Sign in to follow this  
Dwights my Hero

You are BLIND if you are still optimistic about next year!!!!!

Assuming that this is our final roster.... our team is a joke.

DO YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND WE PAID RASHARD MORE THEN WHAT VINCE AND CHAUNCEY SIGNED FOR COMBINED??????????

do you understand that we did absolutely nothing in the draft??? Anyone can go out and sign Rashard to a max deal especially when your gonna pay him 40 million more then anyone wants to give him.

Keith Bogans, Pat Garrity, James Augustine, Gortat?, Tony Battie. Come on man everyone on my college intramural basketball team could make the team over these guys.

We have taken a step backwards not only for this year since we lost Darko and Grant, but now we have no cap room to better the team in the future. The next 6 years will be rough for us Magic fans and I think that your blind if you cant see this as FACT.

DO YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND WE PAID RASHARD MORE THEN WHAT VINCE AND CHAUNCEY SIGNED FOR COMBINED??????????

do you understand that we did absolutely nothing in the draft??? Anyone can go out and sign Rashard to a max deal especially when your gonna pay him 40 million more then anyone wants to give him.

Keith Bogans, Pat Garrity, James Augustine, Gortat?, Tony Battie. Come on man everyone on my college intramural basketball team could make the team over these guys.

We have taken a step backwards not only for this year since we lost Darko and Grant, but now we have no cap room to better the team in the future. The next 6 years will be rough for us Magic fans and I think that your blind if you cant see this as FACT.

I don't see how our team is a joke. Sure you listed our 2nd/third team guys, but that doesn't speak about the rest of the team.

The only thing I see as a significant step back is losing Grant. But on the positive side of that Ariza has a chance to step up, and has been vocal about starting.

quote:
Originally posted by Dwights my Hero:

Did you take your medicine this morning? You and all the naysayers forget how we were hindered by the WORST coach in the entire NBA last year. This team will be far superior. They will play team defense but more importantly JJ and Trevor will get huge minutes. I will also go out on a limb and predict that Rashard is going take it to the next level and become an elite player. The guy can score from anywhere on the court and he will definitly rebound more in SVG's system.

1. What cap room would we have had anyways?

2. Grant was never coming back.

3. Darko was a lazy backup last year. His contribution, while solid, was not crucial to our team's success.

Its not blind to be optimistic. Why were teams able to figure us out? Because you could send 2-3 guys at Dwight and it was a wrap for us. Can teams do that this year? At the risk of leaving Shard or maybe a JJ Redick wide open?

We got a better coach who's excellent defensively, but doesn't handcuff his team on offense the way B Hill did. Yeah, our front court will be thin unless we make any deals - but we have a man who controls the paint on both sides as much as anybody in the game. We're now forced to make sure we work on player development and scouting - which is something we've needed to do for years. Cap space doesn't carry over. It would have been sucked up by our extensions anyways.

I am not picking a fight but You are NOT A ORLANDO MAGIC FAN if you are not optimistic about next year. Our lineup has its flaws as does every other team in the nba! you may have an outstanding starting 5 but then a crappy bench, or one or two good players and then a good 6th man and thats it. we can not have chauncey, kobe, lebron, dwight, and timmy on our team. it will never happen. being a fan is POSITIVELY supporting your teams players. yes that includes garrity. and on top of that we can still trade players at this point and before the trade deadline so nothing is written in stone. i am not blind just a fan. i am also not optimistic, i am thrilled!

A joke it is not, but its not very good right now. It has good elements but if Championship is our goal we aren't there yet.

Time will tell how we improve this team.

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

1. What cap room would we have had anyways?

2. Grant was never coming back.

3. Darko was a lazy backup last year. His contribution, while solid, was not crucial to our team's success.

Its not blind to be optimistic. Why were teams able to figure us out? Because you could send 2-3 guys at Dwight and it was a wrap for us. Can teams do that this year? At the risk of leaving Shard or maybe a JJ Redick wide open?

We got a better coach who's excellent defensively, but doesn't handcuff his team on offense the way B Hill did. Yeah, our front court will be thin unless we make any deals - but we have a man who controls the paint on both sides as much as anybody in the game. We're now forced to make sure we work on player development and scouting - which is something we've needed to do for years. Cap space doesn't carry over. It would have been sucked up by our extensions anyways.

Perfectly stated BRich and great points.