Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Just in watching and reading up on Noel he kind of sounds like Steven Hunter, am I way off on that comparison?

If Steven Hunter had a motor, much higher basketball IQ, and about 10x's the heart. They're both skinny as hell though...heck Hunter was probably bigger than Noel

If we go with Dipo, which I'm fine with although he's not a sexy pick, am I wrong for feeling disappointed if he's the only addition we make? I feel like if we could make a move and add Schroeder it would make this draft much more exciting. We really need a young PG with some talent to start grooming and I think Schroeder could be the steal of this draft in 3 years

If we go with Dipo, which I'm fine with although he's not a sexy pick, am I wrong for feeling disappointed if he's the only addition we make?

I would feel the same way

This is what Jameer said about McLemore:

In advance of the 2013 NBA Draft (open thread), ESPN Insider rounded up players representing each of the teams with a first-round selection and had them conduct a mock Draft. Jameer Nelson, picking second overall for the Orlando Magic, selected Kansas Jayhawks shooting guard Ben McLemore.

More NBA Draft coverage: Orlando Pinstriped Post SB Nation

"He's NBA-ready for the most part, and you can always use an athletic wing player that can get up and down the court and score the ball," Nelson, a Magic co-captain, said of McLemore. "He'll fit right in with core of young guys we have, and I'll be there to groom him."

Yes Evan Dunlap wrote this but its more for the Quote from Jameer than anything that looks good to me!!!

Does anyone know if we worked out Dennis Schroeder?

Not that I read about. With him pulling out of the combine and then having some not so good workouts, his stock has taken a hit. Granted he played well at the Nike summit... but it hasnt shown recently.

Possible he could drop to the second.

Noel's defensive metrics are awesome and next to Anthony Davis is probably one of the best defenders coming out of the NCAA in almost a decade. I have reservations about Noel's health but he's being seriously underrated by a lot of people.

Hassan whiteside and Damien Saunders also had fantastic metrics...

I don’t understand the hate for Len on this sight. The Nov 9th game against Kentuckyshould show you how much more he offers than Noel. Selecting Len and then offering him up fortrade will bring more talent to the magic than taking Noel. I was born, lived and grew up in Ky, Noelwon’t last a year against NBA talent, Len will. Just one persons opinion.

Ok, here we go. My final thoughts - I may miss the draft :(/>

I don't really want Oladipo. Yes, he's an awesome guy. Yes, he's a hard worker but... I don't think he's what we need. I think he will be a better overall player than McLemore but in my opinion, McLemore would be a much better fit in our team because of his shooting. If we have a backcourt of Bledsoe/Oladipo we're gonna have a lot of shooting problems. I don't like the way Oladipo is apparently the favorite for our pick

Moving on, I like Noel, but obviously I'm very scared of him. He's a naturally thin guy and the injury also scares me. But one thing is for sure, anyone could've torn their ACL on that play, his knee didn't give up because of chronic weakness, he basically ran into a wall. I like what he could bring to the table, we have horrible interior defense and he could help us there.

---

One scenario I would really like would be getting McLemore and then Julius Randle in 2014 (we may be too good to get Wiggins).

I think Randle would be the #1 pick in this draft easily, he's a beast.

I also want to get Bledsoe/Schröder

Randle looks like a sure thing. Jabari looks solid and like he his getting bigger! He is listed as a SF but I think He fills out a bit and can play the 4.

Just in watching and reading up on Noel he kind of sounds like Steven Hunter, am I way off on that comparison?

Oh man..lol.this hurts to remember.

But no, Noel was a highly touted high-school all american. This guy has incredible basketball skills and a very high IQ on the court.

Hunter was such a project and his on court IQ was poor. Also he did not have the motor that Noel has. Remember, Noel is a disruptor and steals the ball from wing players. He really is the top talent in this draft with ben Mac #2..IMO.

People post that they are scared of Noel's knees. It seems that a lot of people are afraid of things they do not understand. An ACL injury in todays game that was a result of a freak accident is not a reason to compare to a guy like Bynum. Totally different.

People are fighting over ponying up a max deal to D12 who could potentially have a reoccurring back injury - the worst possible injury an NBA player can have. I'd take an ACL tear over that all day long. Especially on a rookie contract. It's just not worth being scared of if you are the Magic and are rebuilding this year.

• Upvote 2