Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Our point guard play will be horrendous next year since Jameer is basically a corpse at this point. Don't worry, we're still gonna be tanking hard.

Sorry to disagree with you on two straight posts, BC, but Jameer as a corpse!?

C'mon!

That's wrong man!

Show some respect for the little man that wants to be on the Magic!

• Upvote 1

Geez...a quadruple post....

I've been reading the last few pages and I think you guys are selling the Magic WAAAAYYY too short. I realize the plan is to be bad for two seasons, score big in the 2014 draft, and then score big in 2014 free agency. Having said that, you guys are forgetting how many "close losses" we had last year and how many more wins we might have had early on if not for the injuries. We could have easily ended up with a win total in the high 20s.

All those rookies and 2nd year players we used last year are only going to be better and have more confidence. Add in a healthy BBD, a healthy Nelson (fingers crossed), and Oladipo, and this team could easily hit 30 wins.

Don't be so quick to think we are in the Wiggins/Smart sweepstakes.

But I do think that regardless of where we end up in the lottery next year, Hennigan and company are going to have us in a position to make major improvements in 2014.

• Upvote 2

I've been reading the last few pages and I think you guys are selling the Magic WAAAAYYY too short. I realize the plan is to be bad for two seasons, score big in the 2014 draft, and then score big in 2014 free agency. Having said that, you guys are forgetting how many "close losses" we had last year and how many more wins we might have had early on if not for the injuries. We could have easily ended up with a win total in the high 20s.

All those rookies and 2nd year players we used last year are only going to be better and have more confidence. Add in a healthy BBD, a healthy Nelson (fingers crossed), and Oladipo, and this team could easily hit 30 wins.

But I do think that regardless of where we end up in the lottery next year, Hennigan and company are going to have us in a position to make major improvements in 2014.

We had one of the league's easiest schedules early on last season, sure injuries happened but they weren't going to end up much better anyways.

We have really bad interior defense, we lack big scoring threats and outside shooting and we're likely to have problems with perimeter defense still. Oladipo isn't going to come in and shut down the NBA's best perimeter scorers from day one. Not to mention we have no bench (Nicholson is probably our best bench player and he can't rebound or defend). We're going to be a really bad team, but at least we have a direction and some roster flexibility. 25 wins is the max, but I'm thinking lower than that. I expect us to be in the same range as last year with my early prediction at 21-61.

• Upvote 1

Sorry to disagree with you on two straight posts, BC, but Jameer as a corpse!?

C'mon!

That's wrong man!

Show some respect for the little man that wants to be on the Magic!

For real. We leaned on Jameer hard last season, and he responded. He played more minutes per game, had a significant jump in assists per game, his second highest points per game average, and has been a stellar team player since he arrived.

• Upvote 1

On what planet are the Cavs or Sixers finishing worse than us.?

On the planet earth? Sixers just traded away their lone all star. Have you looked at their roster? Please research before commenting so I don't have to waste my time responding to you.

Evan Turner is probably their best player now. So yea. MCW will be their starting PG, Noel won't play for at least of the year. That leaves what Hawes, Nick young and Jason Ricardson? As it stands right now, we have a better roster than them. So, I'll ask you, what planet are you on? Oh I forgot maybe Royal Ivey and Kwame Brown all the sudden become All Stars for them.

• Upvote 2

Exactly what I said and people seem to think I'm crazy. As it stands with our current roster, I don't see how you can expect us to be as bad as the Bobcats, Suns, Sixers and Bucks.

We had one of the league's easiest schedules early on last season, sure injuries happened but they weren't going to end up much better anyways.

We have really bad interior defense, we lack big scoring threats and outside shooting and we're likely to have problems with perimeter defense still. Oladipo isn't going to come in and shut down the NBA's best perimeter scorers from day one. Not to mention we have no bench (Nicholson is probably our best bench player and he can't rebound or defend). We're going to be a really bad team, but at least we have a direction and some roster flexibility. 25 wins is the max, but I'm thinking lower than that. I expect us to be in the same range as last year with my early prediction at 21-61.

You need to account for the natural progression of solid NBA talent.

Exactly what I said and people seem to think I'm crazy. As it stands with our current roster, I don't see how you can expect us to be as bad as the Bobcats, Suns, Sixers and Bucks.

I think the Sixers will have a similar record to us, Suns, Bucks and Bobcats I can see being worse. Doesn't matter to me though, as long as we're in the hat for a top 5 pick I'm happy.

I'm not saying were not stiill a lottery team but if last years team won 20 games, I don't think it's "crazy" to predict next years team to win at MINIMUM 25, though If things stay the way they are I would predict 28-30 wins.

I actually think we're gonna be a lil bit better than that. Around 30 wins.

The Eastern Conference is really weak

RIGHT ON!!!