Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

Heat seem willing to give up Haslem...

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I just thought of a way this might work. If Miami uses their vet minimum to sign a player like, oh I don't know, Eddie Jones. Then we use our vet minimum to sign PJ Brown.

We deal them PJ/Turk/Arroyo for Haslem & a draft pick (???).

They get a PF that can fill the void left by Haslem. They also basically get to use two vet minimum contracts. On top of that, they get Turk & Arroyo that can fill important roster spots for them.

We get Haslem & future considerations.

How would either team turn down this deal?

This is the kind of **** Otis needs to think of and explore.

REPOSTING

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

I just don't think Miami will help us at all. Haslem would be huge for us. Arroyo or Turk would not be as big for them.

Pat Riley rather give him up to a team in the West and receive crap than give him to SVG..

AGREED

Haslem would start probably....

I think that would move our players around a bit.....Depending on who is traded and who stays, the lineup would be changed.

Things is that it also depends on what style they want to play. If they are looking into being like Phoenix and Golden State, we need smaller athletic guys running up and down the court. I think if this is the case we will see Lewis and Turk starting together....Maybe trying to outscore the opponent and play decent defense.

haslem would start definately...he can run too...

i still think that riley may bite if we throw in a future first. the heat are slowly rebuilding starting this year, you will see. an exp. deal along with a future first and a player that fits a need and puts butts in the seats is a good deal for haslem. (i am speaking of arroyo, btw)

both sides win!

riley is the gm, he has to play the business aspect, too. he didnt gain anything from svg leaving, thats why he pitched a fit. he would benefit greatly from the haslem deal...