Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

For real. We leaned on Jameer hard last season, and he responded. He played more minutes per game, had a significant jump in assists per game, his second highest points per game average, and has been a stellar team player since he arrived.

plus, when asked, he didn't hesitate to say that his favorite superhero USED TO BE :superman:

All I know is that I'm super excited for Summer League...

...but we might really need to trade Afflalo and/or Davis so we don't win a little too much.

On the planet earth? Sixers just traded away their lone all star. Have you looked at their roster? Please research before commenting so I don't have to waste my time responding to you.

Evan Turner is probably their best player now. So yea. MCW will be their starting PG, Noel won't play for at least of the year. That leaves what Hawes, Nick young and Jason Ricardson? As it stands right now, we have a better roster than them. So, I'll ask you, what planet are you on? Oh I forgot maybe Royal Ivey and Kwame Brown all the sudden become All Stars for them.

Even without jrue they have more combined talent and chemistry than the magic do. You want to note injuries like we aren't going to suffer several of our own. Plus whatever mystery extension players will be given for not playing just like last season for the purpose of tanking. Maybe its you who should research our roster and history of injuries. We could very well be in the same boat as last year with 60% of our season relying on tobias for our offense. I like how you didn't mention the cavs. Who has one player that can dismantle three of our defenders on any given play. Im not trying to say that you arent right about most of the list. Maybe the sixers will drop out entirely but i wouldn't count them out on the latter half. Yes they could tank but, match these two teams with others on that list and they are winning 9 times out of ten. Considering most of the trash is in the list of bad teams also consider they are playing each other more than the western half. Think first before you try to go uber-wise-ass on somebody guy.

All I know is that I'm super excited for Summer League...

Everyone says that until right after the tip-off of the first game, then they remember how awful and boring the summer league is.

Geez...a quadruple post....

I've been reading the last few pages and I think you guys are selling the Magic WAAAAYYY too short. I realize the plan is to be bad for two seasons, score big in the 2014 draft, and then score big in 2014 free agency. Having said that, you guys are forgetting how many "close losses" we had last year and how many more wins we might have had early on if not for the injuries. We could have easily ended up with a win total in the high 20s.

All those rookies and 2nd year players we used last year are only going to be better and have more confidence. Add in a healthy BBD, a healthy Nelson (fingers crossed), and Oladipo, and this team could easily hit 30 wins.

Don't be so quick to think we are in the Wiggins/Smart sweepstakes.

But I do think that regardless of where we end up in the lottery next year, Hennigan and company are going to have us in a position to make major improvements in 2014.

My only problem is the chemistry the team presented was off like a car running on all cylinders. Every once in a while you saw it and then right to the crapper. To follow that we have a few more pieces changing and probably more to come once the season starts. Maybe I'll be wrong and they'll make a huge turn around this offseason. I would be elated being wrong. I don't want to be a negative nancy. Hedo made me this way.

Anyway, I agree with you on the meer point whole heartedly. I know he's not great but don't talk about our super loyal player like he's duhon. Jesus.

My only problem is the chemistry the team presented was off like a car running on all cylinders. Every once in a while you saw it and then right to the crapper. To follow that we have a few more pieces changing and probably more to come once the season starts. Maybe I'll be wrong and they'll make a huge turn around this offseason. I would be elated being wrong. I don't want to be a negative nancy. Hedo made me this way.

Anyway, I agree with you on the meer point whole heartedly. I know he's not great but don't talk about our super loyal player like he's duhon. Jesus.

Are you saying you thought we had poor team chemistry last year? If so I disagree. We had several key injuries throughout the year and lost a LOT of close games last season, which takes a toll on players and teams, but for the most part I was pleased with what I saw in terms of team chemistry and demeanor. Sure we had a few games where we didn't show up, but overall I thought the overall effort and chemistry were there on most nights...especially considering the amount of losing that took place. Also the fact that apparently all of our young guys have been killing the gym this off-season speaks to chemistry and will only help to improve it moving forward.

I hope our rookies get gobs of playing time and we still suck to an incredible degree. It would be horrible if we hit .500 and then just kind of sat there for a few years. I want a high (or several) pick in next year's draft, dammit.

Are you saying you thought we had poor team chemistry last year? If so I disagree. We had several key injuries throughout the year and lost a LOT of close games last season, which takes a toll on players and teams, but for the most part I was pleased with what I saw in terms of team chemistry and demeanor. Sure we had a few games where we didn't show up, but overall I thought the overall effort and chemistry were there on most nights...especially considering the amount of losing that took place. Also the fact that apparently all of our young guys have been killing the gym this off-season speaks to chemistry and will only help to improve it moving forward.

Ok, we can disagree but just to clarify I mean nothing in relation to personal attitudes. Just lack of time on the court together to a level that I believe that the change could be sosignificant that it will translate into more wins. (Holy sentence) Like I stated above I would happily be wrong but, it just takes a while for kids to develop. Let alone kids together with some bad eggs. By bad eggs I mean hedo and harrington.

Do any of you guys that get ESPN insider articles mind posting Chad Ford's analysis/draft grade for just the Magic? I'm curious to see it.

Do any of you guys that get ESPN insider articles mind posting Chad Ford's analysis/draft grade for just the Magic? I'm curious to see it.

There are rules against posting Insider articles, since it violates the entire point of ESPN having those articles behind pay walls.

This is your Captain speaking.

Please don't post ESPN Insider Articles on public forum threads. At all. "Free" articles should be limited to 3-4 paragraphs with a link provided to the original content. We like to avoid copyright infringement here.

Edited by Captain Hi-Top
Posting ESPN Insider Articles
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i don't know if anyone else noticed in HENNY's PRESSER, but i heard denton say something to the effect of "OH SNAP I SAW NICHOLSON AND THOUGHT I WAS AT THE GUN SHOW WITH HIS PYTHONS RIPPLING"