Sign in to follow this  
MilitaryMagic

Welcome to consistent minutes, JJ and Keyon!

A while back I made a thread called "Cutting the Fat: Bogans or Dooling?" and basically said that one of those two had to sit out in games for the Magic to get continuity.

I, being the enlightened Magic fan that I am, said that Bogans should sit and that I liked Dooling's energy.

Score one for Dooling (and me).

Next, I can quote Redick talking with Paul Kennedy after the game:

Paul: "So did you know that you were going to be getting big minutes tonight?"

Redick: "(short pause) Yea, I actually did because coach told me this morning to be ready to play tonight. He told me I was going to be the backup shooting guard."

Score one for Redick.

In fact, score one for the Magic. For far too long we've been dealing with this logjam at guard, right? It's been this hurdle, an obstacle, a barrier to playing good lineups, a reason why we always seem incapable on the perimeter. And now it's finally been cleared.

And it sure as heck isn't a bad thing! What harm can there really be in benching two... ummm.. bench players. It's one thing to pull Nelson out and sit him for Diener. It's a wholly different move to sit two players that never contribute to W's. May our coach have the cajones (for once) to stick with this move for a while and not give in to changing things back after a couple games.

A while back I made a thread called "Cutting the Fat: Bogans or Dooling?" and basically said that one of those two had to sit out in games for the Magic to get continuity.

I, being the enlightened Magic fan that I am, said that Bogans should sit and that I liked Dooling's energy.

Redick: "(short pause) Yea, I actually did because coach told me this morning to be ready to play tonight. He told me I was going to be the backup shooting guard."

Score one for Redick.

In fact, score one for the Magic. For far too long we've been dealing with this logjam at guard, right? It's been this hurdle, an obstacle, a barrier to playing good lineups, a reason why we always seem incapable on the perimeter. And now it's finally been cleared.

And it sure as heck isn't a bad thing! What harm can there really be in benching two... ummm.. bench players. It's one thing to pull Nelson out and sit him for Diener. It's a wholly different move to sit two players that never contribute to W's. May our coach have the cajones (for once) to stick with this move for a while and not give in to changing things back after a couple games.

There are many on this board that this board that say Keyon Dooling sucks but I always thought that Keyon was a inconspicuous talent.

Athleticism, a point guard instead of shooting guard, and that annoying defense proves to be a formidable combination that many have failed to see or did they?! HhHHmmmmmmmm........

Furthermore, now that Keyon Dooling is playing the PG position and taking Arroyo/Diener minutes, many can't say that he is taking Jonathan minutes away because lets face it, Jonathan has gotten numerous minutes in this particular game.

I agree, I think if JJ and Keyon keeps playing like they did tonight, along with Ariza.....That may be our new starting line-up in the next couple weeks....

Keyon / Jameer

Reddick / Hill

Ariza / Hedo

Battie / Ariza / Darko

Howard / Darko / Battie

This would be a solid 9 player rotation!!!

This is a great combination of shooters and slashers and makes for a great running team.....

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

Score one for Redick.

Good observation MilitaryMagic, Your Knowledge surpasses everyone.....Except for me of couse!!!

JK...Good observation.

The all Knowing and Powerful

John The Jerk

My opinion all along has been this team needs a better compliment to Jameer at PG and I've stated I thought baring a trade Dooling should be given a shot. Tonight he showed what having a defensive PG can do for a team. The PG sets the tone of both ends of the floor and while Dooling isn't a play maker, there's better movement with him running the point.

The ironic thing is that niether Dooling or Redick had big statistical games, but made big impacts on the game.

At least tonight, Napoleon had the right answers with personel and letting the guys run. Although, I fail to understand why you bring Jameer back into the game up 20 and rolling.

I could only hope that JJ and Keyons minutes start to soar past Carlos's or even Keiths. Keiths not bad, but I'd still play JJ before him, despite the inexpeience.