Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

I read a mock on bleacher (not a great site, I know), and they had the T-Wolves trading their pick, plus Derrick Williams and Greg Shiemsma for the Bobcats pick and Tyrus Thomas. The T-Wolves take McLemore nd the Bobcats take Len. So it got me thinking, would we consider the same deal if we gave them Big Baby and our pick for their pick, Derrick Williams and Shiemsma?

Williams would be an excellent addition at small forward and would push Harkless to move. At the PF we have Harris and Nicholson, and at C we have Vučević, O'Quinn and Shiemsma. At the guards we have Nelson and AA. So that would allow us to take a PG like McCollum, Schroeder or MCW; or a SG like Oladipo, Bazz or Caldwell-Pope. Granted they are projects, but a few of them have decent ceilings. So if Henny isn't sold on Noel, McLemore or Burke, then trading back for this type of deal could be an option.

I've wanted to see Derrick Williams in Orlando for a while now, I'd take him for anyone not named Harris, Harkless or Vucevic. I want Jameer to retire here but that shouldn't be a priority

I'd still draft Noel though and rest him during the entire season. With Derrick, Harris and Harkless, missing on Wiggins/Parker wouldn't hurt us too much.

I've wanted to see Derrick Williams in Orlando for a while now, I'd take him for anyone not named Harris, Harkless or Vucevic. I want Jameer to retire here but that shouldn't be a priority

I'd still draft Noel though and rest him during the entire season. With Derrick, Harris and Harkless, missing on Wiggins/Parker wouldn't hurt us too much.

That's what I thought. Williams/Harkless at small forward, and Harris and Nicholson at power forward has a lot of potential. Plus if we did miss out on a top two pick and didn't draft a PG this year, then we'll have a good chance to grab Smart.

Personally I think AA or Baby plus our pick for the T-Wolves pick and Williams I think has good value. Granted it would mean missing out on Noel, McLemore and perhaps Burke. But I think the acquisition of Williams and someone like Bazz, Oladipo etc could more than make up for it.

That said if we stayed and picked one of Noel, McLemore or Burke, then we could still shift Baby and/or AA in exchange for Williams. Best of both worlds then.

JoshuaBRobbins #Magic's contingent at the Draft Combine includes coach Jacque Vaughn and lead asst coach James Borrego. Drills underway.

JoshuaBRobbins #Magic's contingent at the Draft Combine includes coach Jacque Vaughn and lead asst coach James Borrego. Drills underway.

I'm glad we're actively including the coaching staff in the process.

Centers coming up at the combine, lots of guys to look at who could increase their draft stock.

EDIT: Shabazz struggled in workouts but I liked what he said in an interview regarding choosing to compete in the workouts (unlike some other top guys) "I'm just out here to compete, I'm not hiding from anybody."

Watching the combine is the first time I have watched Tony Snell shoot. He has a nice shot and could be a big sleeper mid-late first round.

Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress 1m

No one can score on Rudy Gobert inside the paint. Block, deflections, steals. Changing everything around the rim. #nbacombine

Guy's a riser. He's going to measure well undoubtedly and I think he's a top 10 pick.

Too many agents are holding their guys out from these workouts today. Zeller and Plumlee have both said their agents told them not to compete. For me that says "we don't want everybody in the NBA to know you can't hit a jump shot to save your life"

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 10m

Otto Porter has interviewed with Charlotte, Phoenix and OKC. Says he looks at Cleveland, Phoenix and Orlando as being the best fit.

still don't see how Porter will get consistent minutes here with Harkless and Harris on the roster

Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress

Shabazz Muhammad really struggling so far. Shots not falling and couldn't create much in the one on ones. Did compete defensively, though.

is there any evidence that Shabazz is actually good at basketball