Sign in to follow this  
MilitaryMagic

Welcome to consistent minutes, JJ and Keyon!

Actually it was pretty obvious that Ariza never passed the ball to JJ but did you notice JJ passing to Ariza on the fast break! JJ is a comsumate team player. He will do what it takes to win. But the team still has to make him part of the offense. Hie said after the game that he didn't have too many looks. I agree but his play made a difference in many ways.

I want JJ to shoot the ball more than anyone but teams are plotting for him. His defender doesn't let JJ leave the sight, and that's what you should do vs. shooters. To get him more involved, we gotta set good picks to set him up off the screen. Hopefully we'll see some in the next game.

I can't help but wonder who made the decision for Keyon and JJ to play. It is very much unlike Brian to make these kinds of changes. He hasn't shown any inclination all year to use Dooling at PG, and has obviously despised the times where he has been forced into a situation to play JJ. Now he suddenly chooses them as his backup guards?

I'm not buying it.

I'm thinking Otis laid the law down.

For the portion I heard last night on 740, Otis sounded genuinely angry. Of course, I would be angry too if I had to answer some of the idiotic questions that he was being asked, especially by Shot.

When 740 let Daniels go, they let go of the only guy on their staff who could actually hold a decent interview. O'Neil is an awful interviewer, too.

How bad is it when the best interviewer you have now is Sileo? Sad.

Unfortunately, I can't handle listening to Terry Bowden. It sounds like I'm listening to 'The World of Sports According to Gomer Pyle'.

quote:
Originally posted by oldmagicfan:

Actually it was pretty obvious that Ariza never passed the ball to JJ but did you notice JJ passing to Ariza on the fast break! JJ is a comsumate team player. He will do what it takes to win. But the team still has to make him part of the offense. Hie said after the game that he didn't have too many looks. I agree but his play made a difference in many ways.

well, hey shooting don't make it to highlight reels. thats why JJ tends to be part of the lob-pass in every alley-oop

* this post is not to be taken seriously, although it is nothing but the truth*

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

I want JJ to shoot the ball more than anyone but teams are plotting for him. His defender doesn't let JJ leave the sight, and that's what you should do vs. shooters. To get him more involved, we gotta set good picks to set him up off the screen. Hopefully we'll see some in the next game.

This is the primary flaw in JJs game that concerns me.

He does not have the ability to free himself of his defender on his own. That is a major problem.

I love his game, his team-first attitude, etc., but I've seen many great shooters not make it in this league simply because they can't get open.

The best example I can think of is Rick Mount (best shooter I've ever seen), but that is before many of you were born.

But this part of the game hasn't changed. It doesn't matter how good of a shooter you are; if you can't get open to receive a pass and take your shot, your primary skill becomes nullified.

Running screens for him is a good idea, but if he requires a screen to get open, he is going to have very limited success at this level.

I agree with you 100% Mr. Charisma. I think it is pretty obvious bhill received orders from someone and the obvious is Otis. The interesting fact will be if he continues to play the same team with the same rotation. I believe it is the only way for bhill to save his job. These guys run there way to enough victories Bhill will survive.

I hear ya Mr. Charisma but I differ with JJ not making his own shot. Even Goukas couldn't understand why they didn't pass him the ball when he was wide open. The one time he broke free under the basket on an inbouds play and our guy just looked at him and threw out front? What was that! And the fast breaks that Ariza took himself etc. He is the type of player that always has to prove that he is as good as he is. And he always does. Poor defense? Looked very very solid last night with a couple poke aways and more. If he would of played in 65 straight games we would not be having debates on his skills only betting how many he is going to ring up next game.

Longdfan, I did not see last night's game, so I was not referring to anything I saw in this particular game. It's just a general observation from what little we've seen of him during the year (thank you for that, Napoleon).

I agree that his defense is much more solid than was originally advertised, so I don't see that as being a major issue.

I'm hoping and believing that he is going to be a solid player for us for years to come.

I was voicing a concern, not a prediction.

mr. c i beg to differ on jj. like most said they dont pass him the ball why. i would like to know the answer from brian hill. jj can get open and can drive but does not force it now like many others do and just turn it over. he is a bigger person and a smarter player. lets put the blame where it belongs. ariza,carlos,jameer,and especially dwight dont pass to jj or darko why??????jacklj

first off IT'S ABOUT FRIGGIN TIME

Second yea jj is usually hounded but did you see the easy lay-ins, and time that dwight had to turn face the basket. He must have felt like the game was in slow motion

I wouldn't be suprised at all if JJ didn't play the next game. I'm not willing to trust Brian Hill with anything just yet. Not after one game.