Sign in to follow this  
BRich

Indiana Pacers Sign Diener

Sorry, but I have a sneaky feeling Diener is having a breakout season with Pacers...

Now, wouldn't that be a biatch?

This SUCKS!!!!

So far this summer we lost Darko for nothing.

we lost Grant for nothing.

we lost Deiner for nothing.

I don't know about you all but Otis's great gameplan for this summer could have been accomplished by a complete moron. I would like to know what he is thinking or not thinking. Is he really GW. LOL

Though Maceo Baston will not return to the Pacers, it appears the backup point guard slot has been stabilized with the reported contract agreement with free agent Travis Diener.

The Pacers opted not to match Toronto's offer sheet (reportedly $3.8 million over two seasons) on restricted free agent Baston, who'll now officially join the Raptors. Even without Baston, the team is relatively well-stocked in the frontcourt (Jermaine O'Neal, Jeff Foster, Troy Murphy, Ike Diogu, David Harrison) and has priorities elsewhere, specifically point guard.

"I like Maceo a lot," said Donnie Walsh, "but this time of year you have to make some tough choices, and we chose to let him go."

Baston averaged 8.6 minutes, 2.9 points and 1.6 rebounds in 47 appearances last season. He rejoins the Toronto team that gave him his first NBA opportunity in 2003.

Though the Pacers haven't confirmed the deal, The Indianapolis Star reported the agreement with Diener, who averaged 3.8 points and 1.0 assists in 49 games with the Magic the past two seasons. A 6-1, 175-pound sharpshooter who paired with Dwyane Wade to lead Marquette to the NCAA Final Four in 2003, Diener should get the chance to establish himself as a legitimate NBA backup with the Pacers.

We know he can shoot: fully 72 percent of his shots (107 of 149) have come from the 3-point line, and he's hit 40.2 percent.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/web_070719.html

Best wishs for him

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

quote:
Originally posted by Robert56:

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

quote:

I'll give him this season but I not waiting to jump on the "Fire Otis bandwagon!"

Can you say "contradiction"?

Yes I can!

I just want people to know up front I am not happy with Otis and what he has done so far and when everyone else is asking for his head I'll be on the front line. I AM willing to give him time, but it is going to take a lot to change my mind.

I apologize in advance but I have had a considerably rough summer so take what I say with a grain of salt.

I believe that if you are willing to give someone a chance it should not come with stipulations or the preconceived notion that they will fail. Everyone knows that you are a Darko fan but come on, get over it, there may be a plan in effect.

Sorry you have had a rough summer. Hope the rest of it turns out better.

I sure hope Otis has a plan, but so far it sure doesn't seem like it. I hope he proves me wrong, and I will admit that I was wrong.

quote:

Really good summer isn't it!

We loose Darko (BAD!) Grant Hill (Not too bad!), and Diener (BAD!). And what did we get this summer? A new coach (GOOD!) Lewis and his outrageous contract (BAD!) Dwight signs a new contract (GREAT!)

As I see it we had more BAD sh!t happen to this team this summer than good.

I'm sorry, but losing Brian Hill and gaining SVG isn't just good.. it isn't just great. It's FANTASTIC.

Also Lewis's outrageous contract is bad, I agree. But getting the best free agent of the summer on this team is a GREAT thing. You're acting like we gave Pat Garrity a 100 million dollar raise or something, I mean give me a break.

If we did pretty much nothing with our frontcourt from here on out, I'd say it was an average summer. If we solidify it with Gortat, Fran, a FA, whatever... then I think this has been a good summer.

On the subject of Travis Diener? I will never be convinced that Carlos Arroyo is better than him. I wish he didn't have to go to such a team on the downfall like Indiana, but at least he could get some playing time now. Maybe.

But seriously. People won't give a flying **** about how much money Lewis makes when he's scoring 25+ points a game EVERY night. Unlike Hedo who does it once every week or two on the average.

Otis is a moron a fool and on top of that shows signs of arrogance and being a total inept at making deals. Its likely we would've still had Darko if he had bothered to at least make a call. Draft we sat around watching everyone get better, now letting go of the only true PG we had, a big man with potential etc. Even altar boy GHill bolted. Seriously doubt Grant would have left if he felt good about the moves the Magic are doing. C'mon with the roster we already had, a much better coach and 1 or 2 player moves we're going to the finals in the east, easily. With all these stupid moves Grant probably saw we won't even get there.

Whoever says let's give Otis more time is clueless and LilPenny would like to sell you his dirty sucks and underwear. A 22ppg scorer-only doesn't beat letting players go for nothing, not making any deals and at the end of the day the players we really needed to move are still here.

I'd be very surprised if he goes for Armstrong. Something tells me OTis doesn't want smart, vocal players on the court. That would be the logical thing to do, as always Otis is the type of guy who likes to do and say things that are totally illogical.

Otis is a nerd who needs an ego boost. When asked about the Fran fiasco he emphatically said if he had to do it all over again he would've still drafted Fran. Yeah right..

quote:
Originally posted by serbianeagle:

Travis good luck little fella ,you will be a next John Stocton.

To bad our moron GM is blind or on crack.maybe both who knows.

LilPenny's sentiments exactly

By the way what is this nonsense that he should be given credit for extending dwight and hiring Van Gundy? Both of those are no brainers. The moron actually passed on SVG and Iavaroni (and probably other top candidates) to go for Donovan.

He only hired Van Gundy after Donovan quit. How can anyone give him credit for hiring the logical choice when his original and best choice (that he took a month to make) ended up being an embarrassment for everybody?

quote:

WTF, what has he done to show he will be the next ******* John Stockton?

quote:

I'm sorry, did you just compare Travis Diener to the greatest point guard of alltime? If I didn't know you were from Serbia I would swear you are a Marquette alumni. Until Diener proves he can START in this league lets hold off on the hall of fame predictions, okay?

Again, the Magic currently still have 3 point guards ahead of Travis Diener on the depth chart. Is there anyone here that really thought Diener was going to resign with the team so that he can continue to sit on the bench in a suit? I like what I saw from Travis over the past 2 years but come on. Everyone on here complains about Jameer's size. Imagine how bad it would be if Diener was Jameer's primary backup. We would get killed defensively.

Again I wish Travis the best of luck in his pursuit of John Stockton.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

I'm sorry, did you just compare Travis Diener to the greatest point guard of alltime? If I didn't know you were from Serbia I would swear you are a Marquette alumni. Until Diener proves he can START in this league lets hold off on the hall of fame predictions, okay?

Again, the Magic currently still have 3 point guards ahead of Travis Diener on the depth chart. Is there anyone here that really thought Diener was going to resign with the team so that he can continue to sit on the bench in a suit? I like what I saw from Travis over the past 2 years but come on. Everyone on here complains about Jameer's size. Imagine how bad it would be if Diener was Jameer's primary backup. We would get killed defensively.

Again I wish Travis the best of luck in his pursuit of John Stockton.

Is it me or is there a rash of this stuff since the FA deadsline?? I mean the marginal Magic fans have doommed the team for not keeping marginal or expendable personnel. I like Travis, great story and a good kid, but let's face the facts here. Same with Darko, love the guy, but no one in there right state of mind is going to pass on Lewis and sign Darko to $10 mil or anything close to it! Grant (one way street) Hill @#$%*** I don't curse but you get the message!