Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Definitely interesting developments here with Smart. Ten or so years back, our FO would have loved an Antonio Daniels type...

probably shouldn't put too much into Smart coming back if nbadraft.net is the only source, they have literally made up stuff in the past. One time they had a 'scout' that knew about all the meds that DeMarcus Cousins was apparently on.

and to no surprise Smart said the report was BS

A source told me Friday night that Smart laughed off the report, confirming that he’s still committed to being a Cowboy.

And that only makes sense, considering the tone of Smart’s portion of the press conference when he, Markel Brown and Le’Bryan Nash all declared their intent to return to OSU for next season.

http://newsok.com/smart-rumors-shot-down/article/3803862

I have come to the conclusion that noels is too high of a risk; if we get the top pick.

The worst thing that could happen to us is that we waste this pick on a player that stays hurt or never come back full from injury. The worst record in the league for nothing. Even if noel comes back, he is still a project that needs major develop.

My new big board after the smart un-smart drop out of the 2013 draft is:

Burke

Bmack

Noels

victor

otto

Burke's 6"5 wingspan and overall pg skills have won me over. He will be able to challenge shots better than nelson on defense. plus he will take care of the ball and get our young players the ball to scorer easy buckets. His vision, deadly shot, and handles will make him a stud.

I have come to the conclusion that noels is too high of a risk; if we get the top pick.

The worst thing that could happen to us is that we waste this pick on a player that stays hurt or never come back full from injury. The worst record in the league for nothing. Even if noel comes back, he is still a project that needs major develop.

My new big board after the smart un-smart drop out of the 2013 draft is:

Burke

Bmack

Noels

victor

otto

Burke's 6"5 wingspan and overall pg skills have won me over. He will be able to challenge shots better than nelson on defense. plus he will take care of the ball and get our young players the ball to scorer easy buckets. His vision, deadly shot, and handles will make him a stud.

I don't like Burke with the first pick at all. If we can trade down and pick up an asset or dump a salary I'm fine with us taking him, but I don't see him going first overall if we end up with the pick. I'm pretty confident someone in the top 5 will want Noel enough to move up and allow us to select Burke in their slot, if he's our guy...which I'm not sure he is.

I don't like Burke with the first pick at all. If we can trade down and pick up an asset or dump a salary I'm fine with us taking him, but I don't see him going first overall if we end up with the pick. I'm pretty confident someone in the top 5 will want Noel enough to move up and allow us to select Burke in their slot, if he's our guy...which I'm not sure he is.

I agree. I dont want burke at 1 but I do want burke from this draft. I think he has the best chance at being the best player in this draft. He would make the most impact on our team. I would take a good second in this draft and the ablity to swap picks in the future; in exchange for noels to get burke.

noel seems really fragile.

Smart - don't let them dream die yet. From what I am hearing, the Magic talked to some agents and said they would take him. So if the ping pong balls fall to where the Magic draft #1 or #2, he will have some thinking to do around late May. For now, yes, he will laugh off all rumors.

The Magic love his character and work ethic. They think the draft is void of potential star players, but believe he could be one. They also would use this year to help develop his PG skills by playing him next to Jameer at times so either player could run point.

Smart has the ability to develop as an NBA PG under Vaughn and take the reigns by 2014/2015 season. Or, he could stay in school. Either way, high character guy, hard worker. Exactly what the Magic want here.

I thought draft eligibility is done?

You are right..I heard there was a loophole to this, but honestly I'd rather just accept that the dream is dead, and it died on Sunday.

I do know the Magic made sure to let Smart know through different channels that they would take him.

He could wait out next years draft too and come in as a top pick in 2015 plus be close to getting or actually get a degree.

Maybe that is his intention.

I just like Hennys aggression in trying to get this guy.