Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Updated draft lines still have Noel going first, but now have Oladipo going second to us. Just for fin i'm posting my predictions

(Times shown in Eastern Daylight Time)

Time CompetitorOdds Result NBA Draft - Who will be the 1st Pick

8:00p

Nerlens Noel 1/2

Alex Len 8/5

Victor Oladipo 8/1

Ben McLemore 10/1

Otto Porter 12/1

NBA Draft - Who will be the 2nd Pick

Victor Oladipo -125

Ben McLemore +175

Nerlens Noel +275

Trey Burke +700

NBA Draft - Who will be the 3rd Pick

Otto Porter -160

Anthony Bennett +150

Ben McLemore +550

Nerlens Noel +650

NBA Draft - Who will be the 4th Pick

Anthony Bennett 7/5

Alex Len 7/2

Otto Porter 4/1

Ben McLemore 9/2

Victor Oladipo 11/2

Nerlens Noel 13/2

NBA Draft - Who will be the 5th Pick

Victor Oladipo 5/4

Alex Len 3/1

Ben McLemore 5/2

Trey Burke 7/1

Anthony Bennett 4/1

NBA Draft - Draft Position - Kelly Olynyk

Over 18½

(EVEN)o

(-140)u

NBA Draft - Draft Position - C.J. McCollum

Over 9½

(-120)o

(-120)u

NBA Draft - Draft Position - Mason Plumlee

Over

17½

(-200)o

(+150)u

NBA Draft - How many non NCAA players will be drafted in the 1st Round?

D-League is a non NCAA Player

Over

(-140)o

(EVEN)u

NBA Draft - Draft Position - 1st Non NCAA player

Glen Rice Jr. is a non NCAA Player

Over

12½

(EVEN)o

(-140)u

NBA Draft - Draft Position - Glen Rice Jr.

Over

28½

(-140)o

(EVEN)u

I don't like this proposed Minny deal. For one, I'm not a fan of Derrick Williams. Two, the PF/SF position is the one where we have plenty of youth and upside. Where does Williams fit in? I'd rather just gamble on someone at #2 than take Williams and drop 7 spots and end up with a less talented player.

I'm with you. People are talking about filling out the roster, but with who? A bunch of D-league guys and players that won't be around in 3 years? No thanks.

Williams is serviceable but the 26th pick is most likely a non factor player, maybe you strike gold but history tells us that doesn't happen often.

You don't know what will be left there at 9.

Derrick Williams is irrelevant and offers nothing to the team. Not sure why everyone is continuing to talk about the guy. The number 2 pick this year isn't exactly a hot commodity.

I'm with you. People are talking about filling out the roster, but with who? A bunch of D-league guys and players that won't be around in 3 years? No thanks.

Williams is serviceable but the 26th pick is most likely a non factor player, maybe you strike gold but history tells us that doesn't happen often.

You don't know what will be left there at 9.

I know. I'm aware this draft is weaker at the top than normal, but seriously...Williams and 26 is still not worth the #2 pick IMO. Williams has not been impressive as a high pick and if he comes here, what do we do with him? We have Harris, Harkless and even Nicholson. Not to mention BBD if we can't move him. He's likely looking at 12-15 mpg as a backup to Harkless. Then the #26 pick is a longshot to contribute.

I'm down for moving back for a good deal, but I don't see anything from Minnesota realistically.

He said he would be stunned if a deal was made with LA tomorrow in response to a direct question involving named players from both teams that no competent GM would ever answer honestly. Do you have any idea how that would sit with his players if he said he was actively trying to move them and then nothing gets done? If you don't get that I don't really know what to tell you. He owes the media nothing, if they don't get that he's not showing his cards than they are complete morons. Face value? The day before the draft? Okay

Again, I wasn't suggesting he tip his hand and say he was trying to actively move this player or that player. I wasn't suggesting he say anything at all. I reiterate that there is no advantage for him to outright lie at a press conference. Saying nothing would be a much better alternative. He need not show any cards.

