned out in fantastic fashion, but that was luck: we were going after Tim Duncan and Grant Hill and when Timmy went back to SA, Orlando was in a panic to throw that money at ANYONE.

I'm hard-pressed to think of any huge offseason signings that were actually in our favor. Most of our big names have arrived here via draft or trade.

Bledsoe is no superstar. He would come here in a second and take that playing time in a heartbeat.

And he could turn into superstar. You can't teach being an athlete, and you never know what could happen with him when he gets more minutes and a bigger role.

the new CBA will eventually make it difficult to form superteams due to things like the repeater tax penalties

With Oladipo, I dunno - it seems like offense is a lot easier to teach a guy, especially if he has the basics down, than defense. I'd rather have a defense stopper whose offensive game needs work, than a guy that's done nothing but focus on offensive skills.

Agreed oladipo is the better all around player if we don't draft him if the bledsoe trade goes through were retarded. Mclemore is cute but oladipo is a beast. Mclemore has a slightly better shot but oladipo can become more consistent and improve in the long run.

the new CBA will eventually make it difficult to form superteams due to things like the repeater tax penalties

That's true. Fortunately we shouldn't have to sign two max FA's to become contenders if we draft well this year and next. Say we get a solid starter this year, and a stud next year to add to a core of Harkless, Harris, and Vuc. We can then go out in the summer of 2015 and sign a guy like say Kevin Love and a mid-range FA and we will be set to compete

We do not want any free agents anyway. That won't happen until 2014 maybe 2015. This is a 2-3 year rebuild and Bledsoe will do nothing to change that but at least we can see what he can be. You have him for 2 years at rookie wage anyway. Also I think Afflalo would thrive in LA. He loves playing there and his professionalism would rub off on those other guys.

Trade almost makes to much sense to happen anyway.

Look for us to sign a vet good locker room guy. Need someone to help the young guys in day to day nba life.

I feel the exact opposite. I feel like you can teach defense. See SVG 2006-2012. Offense and stroke are typically not things that improve much.