Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Apparently, Noel has a lot of off court issues regarding his handlers. There've been many incidents where his people have failed to call teams back, pushed back workouts, and messed with agents.

He's going to fall big time in the draft and it won't be because of his knee.

What do we mean by workouts here? Noel hopping around on one leg?

Not sure what to say to people who can't envision what Oladipo would do to the culture of this team.

Also not sure what to say to people who think Noel will be good.

I do not think anyone in this draft is going to turn around a team or its "culture." I think they will be a piece but that is really it. Anything less would be uncivilized.

If Oladipo reaches his massive defensive potential (obviously not guaranteed) I don't think it is farfetched to think he could be a game-changing, relentless wing defender (a la Tony Allen). Whether that is a "culture" changer I suppose it up for debate, and I realize I am probably overly confident based on what I've seen/read over the course of his career.

He's basically the one player in the draft I'm not worried about potentially becoming a complete and utter bust, and that's primarily based upon his already impressive defensive ability.

If Oladipo reaches his massive defensive potential (obviously not guaranteed) I don't think it is farfetched to think he could be a game-changing, relentless wing defender (a la Tony Allen). Whether that is a "culture" changer I suppose it up for debate, and I realize I am probably overly confident based on what I've seen/read over the course of his career.

He's basically the one player in the draft I'm not worried about potentially becoming a complete and utter bust, and that's primarily based upon his already impressive defensive ability.

I agree with all of this. Just wanted to add, if we're able to make the deal and add Bledsoe you could certainly be looking at one of, if not the best defensive backcourts in the league in the next 2-3 years. That would definitely be a change in culture.

I still can't jive with Oladipo at #2. He reminds me of Afflalo too much, or Sefalosha..guys that go outside of pick #10.

At #2, Noel or Ben Mac should be the pick IMO. A wildcard pick of Bennett if there was a Baby trade brewing could be cool too.

Noel has done shootaround workouts and is showcasing a rapidly developing 15 footer. Obviously that needs to be refined in the pressure situation of a game but if he can hit that shot consistently, he could become a B version of KG, which would be rather nice - especially if the Magic draft their wing star next year.

This also gives the team time to move Glenn Davis, as our starting lineup would most likely be Jameer or Bledsoe - Harkless at SG, Harris at SF, Baby and Vuc at least for the first half of the season.

Remember, Bledsoe was drafted by OKC in 2010 before being traded. Hennigan knows all about Eric's game, and obviously likes it enough to give him a shot for a year to prove himself.

If we're looking to change the culture, why not just draft Len?

TM4cW1E.jpg

Take it all in gentlemen...

I still can't jive with Oladipo at #2. He reminds me of Afflalo too much, or Sefalosha..guys that go outside of pick #10.

At #2, Noel or Ben Mac should be the pick IMO. A wildcard pick of Bennett if there was a Baby trade brewing could be cool too.

Noel has done shootaround workouts and is showcasing a rapidly developing 15 footer. Obviously that needs to be refined in the pressure situation of a game but if he can hit that shot consistently, he could become a B version of KG, which would be rather nice - especially if the Magic draft their wing star next year.

This also gives the team time to move Glenn Davis, as our starting lineup would most likely be Jameer or Bledsoe - Harkless at SG, Harris at SF, Baby and Vuc at least for the first half of the season.

Remember, Bledsoe was drafted by OKC in 2010 before being traded. Hennigan knows all about Eric's game, and obviously likes it enough to give him a shot for a year to prove himself.

No one other than Noel's potential jives at #2. That's why I hate this draft so much. It flat out sucks unless your picking around 9 or so you can enjoy picking up a sleeper or something.

After reading and watching, and more reading, I still can't come up with one single reason why Mac should be chosen over Dipo.

No one other than Noel's potential jives at #2. That's why I hate this draft so much. It flat out sucks unless your picking around 9 or so you can enjoy picking up a sleeper or something.

After reading and watching, and more reading, I still can't come up with one single reason why Mac should be chosen over Dipo.

Elite shooting.

The Magic run the Spurs offense, which will get Ben a lot of corner 3s. That also means they would prefer to push the pace and Ben excels in the open floor.

Ok, that's two. But the cailber of shooting is what excites me the most. You have to have a great outside shooter in today's NBA. The Magic do not currently have one.

• Upvote 2

The best part about Oladipo for him is he is in this draft. In a normal draft with elite talent he would probably go 8-15. Noel and McClemore have more game changing type skills although Noel scares the crap out of me. Having an elite shooter does wonders for an offense.

It will be awesome once the draft is over and we can move on to a new conversation. Plus the Dante and Gallante summer league broadcasts are pretty epic.