Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Don't forget Davis at the 4

Meer/Burke

Harkless/Moore

Harris/?/Turk

Baby/Nicholson/Harrington

Vuc/O'Quinn

I'd like to keep Baby but move AA, Turk & Harrington (both have buyouts and would be desireable for teams trying to get under for a decent SF and a 4/5 combo player if we don't get one in the draft... the problem with this lineup is that we may win too many games and miss the lotto.

If we keep and start Baby, then that lineup might put us in the 30 win range. Sure the Wizards jumped to three, but personally I think we want to 'tank' one more season to ensure another top four or five pick to and us a top talent like Wiggins, Parker, Randle, Smart, Vonleh etc.

Plus Baby shoud have good value. So I think we will try and trade him and AA at some point, and try to find someone to take Turk and Harrington, and if no one oes, cut them. For me, we'll say young next season.

Happy with second, def a certain amount of letdown not getting the No1 and watching Cleveland get it again but I think most would agree they would be shocked if Cleveland did not select Noel or Porter, which for us is great. I like Noel but his knees are such a question mark, and porter isn't a need for us. BRING ON B-MAC!!! Worse case, Burke. I'm happy. And we save some cash.

His knees, wait, and lack of offense

I have no doubt Burke will be able to score in the NBA, just don't see him as a great passer or great defender and that's why I'm so against him. Call me crazy (which most people probably have lol), but I'm sick of having a PG who gets it handed to him every night on the defensive end. That's a big thing to me. Defense starts at the point. And when our center is Vuch (who isn't much of a defensive presence), we need a PG who can stop penetration from opposing PG's. With Vuch our center and Burke our Point, we will never be a good defensive team, ever.

I wonder what made you say he is not a great passer. His numbers show different and they say vision is his best strength. I think he will play better defense than nelson because of his length. Nelson would allow ways get shot over - even when in position. Burke can do better at getting a hand up. He was 2nd on the team in blocks.

Having players like harris help him bring up the ball, he can use more energy on the defensive side.

Because they have fully functioning eyeballs and already know he's a leader. If you don't think they've already done their homework on him then you probably shouldn't participate in this conversation.

They called burke's high school last month.

i was all excited to come to work and read the magic message boards but you guys pissin and moaning kinda kills it. Let's get back to some productive talks

the mavs have already said they want to trade their pick so they have more money to throw at dwight. how about we trade them turk for marion, carter, #13? they could cut turk and rookie salary, saving about $7mill. Or we could just take a contract with our TE I guess. Either way I would love to walk outta this draft with a mclemore/schoeder or burke/pope combo.

how funny would it be if dwight is still (unintentionally) gaining us assets

i was all excited to come to work and read the magic message boards but you guys pissin and moaning kinda kills it. Let's get back to some productive talks

the mavs have already said they want to trade their pick so they have more money to throw at dwight. how about we trade them turk for marion, carter, #13? they could cut turk and rookie salary, saving about $7mill. Or we could just take a contract with our TE I guess. Either way I would love to walk outta this draft with a mclemore/schoeder or burke/pope combo.

Good post, baller. Agree

Yeah, trading with Dallas has been mentioned before and would be one of my favorite outcomes.

I want to get an extra 1st rounder, even if it means giving ours away

OR

Trading our #2 for Minny's #9 and Derrick Williams

In a draft like this where there isn't a great drop off in talent throughout the draft from lotto to late 1st I'd be completely happy trading out of our pick to grab extra picks. I could see multiple deals happening to be honest as more teams try and free up capspace (Dallas, Atlanta etc) and other teams try to move up to get the guys they want. Hennigan has set us up to get in the mix with all of these deals with the TPE's and hopefully we can take advantage and leave this draft with more assets than we have going in.

I think you should quit while you're ahead.

perhaps you should do more research into the hennigan front office, they do massive background checks on as many players as they can down to the smallest details. they already know alot about burke/mclemore/noel etc