Sign in to follow this  
TheJambo

Dooling our new big PG!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by JAVIER:

HEY dont be to exited about dooling.

he is better defender than Arroyo but did you saw the numbers in thi game?

21 min. 2 asist 4 points 3 to

Hello we have defeted the jazz before with better numbers from Arroyo.

and I forgot the 4 to of jemeer .

Arroyo also have more control of the ball than dooling.

I understand that Carlos is not playing good but remember that this isnt our 1rst victory.

Javier, also in that game the jazz were home and well rested. It seems the JameerHoward combo will remain untouched and Otis has made his move to obtain some more funds for next year.

Dooling was very impressive. He looked a lot like Daryl Armstrong out there (a change of pace, in your face PG).

I still would like to see this type of play continue for several games before we start declaring that we're on to something. Don't forget, Dooling is very injury prone with all his little nagging ailments.

Then again, maybe Dooling wants to make a case for staying in Orlando. He and JJ definitely looked good out there together.

My question is...How in the heck are we going to deal Arroyo? He hasn't been good anywhere in the NBA and makes 4 million plus.

Dooling is not a starting PG, but he was a more effective backup because he is much more of a changeup from Jameer than Carlos is.

With either Hedo or Grant on the floor we did not need always need a true PG. Both can be very effective playing a Point Forward role.

quote:
My question is...How in the heck are we going to deal Arroyo? He hasn't been good anywhere in the NBA and makes 4 million plus.

Smacky, I am so sorry that is taking your sleep away. Thank you for your concern about Carlos well being! You will be seeing him again in the regional elimination against the USA soon, so just be patient.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

A lot of teams need a scoring PG (Cleveland badly needs one), considering he will have an expiring contract next year. I could see someone gambling that he could be a better fit for them. If he does not work out, his expiring contract will still have worth for them.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

he has an expriring deal, even pat will have some value next season

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

A lot of teams need a scoring PG (Cleveland badly needs one), considering he will have an expiring contract next year. I could see someone gambling that he could be a better fit for them. If he does not work out, his expiring contract will still have worth for them.

But wait, I though he was a pass first PG? {scratching head}

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

Smacky, I am so sorry that is taking your sleep away. Thank you for your concern about Carlos well being! You will be seeing him again in the regional elimination against the USA soon, so just be patient.

This thread is about Dooling's success as our new backup point guard and you want to bring up what Arroyo is going to do in international play in two years? Ha, that's comical.

I dont like Dooling setting up the offense, I think we should use Grant Hill a little more to do that, but I LOVE Dooling playing defense on the other teams PG. He really disrupted what the Jazz wanted to do on offense. It took them longer to get set up, and in many cases they never did. His pressure on Deron Williams led to some other great defensive plays by Ariza.

And thank you for pushing the ball, Coach Hill. You have 2 6'8 guys that can handle the ball and pass, several speedy guards, and a uber-athletic Center.

By the way, Dwight is one of the best outlet passing big men in the game.

I don't care who runs what in any position just as long as they get the bloody job done and its a pleasure to see the workman like characteristic that I find in Dooling.

In the status of this team I would have it believe that the last thing we should be talking about is whether he is better coming off the bench. This team has been nothing but terrible for the past month.

Its a pleasure to see a little bit of will and desire from a few characters in this game. And hopefully those labelled leaders can take a leaf out of there book.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

Dooling is not a starting PG, but he was a more effective backup because he is much more of a changeup from Jameer than Carlos is.

That's so true, nole (btw GO GATORS!), Nelson and Arroyo both have very similar games. They enjoy dominating the ball and making decisions on where the ball is going to go. Neither of them are very good at ball movement b/c they prefer to look for their own shot.

Dooling is drastically different from them both and will cause quite a lot of havoc coming off the bench. If coach Hill can get his rotations down to where Dooling ends up defending the other team's starting pg for a good chunk of the game, such as last night, it will be even more effective.

If Nelson can pick up his offense, they can be a darn good offense / defense switch up during games. Of course, Nelson hasn't had a good game since the Spurs game, so we'll just have to wait and see...