Sign in to follow this  
average joe

Amway Arena

The Magic contributed a nearly 120 million to contribute building the building. The San Antonio Spurs put in like 26 million for their sh** because their town actually loves them. Most of the money comes from the games and people buying private sweeps, not your god **** tax money!!!

The Amway Arena is the most pathetic excuse for a Arena I've seen in the NBA. Can't you people open your eyes and see the god da*n see the nearly yellow sticky floors! For goodness sakes, the seats are red!!!! The Magic's colors are blue and white!!!!

Have'nt you people seen how American Airlines Arena, Phillips Arena, Madison Square Garden, and Staples Centre look like. These buildings are Titanic in size and can fit more than are feminine arena could.

I think about what the Magic players think If I were one of them. Man, look at this teams Arena with more than 30,000 fans buzzing. Our Amway Arena only fits 2/3s this much people. How degrading.............

I think the existing arena is attractive, well built and well designed (except for the skybox) locations. It could use some renovation. To knock it to the ground and rebuild it for 480 million is a colossal waste of money that could go to many other projects that would serve a lot more people.

That being said, I have no doubt that the new arena will be built at this point. Here

First, the money needed to renovate Amway would be so substantial that it would make more sense to just build a new place. The most important part of a new arena are the mid-level boxes, which bring in more revenue then any other seat. We must have these, not only for Magic games, but for all other events. I'm sorry, but when compared to other venues, the arena is horrible.

I agree with you about the need to spend tax dollars on projects that benifit a greater number of citizens. Perhaps we can get some of that money from the tourist tax that those on the south side of town will not share.

You must work for the City or have a income based on the citys revenue. Who cares what the city makes on the deal.... The bottom line is the benifets a new arena will bring.

More concerts = More tax revenue

More pro sports (Hockey)= More tax revenue

A new arena will also draw an ALLSTAR game which will sell out the whole areas hotels and reflect millions in revenue for our economy.

A new arena will also attract NCAA finals which will do the same for our economy.

A new arena = A major increase in revenue for the entire area.

The city will profit in the own ways. Lets not try and argue how much the city will or will not make and lets get the ground broke on this dang thing. The longer we wait the more its going to cost and the more i will have to hear people like your self griping about it.

quote:
Who cares what the city makes on the deal....

I care. At a time of substantial growth, it is important to watch where tax dollars are spent. I have no issues with the city and county wanting to make it right.

OH MY GOD! I understand free speech and fair in opionation. COME ON! Take it to the county site. I hate to say it but we just want to talk about he Orlando Magic, hince the OrlandoMagic.com Forum you are in! And WP nice of your political contributions but all we are saying is take this to the appropriate site. This is a SPORTS site not a POLITICAL site. ORLANDO MAGIC is a SPORTS TEAM not a DEBATE TEAM from Dr. Philips.

quote:
Originally posted by average joe:

Magic

1. You have argued all along that you need this new arena to stop your 20 million dollar annual loss. Prove it, open your books.

I own my own business and would NOT open my books for my landlord. If he required it to gain advantage in lease negotiations (which this is what it would be for!), I would find a new landlord. The Magic can do the same!

Vegas, Oklohama City are both after teams and have the facilities in place. The Magic are doing more than most teams in comparable markets. Asking more is a message to the team to look elsewhere.

Should Mick Jagger have to pay for part of the Arena as well? Because the Stones are sure to use it at least once a year. The same Stones that only go to Tampa and Miami, because the Amway is a peice of S.

quote:
Originally posted by average joe:

Orange County, Fl has a population of over 1 million. Why spent 480 million on a new arena to satisfy an additional 2,752 people. Use that money for the good of the vast majority of residents. My preference would be to buy land and build more parks throughout the City that are used year-round by the general public. If the Magic, needs "x" amount of money to survive and stay in Orlando, let them open up their books and see if the City can work something out. Don't hold the City hostage and secondly don't skewed the deal so heavily in your favor.

Average Joe

http://www.projecthometown.com/pdf/SportsEventsCenterPresentation.pdf

check out and get back to me