Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

For the first pick? Honestly I don't know if Henny would do it for a shot at Noel or Porter especially considering the possibilities out there with Houston and Dallas. You'd have to be fairly convinced that Porter is better than Harris, which I personally don't believe he is

JJ for the #1 pick in the draft essentially in a year when JJ could have left for nothing. (Feasable/reasonable but wont happen) Thats pure poetry from Henny and most of us had no clue at the time. Its why he is a gm and we are here! I will bet both my fuzzy peaches and even the frank Otis couldnt pull a trade like this on his best day. In fact Otis would still be kissing Dwights arse and adding useless players. As I said pre-season if the magic make the playoffs or Otis ever (and I do mean ever) is hired as a gm I would streak around the outside of the Amway center singing "Its raining men" The deal still stands....never never will that guy ever sniff employment on any nba club except maybe janitorial servicing.

Some people seem to be forgetting about OKC having a logjam issue when they had Jeff Green with Harden down at the 2, Durant at the 3, and Ibaka at the 4. Sometimes you have to flip those surplus assets into an asset at a weaker position down the road. Until then, you incubate the talent and see who's part of your core going forward and who's expendable. In OKC's case, Green was the expendable one. Ultimately, I think Harris will probably be moved. I think that maybe even Vucevic could be, as well, for financial reasons. But anyway, my point is that having a surplus of young talent is never a bad thing. Never.

However, I'm not saying we should take a SF this year. I'd rather take Noel or McLemore this year and take one of the elite SFs coming out next year, then worry about "having too many SFs" later on.

Doesn't seem like a logjam to me when u can slide Ibaka to the center, Green to the 4, Durant at 3, Harden at the 2 and Westbrook at 1... If they had that team today... They would win it all.

Doesn't seem like a logjam to me when u can slide Ibaka to the center, Green to the 4, Durant at 3, Harden at the 2 and Westbrook at 1... If they had that team today... They would win it all.

Indeed, knowing that they could have been great is what keeps me from rooting for them now :(

Here is a scenario I see playing out in my head.

The Cavs takes Porter (lol) at #1

We trade with the bobcats from #2 to #4 and maybe a future pick. They take Noel

Washington takes Bennett at #3

Then we take BMac at #4

Maybe I'm thinking about to much but that would gain us an extra pick and still get a player worth taking at #2. They only thing is someone might trade with Washington to get the 3rd pick and grab him.

Here is a scenario I see playing out in my head.

The Cavs takes Porter (lol) at #1

We trade with the bobcats from #2 to #4 and maybe a future pick. They take Noel

Washington takes Bennett at #3

Then we take BMac at #4

Maybe I'm thinking about to much but that would gain us an extra pick and still get a player worth taking at #2. They only thing is someone might trade with Washington to get the 3rd pick and grab him.

I could get behind this.

Some people seem to be forgetting about OKC having a logjam issue when they had Jeff Green with Harden down at the 2, Durant at the 3, and Ibaka at the 4. Sometimes you have to flip those surplus assets into an asset at a weaker position down the road. Until then, you incubate the talent and see who's part of your core going forward and who's expendable. In OKC's case, Green was the expendable one. Ultimately, I think Harris will probably be moved. I think that maybe even Vucevic could be, as well, for financial reasons. But anyway, my point is that having a surplus of young talent is never a bad thing. Never.

However, I'm not saying we should take a SF this year. I'd rather take Noel or McLemore this year and take one of the elite SFs coming out next year, then worry about "having too many SFs" later on.

I always saw Harris coming off the bench in a 6th man role playing minutes at the 3 and 4 spot, like Toni Kukoc did at Chicago. Sure his not as tall as Kukoc but he is a lot bigger.

I always saw Harris coming off the bench in a 6th man role playing minutes at the 3 and 4 spot, like Toni Kukoc did at Chicago. Sure his not as tall as Kukoc but he is a lot bigger.

Harris was good off the bench but he does not have scottie pippen in front of him so I would keep him as a starter.

I don't feel like going back to find the quote but is that guy who says you don't draft for talent so that you don't stack positions serious? You take talent over need almost everytime and keep doing so until you strike gold. Who cares how good Mo or Toby are because neither are elite. Lets say hypothetically we draft Otto Porter and he is the ****. Now we have ourselves an all star and a valuable trade piece where if we play our cards right we turn into an allstar or another player who does fill a need.

• Upvote 1

That team wouldn't win anything.

They're undersized at the 4 and 5 and have almost zero post defense (Ibaka is a good shot blocker but he's not a good post defender, see the Memphis series). Harden wouldn't start for the same reason that he didn't start while he was there; because he can't guard a flagpole and doesn't get enough touches on offense to make up for his defensive liability.

That team wouldn't win anything.

They're undersized at the 4 and 5 and have almost zero post defense (Ibaka is a good shot blocker but he's not a good post defender, see the Memphis series). Harden wouldn't start for the same reason that he didn't start while he was there; because he can't guard a flagpole and doesn't get enough touches on offense to make up for his defensive liability.

Miami Heat are small too but I see your point, some teams just counter other teams. How many teams how a 4-5 combo like the Memphis that can just pound you inside? Just Memphis?

Maybe Harden wasn't the best fit for the starting line up or the Thunder in general, but just based on raw talent they could have achieved something much better if they were able to stay together. How many team

Miami Heat are small too but I see your point, some teams just counter other teams. How many teams how a 4-5 combo like the Memphis that can just pound you inside? Just Memphis?

Maybe Harden wasn't the best fit for the starting line up or the Thunder in general, but just based on raw talent they could have achieved something much better if they were able to stay together. How many team

Indiana is the only other team that comes to mind, but yeah...its not exactly a power league at the moment.