Sign in to follow this  
Dwights my Hero

You are BLIND if you are still optimistic about next year!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by the last don:

Getting Rashard Lewis was smart especially letting Darko go for nothing because Darko is nothing. Everyone was talking about the Twin Towers concept,which does not work like with two big men wanting the same spotlight. (see Houston Rockets with Sampson and Hakeem) You have to have a 'lunchpal complement' to Dwight and Darko just does not cut it. He is the softest 7-footer in the NBA hands down. We just need a pass first-defensive minded point guard. We have a defensive minded wing (Trevor Ariza), a shooter (J.J. Redick), a wing scorer ( Rashard Lewis) and a dominant big man (Dwight Howard) We are not that far away from a championship

Sampson and Olajuwon went to the finals together and had it not been for Sampsons knees being garbage they would have been frightening. The only reason the twin towers doesn't work that often is because its nearly impossible to get 2 great big men.

I do agree with you though that we just need the lunch pail guy to work with Dwight, the problem with Darko is he didn't want to be a lunch pail guy, he wanted to be a focal point. My only beef is we should have gotten something for Darko even if it was a late pick, we just can't keep giving things away for free.

If you can't get a "Twin Towers" of two big men, you can always go for the Triple Threat, aka the Three Headed Monster.

Chicago won it all with Bill Wennington, Will Perdue, and the "Thunder from Down Under," Luc Longley. I mean, why do you think the Bulls were so dominant??!!

quote:

Getting Rashard Lewis was smart especially letting Darko go for nothing because Darko is nothing. Everyone was talking about the Twin Towers concept,which does not work like with two big men wanting the same spotlight. (see Houston Rockets with Sampson and Hakeem) You have to have a 'lunchpal complement' to Dwight and Darko just does not cut it. He is the softest 7-footer in the NBA hands down. We just need a pass first-defensive minded point guard. We have a defensive minded wing (Trevor Ariza), a shooter (J.J. Redick), a wing scorer ( Rashard Lewis) and a dominant big man (Dwight Howard) We are not that far away from a championship

Yeah, this roster could give a scare to a lot of WNBA teams...

quote:

Yeah, Darko is nothing, and ORL wins a championship...

quote:

That Softy is 285 now!

http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/features/q_and_a_with_darko_milicic-070717.html

Darko=wasted money

I see another Sam Bowie in Darko. He is another high lotto pick that will never pan out. Mark my words, Memphis will regret signing Darko before we regret signing Lewis.

quote:
Originally posted by Wyrm:

quote:

Yeah, Darko is nothing, and ORL wins a championship...

I bet this picture of Darko is hanging over your bed.

quote:
Since MJ retired as the best player of all time, 8 of the 9 championships have been won by teams with the best centers in the game.

You could argue that the championships that were won BEFORE MJ all had a pretty good big man, too.

quote:
Originally posted by ATL_MagicFan:

Darko=wasted money

I see another Sam Bowie in Darko. He is another high lotto pick that will never pan out. Mark my words, Memphis will regret signing Darko before we regret signing Lewis.

Mark my words: If you're right, they'll regret it for a much shorter amount of time, and when they regret it they'll regret it a lot less.

Guys I think the Magic will make the playoffs. but I dont see them being a top 3-6 team in the East. I see them just barely sliding in.

Rashard was severly overpaid, and I just hate how Otis made such a big deal about Darko and Otis told fans to consider Darko as our Draft pick this year because we traded the #15 pick for him and Otis said he felt that Darko wouldve gone much higher then 15 if he was in the draft this year.

BUT THEN HE DOESNT RESIGN HIM which means we did nothing in the draft! He traded all of our picks for cash for what??? To overpay for Rashard some more?

I guess you can still be optimistic if you want, and I will try to stay optimistic too. But I really think that we messed up this offseason and many of you on this board will realize this in the upcoming years.