Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Burke is a pretty good defender if the game is called correctly.

Disagree completely. I've watched guys who have no business being anywhere near an NBA court beat him off the dribble and get to the hoop.

Disagree completely. I've watched guys who have no business being anywhere near an NBA court beat him off the dribble and get to the hoop.

It was in reference to the blown call on his block in the championship game. Wasn't a serious post.

It was in reference to the blown call on his block in the championship game. Wasn't a serious post.

Ahhh that flew straight over my head lol

On a different topic I have that little faith in this draft that I'd trade our pick to the Cavs for their 19th pick, their 2nd round pick and our 2 2nd rounders back.

Here's a curve ball I've been thinking about...

Given Henny's history with SA's strategy and players like Parker and Ginobili, would it surprise you if he traded back to dump a contract and then drafted Dennis Schroeder? Getting crazy! rollbaby.gif

Burke to me is still the single safest pick in the draft despite how it seems I consistently oppose drafting him (I don't... At all.). His progress between his 1st and 2nd year of college was significant and if he keeps up that level of development (I'm not sure he will) he could easily be a top 10 PG. At very worst (no improvement at all) he could easily play a role like Kirk Hinrich or Beno.

Besides his defense my biggest uncertainty is his ability to get into the lane without using a screen. I'd be interested to know if any teams in college tried to trap him up top when the pick was set and how he handled it.

I think burke's floor is a longer & better passing Nelson or Mo Williams

His ceiling is terral brandon/mark price/stephen curry

In his latest big board update Chad Ford says a number of teams (including the Magic) are considering Burke with the number 1 pick

Need is a big part of this. If Noel is not going to be completely healthy then at the end of the day Burke is better than an ageing Nelson while we don't have the security on the other top prospects IMO! (I don't want this being an AA sucks/can Harkless play the 2 debate, I've had enough of them).

Need is a big part of this. If Noel is not going to be completely healthy then at the end of the day Burke is better than an ageing Nelson while we don't have the security on the other top prospects IMO! (I don't want this being an AA sucks/can Harkless play the 2 debate, I've had enough of them).

with no sure number one, I can easily see why teams would go need. guards with burke's ability to limit turnovers, control pace, make others better, score, and create offense is hard to come by at 20yrs old. Normally you hear of scoring guards or the rare pure pg, but burke fits both bills. With small ball taking over the league, guards are at a high premium. If we could see workout by noel. It would be different but with two knee injuries, it is a hard sell.

If we grab a pg, we could go Wiggins, parker, randle, Arron Gordan, young, or smart (for sg) in 2014.

On a different topic I have that little faith in this draft that I'd trade our pick to the Cavs for their 19th pick, their 2nd round pick and our 2 2nd rounders back.

that would be an awesome (dream) deal for us. Perhaps reality if we get the 1st pick...

Given Henny's history with SA's strategy and players like Parker and Ginobili, would it surprise you if he traded back to dump a contract and then drafted Dennis Schroeder? Getting crazy! rollbaby.gif

Id love that.

I just read up on this guy and Draft Express would make it sounds like he has a higher ceiling than Burke with great court vision, longer wingspan, and a "lightning quick" first step. Why is he only ranked #19 on the big boards?