I assume he has his reasons for lowering expectations regarding a possible Bledsoe deal. Lying to the press just for the sake of being dishonest would not be one of them, though....

No one is interested in Siva in the 2nd round at 51? We will rue the day we passed on Siva if hes there and we dont pick him!!! :beatcomp: :panicworker:

http://www.nbadraft.net/2013mock_draft

Only way i could possibly live with another Kentucky player being draft by Magic is if we do in fact take Siva in the second. I would be one happy person if we took him in the second. Ive watched every game this kid has played in since coming here to Louisville. Everyone jumps on him about his size and shooting ability. Siva is not the best shooter but you do have to respect his jumper, and with his dedication to improve his jumper i would watch out. His speed is off the charts and is capable of more athletically then most think (which is scary). If i remember correctly he had the 2nd or 3rd highest vertical at the combine, just a couple inches shy of Larkin who was at 46 inches i think, Siva was well over 40.

The kid has his head on straight, and could be a huge steal IMO. His height (6'1" at combine with shoes) doesnt worry me too much with how athletic he is. As a late second, it would be pretty hard to pass up on a leader who is as dedicated and athletic as Siva. Siva will stick in this league and be a huge surprise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBNzqy1Va6k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl6M9CA2TvQ

No one is interested in Siva in the 2nd round at 51? We will rue the day we passed on Siva if hes there and we dont pick him!!! smile_beatcomp.gifsmile_panicworker.gif

Who is Peyton Siva?

Now there's reports that the Cave are in love with Oladipo and may consider him at #1. Could just be smoke because of the rumored trade offers that we're supposedly getting around the league. Oladipo is a pretty safe player so I could see the love for him. Its going to be very interesting tomorrow evening.

Now there's reports that the Cave are in love with Oladipo and may consider him at #1. Could just be smoke because of the rumored trade offers that we're supposedly getting around the league. Oladipo is a pretty safe player so I could see the love for him. Its going to be very interesting tomorrow evening.

So it is between Noel, Oladipo, and Len

Going to be interesting if Cleveland chooses one of them or pass on them

I like Siva but we already have Jameer and there's a chance we get Bledsoe/Schröder so I don't see the point

Jameer is at the end of his career. You draft a guy like Siva to develop him for down the road.

I like Siva but we already have Jameer and there's a chance we get Bledsoe/Schröder so I don't see the point

I only go Siva in late second if we do not get Bledsoe or pick up a PG in the first somewhere. No way I take Siva if we get a PG before second round rolls around. I would love to see Siva in a magic uniform. Just the Louisville fan in me coming out. I apolagize. I feel he's vastly underrated. That may be me being a homer or just that have watched everygame of his college career. I just see talent and a kid who will not give up and give you all he has. he will be a steal for whoever gets him and gives him a chance IMO. The kid works hard and is always in the gym. He was held back at Louisville in Pitinos system, he's more athletic then what his highlight tapes even show. For all those in awe of bledsoes athleticism, I think siva is every bit as athletic as Bledsoe, and faster. Everyone is aware of Sivas defensive ability or atleast should be, and Bledsoes jumper is not any better than Sivas. I would even say siva is a better ball handler and passer. If he is there and we have nnot picked up a PG I hope we give him a good long hard look.

I feel if in the right place Siva will have a better career than louisville teammate gorgui deing. Without siva we don't win the national title, no where close. He got to the rim and blew past michigan at will in the title game. He has been able to do that since coming to louisville. If siva dedicates time to improving his shooting which he has been and will continue to do so he could be a handful. When Siva worked at improving a specific area of his game in colleve he has always came outthe following season 10x better in that area. His work ethic is second to none, and I give a lot of credit to Pitino for installing in his brain that there is nothing he can't do and only he can hold hisself back. Thr kid has a big hesrt and a great mind. He went through a lot as a kid saving his dad from killing hisself when he was 13 and many other things. He is a leader and every thing you want in a PG in my eyes.