Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

I think that the Smart desition is the correct for him (not for us). He will be much better next year and he will be probably, a late first rounder. But hw will a better player. Some people understimate the college years. he need one more there.

I definitely commemorate Smart for his decision, the guy has showed dedication to his team and dedication to becoming a better ball player. Although taking into consideration the 2014 draft class Marcus Smart's stock will not be lottery worthy in my opinion but then again he could have a stellar year next season.

Until I see otherwise, I see no reason why Smart won't still be a lotto pick in 2014. I respect his decision, says a lot about his character that he didnt let money control his decision.

It's really hard to take overseas ball seriously when T-Mac just averaged 25/7/5 out in China.

Saw heaps of him on TV when I was over in China. Every game his team lost by heaps because he shot just about everything.

Smart can shoot just not consistently, it's not like he has broken mechanics or chucks up air balls time and time again (see Harkless at the start of this year for an example of how shooting can be improved regardless) he is also a capable passer in the pick and roll. He does have a high turnover rate which is worrying but he also plays defense at a high level and despite his shooting troubles finds ways to score from the ft line or down on the block.

In an ideal world we could combine the two and have a tall strong tank of a player with the defense of smart and the offense of Burke.

This may be a non issue anyway if Smart doesn't declare for the draft.

He shoots exactly like Dwayne Wade....he does not have very good mechanics on his shot, i'm glad he went back to school

We are not serious are we?

Listen I'm a Michigan fan and can tell you that without the team contribution, Michigan would of been out before the sweet 16. Same with the Big10 playoffs. Same with the season.

You want a good gauge, look at the Syracuse tape where he struggled against length. Guess what the NBA has for days.... Length.

Half of those who criticize Nelson, do so based on height and length. Burke is shorter and weighs even less.

If Oklahoma State had Hardaway and Robinson, I'm sure Smart would of went further.

Does Smart have a NBA body... Yes. And drives through length to the rim.

Smart

Carter Willams

Burke

That's the 3 PG taken in the first

I did.

There are no syracuse zones in the NBA, it's a man to man league.

• Upvote 1

The season has come full circle and I end the season wanting the same prospect I wanted at the very start of the season, CJ McCollum.

Obviously that would require us to trade down but right now I'd move from 2nd pick to 7th or 8th pick just for a 2nd rounder. If we have to pick at 2 I'd take Burke, still don't know what I'd do at 1 if Noel comes up with some injury red flags from doctors.

Right now, my hunch is we'll be picking between Noel, Burke and Ben Mac.

Sticking by this assessment, especially with Smart staying at OKST. I could see McCollum being a sleeper.

• Upvote 2

Andy Glockner@AndyGlockner8hJust understand that Smart likely is passing on $9-10M guaranteed with this decision. Maybe he'll get that and more down the road, but damn.

Safe to say Smart isn't majoring in Finance or Economics? I sincerely hope he has a good injury insurance policy.